Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Subaru Outback Lease Questions

Comments

• madcity2madcity2 Member Posts: 38
    I live in WI. I've been quoted an MSRP of $33783 for 2.5 limited with nav, keyless, etc. Residual of $20082, selling price of $31265 which I was shown is "invoice". Money factor .00050 for 36mo/12k miles. pretax payment of $357. (1) when I run these numbers thru a lease calculator I get $338, so am I being scammed?; (2) you seem to be quoting a money factor of .00030 in the thread, again, am I being scammed?; (3) could I do better on the selling price? Much thanks.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,121
    madcity2 said:

I live in WI. I've been quoted an MSRP of $33783 for 2.5 limited with nav, keyless, etc. Residual of $20082, selling price of $31265 which I was shown is "invoice". Money factor .00050 for 36mo/12k miles. pretax payment of $357. (1) when I run these numbers thru a lease calculator I get $338, so am I being scammed?; (2) you seem to be quoting a money factor of .00030 in the thread, again, am I being scammed?; (3) could I do better on the selling price? Much thanks.

(1) 57% residual for 2.5i Limited for 36/12, .00050 MF, along with your MSRP and selling price, gets me a pre-tax payment of $358.84

(2) dealer seems to be inflating the MF

(3) hard to say; use the pricing tools at the top of the page to help figure a target price

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Michaell said:

madcity2 said:

(1) 57% residual for 2.5i Limited for 36/12, .00050 MF, along with your MSRP and selling price, gets me a pre-tax payment of $358.84

(3) hard to say; use the pricing tools at the top of the page to help figure a target price
    Thanks for your comment. I'm not understanding how you get to residual of 57% on $20082/$33783. Am I doing the calc wrong as I get 59%. Is there something else I need to factor in? And when you say dealer is inflating MF, just to be sure, it should be .0003, correct? Finally, on the lease calc on your web site I'm filling in sales price (31265), residual (20082) 36 mos, 12k miles, .0005MF and get an after-tax of $344 using my WI zip code (5.5% sales tax) compared with your number of $358.84 pretax. What am I doing wrong?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    madcity2 said:

Michaell said:

madcity2 said:

Thanks for your comment. I'm not understanding how you get to residual of 57% on $20082/$33783. Am I doing the calc wrong as I get 59%. Is there something else I need to factor in? And when you say dealer is inflating MF, just to be sure, it should be .0003, correct? Finally, on the lease calc on your web site I'm filling in sales price (31265), residual (20082) 36 mos, 12k miles, .0005MF and get an after-tax of $344 using my WI zip code (5.5% sales tax) compared with your number of $358.84 pretax. What am I doing wrong?

The proper residual is 57%. If your dollar amount residual is correct, then it's possible that the dealer is mis-quoting the MSRP (or the other way around).

The base MF is .00030. Dealers can mark up that number for extra profit.

We don't use the website lease calculator, so I can't vouch for the results. But, to start with, we are using different numbers, as your residual and MSRP don't match the program.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• anguillaanguilla Member Posts: 56
    I'm looking to lease 2015 Outback 2.5 LTD. with these two options:
    Moonroof Package & Keyless Access & Navi & Eyesight
    OR
    Moonroof Package & Keyless Access & Navi

It would be $0 down for 15k/year for 36 months.

With Eyesight, the lowest base cap cost I've received in NJ is 31,800
    Without Eyesight, the lowest base cap cost I've received in NJ is 31,200

The dealer seems to be using a MF of .0007, but everywhere else I've heard that it should be .0003 and a residual of 55%. I have top tier credit.

With these prices, they want me to make first month's payment at signing, doc fees of $295 and DMV fees of $125 to transfer my current plates.

1) Please confirm that the MF and RV are .0003 and 55% in NJ.
    2) Is this a good base cap cost or can I do better? (No one seems to have these in stock, anywhere).
    3) I seem to be calculated something wrong with the lease calculator (or maybe the dealer is doing something funny). What should be my monthly payment on these two options, with and without eyesight and $0 down?

anguilla said:

I'm looking to lease 2015 Outback 2.5 LTD. with these two options:
    Moonroof Package & Keyless Access & Navi & Eyesight
    OR
    Moonroof Package & Keyless Access & Navi

It would be $0 down for 15k/year for 36 months.

With Eyesight, the lowest base cap cost I've received in NJ is 31,800
    Without Eyesight, the lowest base cap cost I've received in NJ is 31,200

The dealer seems to be using a MF of .0007, but everywhere else I've heard that it should be .0003 and a residual of 55%. I have top tier credit.

With these prices, they want me to make first month's payment at signing, doc fees of $295 and DMV fees of $125 to transfer my current plates.

1) Please confirm that the MF and RV are .0003 and 55% in NJ.
    2) Is this a good base cap cost or can I do better? (No one seems to have these in stock, anywhere).
    3) I seem to be calculated something wrong with the lease calculator (or maybe the dealer is doing something funny). What should be my monthly payment on these two options, with and without eyesight and $0 down?

