Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Chevrolet SS Priced at $48,040 | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited December 2014 in Chevrolet
image2015 Chevrolet SS Priced at $48,040 | Edmunds.com

The 2015 Chevrolet SS sports sedan starts at $48,040, reflecting a $2,270 price increase over the 2014 model.

Read the full story here

Comments

• kokomojoekokomojoe Member Posts: 150
    Another attempt by GM to sell the Australian Holden in the US, First it was the GTO, then the G8 now..the SS
    Maybe if they built it here it would sell better.
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    kokomojoe said:

Another attempt by GM to sell the Australian Holden in the US, First it was the GTO, then the G8 now..the SS
    Maybe if they built it here it would sell better.

And color me frugal, but $48K is a chunk of change for someone who is looking at "buying a car" rather than getting a "sport sedan".
  • mittzombiemittzombie Member Posts: 162
    After putting SS on all sorts of lame chevys the name is meaningless. You could be talking about a CObalt for all people know.
    But once you get a look at the car it still looks like Malibu got taken to Pep boys. Just not a prestigious car...
  • bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    As with the G8 before it, I love the understated look of the SS and it is very good deal when compared to the 5 series, E Class, and Jag XF.

The 550i starts at $64k, the E400 at $62k, and the XF 5.0 is $70k. Are those cars really $16k to $22k (33% to 46%) better?
  • jm0597jm0597 Member Posts: 3
    I'll wait for the end of year discounts. For 50k you're getting the previous gen V8 and Malibu looks. If it weren't for the fact this is the only 4 door V8 with a stick in its class, I'd pass.
  • bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    Given that they are only going to import a few thousand of these I would not hold my breath for significant discounts.
  • eco_dgfeco_dgf Member Posts: 1
    Cars.com lists 511 2014 SS's for sale at dealerships. Even given their usual lag in reporting, there's still a whole bunch of leftovers to digest. Plus, this car is a lame duck. No more Holdens coming out of Oz.
  • eliaselias Member Posts: 2,209
    The Holden vehicles sold in USA are why GM still exists. The monaro-GTO's test/success enabled development of the new Camaro, which was a critical vehicle/process to GM's future. There were some discounts at the end of the GTO 3 year run, new auto sales were quite bad at the time. I don't recall there being discounts for the G8 GXP however. Don't hold your breath for discounts at the end of the SS run, seemingly in ~2 years.