Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Technical Service Bulletins

Comments

• Options
    bruschbrusch Member Posts: 4
    I'm getting only 14mpg on this 2.4cyl car when it is supposed to get near 24mpg/city. The engine light has never came on.it runs great. I have had it checked by numerous mechanics including Nissan but none can find a problem.
    Is it possible to have a bad O2 sensor without the engine light coming on? Could it be something else that is causing such poor gas mileage that might have been overlooked?
    Bill
  • Options
    I was wondering if anyone had access to the full contents of the following TSB's: (Edmunds and AllData only have the TSB Titles listed, with no actual content.)
    01-08-50-008 Power Seat Track
    01-07-30-014 Delayed Shifts
    99-01-38-005 AC Not Cold
    00-01-38-007 A/C Performance/Leaks
    00-01-38-003
    and
    00-01-38-003A Popping Sound from Dash

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Member Posts: 1,712
    Well,
    If we had the year, make, model and engine size, we might be able to locate them.
    Probably could locate them by the TSB number, but that is time consuming. I can tell you that I might help you out with one or two, but not the whole list.
  • Options
    I thought it would be easier by number.
    2001 Chevy Impala LS 3.8L

Thanks!
  • Options
    Well, yes, the TSB number makes things alot easier, but in order to look it up, you have to start with the vehicle year, then make, then model and finally the engine, then it will list the TSBs to thumb thru. Once you get to that vehicle, then that is where the TSB number comes in handy. Without the vehicle info, there would be literally thousands of TSBs to wade thru.
    With the amount of TSBs that you were concerned with, I would suggest you check out Alldata's DIY subscription. It will provide you with ALL info (including TSBs full text) for your vehicle for one year for about $25.
    --------------------------------------------------
    #01-07-30-014
    Extended Shifts During Cold Operation (Replace Shift Solenoid Valve Assembly)
    4T65-E Transmission Delayed Shifts, Slips, Flares or Extended Shifts During Cold Operation (Replace Shift Solenoid Valve Assembly)
    Condition
    Some owners may comment on one or several delayed shifts, slips, flares or extended shifts during cold operation. These symptoms can affect the 1-2 shift only. The transmission won't shift out of 1st gear until the temperature is high enough to unstick the solenoid. This condition can last up to several shift patterns. These symptoms can return after the vehicle sits, usually 6 hours or more.
    Cause
    The 1-2, 3-4 shift solenoid valve not exhausting may be the cause of these conditions.
    Correction
    Replace the 1-2, 3-4 shift solenoid valve. Refer to the appropriate Service Manual information for replacement procedure.

Parts Information
    Part Number Description Qty
    24219819 1-2, 3-4 Shift Solenoid 1
    --------------------------------------------------#99-01-38-005
    2000 models only.
    #00-01-38-007
    Is an informational TSB for the tech to use a tracer dye to loacate leaks in the AC system.
    #00-01-38-003A is a revision of #00-01-38-003
    2000 models only.
    The mode valve actuator may have a bind in the linkage.
    Correction
    Remove the left (driver's) side instrument panel sound insulator panel.
    Remove the left (driver's) side knee bolster.
    Disconnect the two vacuum lines from the mode valve actuator. The mode valve actuator is behind the instrument panel just to the left of the radio and HVAC control. It has a blue vacuum line attached to the left side and a brown vacuum line on the back side.
    Disconnect the mode valve actuator from it's attachment to the HVAC module case.
    Notice
    The mode door arm is plastic. Care must be taken to avoid damaging the mode door arm.
    Disconnect the mode door actuator from the mode door arm.
    Install the new mode valve actuator, P/N 52487750 (this is replacing P/N 52487554), to the mode valve actuator arm and snap into place on the HVAC module case.
    Connect the vacuum lines to the actuator.
    Install the driver's knee bolster. Tighten
    Tighten the screws to 2 N·m (18 lb in).
    Install the left side instrument panel sound insulator panel.
    #01-08-50-008
    Power Seat Track Adjusters
    2001 Chevrolet Impala, Monte Carlo -- Built After VIN Breakpoint 19298567
    Beginning with the VIN breakpoints listed above, the power seat track adjusters are non-serviceable and therefore individual parts are not available. If repairs are required to the power seat track adjuster on these vehicles, it will be necessary to replace the complete assembly.
    Important
    Vehicles built prior to the VIN breakpoints listed above have power seat track adjusters that can be serviced with individual parts.
  • Options
    Last time I checked, Alldatadiy didn't have a subscription for 2001 Impala. That may have changed.