(1) confirm .00030 MF and 55% residual for 36/15; dealer is allowed to mark up the MF for extra profit

(2) I'm not in the market, so cannot comment on what is or is not a good selling price. Recommend you use the pricing tools (make, model, year) at the top of the page to determine a target price

(3) We would need to know the MSRP of the vehicles in question in order to model a payment

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

edited November 2014
    Thanks for your comment Michaell.The MSRP for the non-eyesight model is $33,888 and with eyesight is $34,135. Please advise answer #3 from my questions.
    anguilla said:

Thanks for your comment Michaell.The MSRP for the non-eyesight model is $33,888 and with eyesight is $34,135. Please advise answer #3 from my questions.

With eyesight, pre-tax payment is $377.

Without eyesight, pre-tax payment is $363.88

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

when quoting RV, is that off MSRP before or after delivery charges? Thanks
    madcity2 said:

when quoting RV, is that off MSRP before or after delivery charges? Thanks

MSRP with delivery.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited November 2014
    Michaell, are you including all fees (doc and DMV), except for 7% state tax?
    anguilla said:

Michaell, are you including all fees (doc and DMV), except for 7% state tax?

I'm just using the numbers you've provided - do they include the state and dealer fees?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• kbzonkbzon Member Posts: 30
    may I please get the residual and money factor for a 2015 outback premium 12/15k per year

thanks
    kbzon said:

may I please get the residual and money factor for a 2015 outback premium 12/15k per year

thanks

36/15 - 56% and .00030. Add 2% for 12K.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

How would one calculate a one-payment lease?
    madcity2 said:

Calculate the monthly lease payment and multiply by the lease term.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

madcity2 said:

I was under the impression that a one-pay lease would be a cheaper way (not paying the interest?) to lease a car
    madcity2 said:

Michaell said:

madcity2 said:

I was under the impression that a one-pay lease would be a cheaper way (not paying the interest?) to lease a car
    No, you still have to pay the rent charge (interest) - some manufacturers offer a discount on that rate for a one-pay lease. Not sure if Subaru is one of them.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

madcity2 said:

Michaell said:

madcity2 said:

As @Michaell noted, you still pay interest, just less of it...

A one-pay lease is calculated just like a regular lease, but with a discounted money factor. The discount is for paying all that cash upfront... But, you aren't paying cash for the whole car, just the depreciation, so there is still an interest charge.

That varies by bank, and unfortunately, as also noted, we don't have the one-pay money factor numbers.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• brit67brit67 Member Posts: 18
    what is MF and residual for2015 Outback 2.5i LTD for 36months 15,000 miles
    brit67 said:

what is MF and residual for2015 Outback 2.5i LTD for 36months 15,000 miles

55% and .00030

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• parpraksparpraks Member Posts: 1
    MF and RV for 2.5i premium with 12k for 36 months in CA.

THANKS!
    parpraks said:

MF and RV for 2.5i premium with 12k for 36 months in CA.

THANKS!

58% and .00030

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

May a dealer monkey around with the residual value to make payments higher to make a greater profit. I know they can do that with the MF. thanks
    Also, do terms change at the beginning of the month? Such as RV and MF. and if so, what would be the terms for a limited with eyesight with 12k/36 months in WI? Thanks
  • mikem856mikem856 Member Posts: 21
    When can we expect December numbers to be released? Do they really change that much from one month to the next? We are in Illinois, and we are looking at leasing a couple of cars right after the new year. I would like to be able to work with semi-accurate numbers in December.
    madcity2 said:

May a dealer monkey around with the residual value to make payments higher to make a greater profit. I know they can do that with the MF. thanks

No.. the residual is set by the bank, and cannot be altered.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

madcity2 said:

Also, do terms change at the beginning of the month? Such as RV and MF. and if so, what would be the terms for a limited with eyesight with 12k/36 months in WI? Thanks

Subaru's new program is effective December 2nd. We likely won't have the numbers until later in the week.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

mikem856 said:

When can we expect December numbers to be released? Do they really change that much from one month to the next? We are in Illinois, and we are looking at leasing a couple of cars right after the new year. I would like to be able to work with semi-accurate numbers in December.

New program starts tomorrow. No clue what it will bring. Later in the week.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• akboy37akboy37 Member Posts: 7
    I have mine tentatively looked for today at .003 and %57 for 36/12k...anyone hear what the new numbers are? I talked with two different dealers and one said it changes today, and the other tomorrow Dec 3rd
  • minnfanminnfan Member Posts: 8
    Can anyone help me with numbers: MF and RV for 2015 2.5i limited with 12k for 36 months in MN. MSRP $30945, with $6000 down. Thanks!
  • jk715jk715 Member Posts: 3
    what is MF and RV for 2.5 Limited for 36months/12k miles in CA?
    akboy37 said:

I have mine tentatively looked for today at .003 and %57 for 36/12k...anyone hear what the new numbers are? I talked with two different dealers and one said it changes today, and the other tomorrow Dec 3rd

.00030 MF and 57% residual for the Limited model. 36mo, 12K/yr

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

minnfan said:

Can anyone help me with numbers: MF and RV for 2015 2.5i limited with 12k for 36 months in MN. MSRP $30945, with $6000 down. Thanks!

