Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Makes You Smile After a Long Day - 2014 Mazda Mazda3 S Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited November 2014 in Mazda
imageMakes You Smile After a Long Day - 2014 Mazda Mazda3 S Long-Term Road Test

After a 13-hour work day I like walking into a dusty parking garage and finding our 2014 Mazda 3 waiting for me.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    emajoremajor Member Posts: 332
    Maybe you should get away from the 13 hour days and SoCal for awhile, because I wasn't aware of any serious conspiracies to take away 38mpg compacts. It's charming that your defiant but blase Charlton Heston reference was saved for a little economy car, though, most people talk that way about 5.0 mustangs.

If you're really concerned about preserving the love of driving, you should do something about your own website. Edmunds has become the most sterile, passionless, cars-are-appliances website since Consumer Reports. No more personality in the articles, the enthusiast section hidden away from the main page. Visiting the homepage of this site will kill the love of cars faster than any self-driving Google pod.
  • Options
    wheelmccoywheelmccoy Member Posts: 97
    All those spaces and someone still parks next to you! :)
  • Options
    mmcalmmcal Member Posts: 2
    Awesome website! It is the perfect companion for a new/used car search. I used it for my last car purchase, using the Edmunds TMV and trade-in numbers to arrive at a price and the dealer accepted it. I suppose I could have eked out a couple of extra dollars but it made the bargaining painless. By the way, the Mazda3 is on my list for a new car purchase in the next year.
  • Options
    emajoremajor Member Posts: 332
    Yes, mmcal, it is an awesome website. In fact, just today on "What's HOT", a bland Saltine-flavored report card of the stunning new Nissan Sentra, with everything from value to seat comfort ranked in letter grades and written with all the flair and personality of a corporate website more interested in providing shopping & buying tools to consumers than interesting and colorful reviews of automobiles and what they are like to drive. This is the norm, not the exception around here now. Edmunds used to be both, but now the enthusiast side is just a bombed out husk of its former self, its writers and reviewers trapped in the corporate monolith, churning out the equivalent of unsweetened oatmeal. Healthy but so flavorless that it is punishment to endure.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    If you are a parent of young children (at least one under 12 years old) who owns a Mazda 3 (2014 or 2015), a reporter would like for you to fill out a survey, due by December 22, 2014, for use in a print publication. Click here for the survey http://tinyurl.com/o8uzder