Thanks again!
  • Options
    lauriet1lauriet1 Member Posts: 87
    I've been waiting patiently for AllData to post the 2001 TSB's for my GMC 2500HD. Target posting date was March/April, 2001. That has now been revised to May/June, 2001. Hopefully they will post 2001 information before our Warranties run out. I've been advised via e-mail from AllData Customer Service that the post date for 2001 Model years is "expected to be May, 2001"
  • Options
    Are there specific ones you need? Or are you looking to see what ones are out now?
    Here is a list of the ones for the 2001 GMC C series trucks.
    #00-03-10-008 Unable to Lower Spare Tire (Install Spare Tire Cross Brace)
    #01-06-04-012 Malfunction Indicator Lamp ON with a DTC P0341, P0342, P0343 (Replace Cam Sensor)
    #01-06-02-002 Whining Noise In Passenger Compartment When Engine RPM is 1700-2300 (Remove Coolant Flow Restrictor)
    #01-06-04-020 Service Engine Soon Indicator Lamp On, DTC P1781 Set (Reprogram Engine Control Module)
    #01-01-37-008 Passenger SIde of Vehicle Colder/Warmer Than Drivers SIde (Repair HVAC Case to Cowl Seal)
    #01-07-30-002B Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) On, Transmission Stuck in Third Gear, Instrument Cluster Inoperative (Replace Ignition Switch)
    #01-07-30-021 Park/Neutral Position Switch Connector Cannot Be Removed (Replace Switch and Connectors)
    #99-01-39-004A Air Conditioning Odor (Install Kit)
    #01-06-04-034 Engine RPM Limited to 3,000 RPM and No Cruise Control (Check Wiring and NSBU Switch)
    #01-08-56-002A Security Lamp Illuminated on the IP, Engine Stalls, No Start, DTC B2960 (Security System Sensor Data Incorrect but Valid) Set (Inspect and Repair Cause of DTC B2960)
    #01-06-01-018 Engine Tick Noise at Valve Train Speed/Loss of Power (Replace Push Rod)
    #01-08-64-014 Door Manual Lock Lever Disengages from Door Trim Panel (Repair Lock Lever)
    #01-08-64-015 Front and Rear Side Access Door Noise (Replace Door Check Link)
    #01-04-17-004 Clunk, Bump or Squawk when Vehicle Comes to Complete Stop or Accelerating from Complete Stop (Replace Rear Drive Shaft Nickel-Plated Slip Yoke)
    #01-06-04-037B Fuel Transfer Pump Inoperative (Replace Fuel Transfer Module)
    #01-07-30-034 5-4 Shift Busyness (Excessive Shifting) While Using Cruise Control and Towing (Reprogram PCM)
    #01-06-04-050 Decreased Engine Performance/Power, Filter Minder Indicator On, Possible MIL Illuminated and DTC P0101/P0103 Set (Replace AIr Cleaner/Reprogram ECM)
    #01-08-66-014 Pickup Box Sheet Metal Fracture/Damage with Aftermarket Accessories Installed (Repair Pickup Box Damage and Install Pickup Box Reinforcements)
    #01-07-30-038 DTC P0757 Set, SES Lamp Illuminated, Poor Performance of Transmission, Transmission Slipping (Clean Transmission Valve Body and Case Oil Passages of Debris)
    #01-06-01-029 Higher Than Expected Engine Oil Consumption (Replace PCV Valve)
    #00-02-35-003A Clunking Noise Under Hood and can be felt in the Steering Wheel (Lubricate Intermediate Steering Shaft Assembly)
    #00-06-04-003A Rough Idle After Start and/or A Service Engine Soon (SES) Light (Unstick and Clean Central Sequential Fuel Injection (CSFI) Poppet Valves)
    #01-01-39-007 Loss of HVAC System Mode and/or Temperature Control (Reroute Wiring Harness)
    #02-06-04-002 Possible Communication Information Irregularities when using Generic Scan Tools (Reprogram PCM)
    #02-04-17-001 Launch Shudder/Vibration on Acceleration (Replace Propeller Shaft and Install New Pinion Flange/Seal)
    #01-01-39-005A Noise or Vibration in Passenger Compartment with A/C On Between 2000-2400 RPM (Replace Heater Outlet Hose)
    #02-06-01-007 Accessory Drive Belt Noise (Properly Align Power Steering Pump Pulley)
    #00-08-64-018C Rear Door Window Inoperative (Replace Affected Motor/Inspect Opposite Motor)
    #02-06-04-015 Intermittent No Crank, No Start (Clean Battery Side Terminal Stripped Threads, Replace Battery Cable Bolt)
  • Options
    That was way beyond what I expected to get for that post. Thanks so much!

