Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2015 Ford F-150 Earns Up to 22 MPG Combined; Pickup Bound for Dealers Now | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited November 2014 in Ford
image2015 Ford F-150 Earns Up to 22 MPG Combined; Pickup Bound for Dealers Now | Edmunds.com

Ford today revealed official fuel economy figures for the 2015 F-150 pickup truck, the most-anticipated stat for the all-new, aluminum-bodied new generation of the country's best-selling vehicle. The drastically light-weighted new F-150's fuel economy solidly beats its full-size competitors, but isn't as radical an improvement as some might have hoped.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    empowahempowah Member Posts: 70
    19/26 mpg is seriously impressive for a full-size 325-hp pick-up; that would have beaten a Malibu V6 (17/26 mpg) just two years ago.

Also, efficiency and fuel economy are different things. F-150 2.7 is more efficient than Ram EcoDiesel when you consider that diesel fuel has 15% more BTUs per gallon than gasoline.
  • Options
    mittzombiemittzombie Member Posts: 162
    The ecoboost never delivers in real world mpgs though. People also complain they lose power over the years.
  • Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,320
    edited November 2014
    My wife and I both have 2.0 ecoboost engines. Her AWD Escape averages less than the EPA average, but she drives in high traffic conditions. My Fusion averages well over the EPA average, but I drive in less stop and go. Our commutes are basically the same.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Options
    PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    I do miss having a pickup. While the mileage of the F-150 is really good for a truck, I don't know if "car mileage" is possible to achieve in a pickup while retaining the power/performance you expect or need in a truck
  • Options
    techman41973techman41973 Member Posts: 83
    19/26 is very good, but Chrysler is getting 18/25 in the RAM with it's base V6
    We were told by Ford that switching to aluminum was essential for fuel economy. Maybe with an 8-speed, Ford can achieve 20/27 on RWD. That would be impressive. Also why not a base 2.3 liter ecoboost 4 with stop/start, 270hp and 8-speed? Ford should be able to get 21/28.
  • Options
    thecardoc3thecardoc3 Member Posts: 5,747
    What is Ford doing to protect the body from corrosion? Historically aluminum components have a habit of delaminating and essentially turning to dust especially in the rust belt.