Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Yep, a Rear-Facing Infant Car Seat Fits - 2014 Mini Cooper Hardtop Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited December 2014 in MINI
imageYep, a Rear-Facing Infant Car Seat Fits - 2014 Mini Cooper Hardtop Long-Term Road Test

I've always wanted to own a Mini Cooper, but now I have a 7-month-old in a rear-facing infant car seat. Can our 2014 Mini Cooper still work for us?

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    s197gts197gt Member Posts: 486
    i recently cancelled my last amazon subscribe and save subscription for (pull up) diapers. extremely liberating and one of the great milestones of my life! having said that... of course, now my wife wants another one.
  • Options
    bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    7 months? How did I miss you having a baby, or have you not shared that with us before? Congratulations to you and your husband. Now, back to the topic at hand, this just demonstrates why BMW chose to make the Mini less, well, mini. Not everyone wants a 4 door or Clubman, and this makes the Mini far more practical for a young family like yours while still keeping the car small by modern standards.
  • Options
    dldavedldave Member Posts: 46
    I like this car, but I've been in and have witnessed enough rear end collisions that I will not drive a car where the rear seat passengers are essentially in the crumple zone. One accident in particular left the whole trunk of a Hyundai Sonata completely flat against the passenger compartment. I know that the trunk area is different, but I couldn't help but think of what it would have looked like in a vehicle with little to no trunk.