I was specifically looking for #00-02-35-0031 Clunking Noise Under Hood and can be felt in the Steering Wheel. I'm feeling something of that nature in my steering, but not all the time (mostly on right hand turns at about 30 MPH).

I was actually going to get the AllData subscription for this specific TSB, but also felt it would be a good thing to have to stay informed about possible problems with my truck.

Thanks again for all the info!
  • Options
    It sounds like the widespread GM intermediate steering shaft problem. Before the TSB, they were replacing it. But, that became prohibitively expensive, since that part is so widespread across all GM divisions.
    Nowadays, they modify and lube the part. I'd get it done now, so it's under warranty. If it happens again out of warranty, you may be able to get it fixed again under warranty, then.
  • Options
    Does the lube job actually fix it or just a cover it up? Is this something that is potentially dangerous and could cause a real steering failure? I plan to stop at the dealership Friday morning first thing.
  • Options
    I haven't heard of a steering failure from this. Although, I have the same concerns as you about that, even though my '01 Impala has not manifested any of the symptoms.
    You may want to check out the Impala forum. They talk about that particular issue alot.
  • Options
    I hgighly recommend the AlldataDIY subscription. It is the factory information supplied in their set ups. But then again, I am extrmely biased as Alldata helps my site. :)

Condition
    Some customers may comment on a clunk type noise coming from under the hood that also can be felt in the steering wheel. These conditions may be more noticeable when turning at low speeds on rough road surfaces.

Correction

Important
    DO NOT REPLACE THE FOLLOWING INTERMEDIATE STEERING SHAFT P/Ns

Remove the intermediate shaft from the vehicle and lubricate the intermediate shaft with a Steering Column Intermediate Shaft Lubrication Kit, P/N 26098419.
  • Options
    That is EXACTALY the symptom in my truck. Gary, I will proceed to the impala forum to check it out and I will be getting the AllData Subscription very soon. Again, I appreciate everyone's input! Happy Easter!
  • Options
    christineao7christineao7 Member Posts: 1
    I have a '96 Saturn SL2, I bought used in '99, that leaks in the headliner, has problems with the remote & the seatbelt is broken. I have found TSBs on the first two subjects. Does this mean that the company should fix these problems for me? If so, how do I get this done?
  • Options
    If it is a recall, then they have to fix it, but service bulletins are only good if the vehicle is under warranty. Otherwise, you pay.
    The remote you should see the dealer about. The seatbelt, is a wear item.

CONDITION:
    Water leaks onto headliner, causing possible water stain on headliner.
    CAUSE:1. Sunroof front and/or rear drain hose connections loose at sunroof module.
    2. Front drain hose pinched by roof panel attachment bolts and/or rear drain hose kinked due to assembly of the grommet to the hose on vehicles built before and including VIN WZ246268.
    3. Grommets at lower end of sunroof module front drain hoses may be obstructed by debris and/or be too restrictive on vehicles built before and including VIN XZ301802.
    4. Void(s) in body seam sealer used at various locations on sunroof module.
  • Options
    I think that in some states, seat belts might be covered for a longer period than the standard warranty, in much the same way that emissions components are.
    It might be worth it to check it out.
  • Options
    petethefinnpetethefinn Member Posts: 14
    I've been having idle problems with my 2000 Dodge Neon (3 spd auto) almost since it was brand new. When idling in gear (at stoplight etc.), rpms occasionally get very low (close to 500 or so). Lately, the car also tends to stall or almost stall right after cold start when first put in gear (especially in reverse). Dealership reprogrammed the computer in september 2001 and replaced the AIC motor, but the problems persist. I now see on the ALLDATA and NHTSA web sites that there are at least two TSBs out concerning idle undershoot/rough idle, 18-017-01 and, what I guess is a revision, 18-017-01A. The latter is dated December 2001, after my last visit to the dealership, and isn't even on the ALLDATA list yet (It's on the NHTSA web site though).

Before I take the car back, I'd like to know if anyone out there has had this problem and had these TSBs performed on his/her car, or otherwise have knowledge of what they are all about? I've lost my faith in the dealership and want to able to point out to them exactly what they're supposed to do. Many thanks in advance and sorry for the longish post.
  • Options
    This is a PCM reflashing. Takes about 1/2 an hour.
    It is a warranty item, If your vehicle is under warranty.