.00030 MF and 57% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

jk715 said:

what is MF and RV for 2.5 Limited for 36months/12k miles in CA?

.00030 MF and 57% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jabslbjabslb Member Posts: 1
    Any help with these numbers is greatly appreciated!

2015 Subaru Outback Premium w/Eyesight
    PA
    MSRP $29840 after $26995 base, $1995 options and $850 destination
    $28184
    36 Months / 15k year
    $0 down
    jabslb said:

Any help with these numbers is greatly appreciated!

2015 Subaru Outback Premium w/Eyesight
    PA
    MSRP $29840 after $26995 base, $1995 options and $850 destination
    $28184
    36 Months / 15k year
    $0 down

.00030 MF and 56% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

I noticed that the numbers, residual and MF, really don't change that much from month to month. I'm not asking for a crystal ball here, but would you expect the numbers to change much going into the New Year? Do they typically make any big changes when we roll over to a new calendar year? I ask because my wife and I are leasing cars in IL once the law changes. Thanks.
    Also, what are the numbers for an Outback Premium and Limited 36/12 and 36/15. Thank you.
    madcity2 said:

57% and .00030 for December.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

akboy37 said:

Confirm .00030 and 57% for 36/12 on the Outback Limited for December.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

mikem856 said:

I noticed that the numbers, residual and MF, really don't change that much from month to month. I'm not asking for a crystal ball here, but would you expect the numbers to change much going into the New Year? Do they typically make any big changes when we roll over to a new calendar year? I ask because my wife and I are leasing cars in IL once the law changes. Thanks.

Anything is possible, but it's unlikely that there would be a major change month-to-month.
    mikem856 said:

Also, what are the numbers for an Outback Premium and Limited 36/12 and 36/15. Thank you.

Premium - 56% and .00030 for 36/15

Limited - 55% and .00030 for 36/15

Add 2% for 12K.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• sforgues1sforgues1 Member Posts: 5
    Hey...I know it might be splitting hairs, but when I did the calculation for the MF on the deal I got in November, the MF was 0.00025 not 0.00030. It makes a few dollars difference per month. The quote sheet showed 0.0003, but I'm assuming it was rounded up from the 25 number.

I also want to say, the info here is accurate as far as I was concerned in case someone might be wondering.
    sforgues1 said:

Hey...I know it might be splitting hairs, but when I did the calculation for the MF on the deal I got in November, the MF was 0.00025 not 0.00030. It makes a few dollars difference per month. The quote sheet showed 0.0003, but I'm assuming it was rounded up from the 25 number.

I also want to say, the info here is accurate as far as I was concerned in case someone might be wondering.

I don't think you can reverse engineer the MF from the other numbers in the deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• jk715jk715 Member Posts: 3
    Am I getting a good deal here:
    '15 Outback 2.5i Ltd w/moonroof package

MSRP $34083
    Sale price $31,076
    Fees $430.75
    Sales Tax $2,804.04
    Your OTD = 34,310.79

What would a lease monthly look like? Assuming 500/1000 down.

Also, are the "Fees" average?
    Thanks
    jk715 said:

Am I getting a good deal here:
    '15 Outback 2.5i Ltd w/moonroof package

MSRP $34083
    Sale price $31,076
    Fees $430.75
    Sales Tax $2,804.04
    Your OTD = 34,310.79

What would a lease monthly look like? Assuming 500/1000 down.

Also, are the "Fees" average?
    Thanks

This is for a purchase?

Use the "Make / Model / Year" pull downs at the top of the page to establish a target price.

What state is this? Fees can vary greatly based on where you live.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    If you are a parent of young children (at least one under 12 years old) who owns a Subaru Outback (2015), a reporter would like for you to fill out a survey, due by December 22, 2014, for use in a print publication. Click here for the survey http://tinyurl.com/o8uzder
  • blw29blw29 Member Posts: 2
    Do MF and residual vary by state?
    Can you tell me mf and residual for 2.5i, 12k miles, in California?
    blw29 said:

Do MF and residual vary by state?
    Can you tell me mf and residual for 2.5i, 12k miles, in California?

The program is national for all dealers that use Subaru Motors Finance. There is a distributorship that controls a lot of New England and their rates may be different.

Base model? .0010 MF and 61% residual for 36 months.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Would you please give me an update for December for Outback limited with eyesight for 12k/36mos for MF and residual value for WI. thanks