Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Audi Q5 lease question

neuro33neuro33 Member Posts: 2
edited November 2014 in Audi
I am being offered a 2015 q5 premium plus in Virginia with technology package. Here is the breakdown

36 m/12k
msrp 47320 and negotiated 44320
mf .00134 and residual is 56.6%
i will pay taxes up front and no down payment

when I calculate payments it comes up to $582.  They keep telling me $634

i ask for any other fees that are not transparent and they told me that they are adding taxes in the depreciation calculation.  Why would they do that if I am already paying taxes.  

Am I missing something or are they?

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,100
    neuro33 said:

I am being offered a 2015 q5 premium plus in Virginia with technology package. Here is the breakdown

36 m/12k

i ask for any other fees that are not transparent and they told me that they are adding taxes in the depreciation calculation.  Why would they do that if I am already paying taxes.  

.00134 MF and 56% residual are correct. (not sure where your 56.6% comes from)

With that, payment is $590/mo. I'm not sure how Virginia tax works on leases..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,252
    kyfdx said:

neuro33 said:

36 m/12k

.00134 MF and 56% residual are correct. (not sure where your 56.6% comes from)

With that, payment is $590/mo. I'm not sure how Virginia tax works on leases..

I think VA calculates sales tax up front (similar to NY and NJ) - can be paid at lease inception or rolled into the cap cost.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4