Engine - Idle Undershoot/Rough Idle
    NUMBER: 18-017-01
    GROUP: Vehicle Performance
    DATE: Jul. 20, 2001
    SUBJECT:
    Engine Idle Undershoot/Performance
    OVERVIEW:
    This bulletin involves selectively erasing and reprogramming the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) with new software.
    MODELS:
    2000 - 2001 (PL) Neon
    SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
    Some vehicles may exhibit one or both of the following symptoms:
    ^ 2001 model year vehicles; in ambient conditions typically below 16°C. (60°F.) the engine may undershoot the normal idle speed when braking the vehicle to a stop with the clutch depressed (manual transmission equipped).
    ^ 2000 or 2001 model year vehicles; engine roughness immediately after manually switching the A/C system "Off". Normal operation returns after a wide open throttle (WOT) occurrence or after engine restart.
    DIAGNOSIS PROCEDURES:
    If Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC's) are present, record them on the repair order and repair as necessary before proceeding further with this bulletin. If the condition(s) can be duplicated or are described by the customer, perform the Repair Procedure.
    Qty............ Part #.............Description
    1...........04669020..............label,authorized software upadte
    1...........04275086..............Label,authorized modification
    Parts required
    CH6000 Scan Tool (DRBIII)
    CH7035 General Purpose Interface Bus Cable (GPIB)
    CH7000/7001 J1962 Cable
    MDS2 (Mopar Diagnostic System)
    EQUIPMENT REQUIRED:
    NOTE :THE MDS2 AND DRB III(R) ARE REQUIRED TO PERFORM PART OF THIS REPAIR, WHEN USING THE MDS2 AND THE DRB III(R), THE SYSTEM MUST BE OPERATING AT CIS CD 2085 OR HIGHER.
    REPAIR PROCEDURE:
    Reprogram the PCM using the MDS2 (Mopar Diagnostic System) and DRB III(R) (Scan Tool).
    NOTE :THE FOLLOWING STEPS ARE REQUIRED BY LAW.
    -Type the necessary information on the "Authorized Software Update Label" p/n 04669020. Attach the label to the PCM and cover the label with the clear plastic overlay.
    -Type the necessary information on the "Authorized Modification Label" p/n 04275086 and attach the label near the VECI label.
  • Options
    Great reply, very helpful! Yes, the car is under warranty. This TSB is possibly the reflash they already did at the dealership in September (it made the idle quality better but still not acceptable). Any info on what the new bulletin 18-017-01A (December 2001) is about, an update reflash perhaps?
  • Options
    Sorry, but my information system is to November 2001.
    So I don't have the new bulleting yet. I will see what I can find out though.
  • Options
    jacura3pojacura3po Member Posts: 1
    Can anyone please tell me what to do once you've found a TSB on your car? If the car/part is under warranty but not a manufacturer warranty will the dealer make repairs free of charge? I just bought a 98 acura 3.0cl from a mazda dealer, does this effect my chances of getting them to fix the issues addressed in the TSBs?
  • Options
    If the vehicle is covered under warranty, the dealer will do the repair under the provisions of the warranty.
    If the vehicle is not under warranty, then it is an out of pocket expense to you.
    If you just bought the vehicle, then you may (not always) be able to get them to cover the repair, but the likelyhood of it happening is fairly slim.
    If the dealer is a reputable dealer and concerned about his customers and you only recently purchased it, he might just cover it. But also be aware that the TSB may have been done already.
  • Options
    texasrose2texasrose2 Member Posts: 3
    Anyone have info on TSB for Rodeo Alignment? When I got the vehicle it was out of alignment and they corrected it but now its out of alignment again. Seems like I heard something about a special tool, or correction they can do to fix the problem. My Rodeo pulls to the right again. Anyway any help would be appreciated!
  • Options
    I was wondering if anyone had the contents of the following TSB's for the 2001 Acura CL:

#00-032 - Moonroof - Squeaks from Moonroof Seal
    and
    #00-023 - Moonroof - Booming Sound When open
  • Options
    texasrose2,
    Need more info, like year, make , model and engine to be able to locate nay TSB. But I looked thur the Rodeo TSBs I could find and none on alignment.

garypen,
    SYMPTOM
    A booming sound when driving between 20 mph and 40 mph with the moon roof fully open.

PROBABLE CAUSE
    The wind deflector is not dampened properly, or it is not sitting high enough. Some vehicles (above VIN 007200) may have the wrong wind deflector installed.

CORRECTIVE ACTION
    Install new foam pads for the wind deflector, or replace the wind deflector.

PARTS INFORMATION
    Foam Pad: P/N 70355-S3M-A00
    Moonroof Wind Deflector: P/N 70500-S3M-A01

Squeak From the Moonroof Seal

SYMPTOM
    The moonroof seal squeaks against the roof when the glass is closed and the sunshade is open.

CORRECTIVE ACTION
    Install Honda Squeak Reduction tape around the moonroof opening.

REQUIRED MATERIALS
    Honda Squeak Reduction Tape (One roll repairs about 12 vehicles): P/N 70200-ALL-999
  • Options
    texasrose2texasrose2 Member Posts: 3
    0patience, its a 2001 Rodeo LS 2wd. Someone said they thought there was a TSB on it. Also is there any TSB on the winter mode button? Mine has engaged when the button was not pressed. Thanks for you help its appreciated!
  • Options
    There is a TSB on the sector shaft alignment, but it was a fix when the vehicle was delivered.
    No TSBs for an alignment problem or a winter mode problem. Sorry.
  • Options
    Thanks bro.
  • Options
    thirdhondathirdhonda Member Posts: 5
    If you could provide me with any TSBs for my Honda I would be very grateful. I'm looking for any of these

Service Bulletin Number: 01081
    Component: POWER TRAIN: TRANSMISSION: STANDARD:

Service Bulletin Number: 01054
    Component: SUSPENSION:INDEPENDENT FRONT

Service Bulletin Number: 010701
    Component: FRONT CONTROL ARM:LOWER:BALL JOINT

Service Bulletin Number: 010201
    Component: SUSPENSION

Thank you very much.
  • Options
    Need a year, model and engine.
    If they are NHTSA numbers, the likelyhood of finding them is slim.
  • Options
    My car is a 2002 Honda Civic LX Sedan, Engine L4-1668cc 1.7L SOHC MFI. I'm noticing the same problems (manual transmission, suspension)that the 2001 model has, although there aren't any TSBs on those topics for the 2002s yet. The numbers I listed are "TSB Numbers". Would a 2001 TSB apply (its the same generation)? Thank you very much.
  • Options
    Sorry, but the only info I could find were for the first two and both of those specifically state they are for the 2001 models only.
    The other two, who knows. If they are relaeased, then Honda has not released them tot he aftermarket yet.
  • Options
    Thanks for looking, I appreciate it.
  • Options
    bearmerbearmer Member Posts: 37
    Would somebody tell me what TSB 99-06-03-002 says. It's called Battery Insulator Replacement. I just replaced the battery in a 1999 Chev Lumina and the old one has a foam rubber wrapper surrounding it. I didn't know whether to put it on the new one or not. That may be what this TSB is about. Why would they wrap the battery in rubber, anyway?
  • Options
    joe3891joe3891 Member Posts: 759
    Heat is a battery killer,ask anyone that lives in Arizona.
  • Options
    Battery Insulator Replacement #99-06-03-002
    Information -- Battery Insulator Replacement
    1999 and Prior Passenger Cars and Light Duty Trucks

It has been found that the battery thermal insulator, installed on many new General Motors vehicles, is not always being placed back on the vehicle's battery when the battery is removed or replaced. The installation of the insulator is essential for battery life.

When a battery insulator is specified for use on a particular vehicle, the underhood temperatures for that vehicle are high enough to be critical to battery life. Omitting the thermal insulator when installing the battery will considerably reduce the life of the battery by exposing it to higher underhood temperatures. Inspect the insulator for any damage. If the insulator is damaged or missing, replace as required.
  • Options
    bearmerbearmer Member Posts: 37
    This must be the most useful discussion group on Edmunds.
  • Options
    noobie1noobie1 Member Posts: 326
    Noo here, so patience please. With all this talk of TSB's it makes me wonder about the source. Apparently they're not accessible to everyone.

-David
  • Options
    impalay2k_mimpalay2k_m Member Posts: 10
    Can you please give me the details on the following TSBs..

1) 99-01-38-005 DEC 99 HVAC Lack of Performance

2) 01-08-111-003 DEC 01 Roof Panel Joint (Ditch) Molding - Service

3) 01-08-64-008 New Style Water Deflector; 2000-2001 Chevrolet Impala

thanks in advance!
  • Options
    01-08-64-008 New Style Water Deflector is a body repair and I don't deal with body work at all. Here are the ones I have.

HVAC Lack of Performance (Evacuate and Recharge the A/C System) #99-01-38-005
    HVAC Lack of Performance (Evacuate and Recharge the A/C System)
    1997-2000 Buick Regal
    1999 - 2000 Buick Century
    1997-2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
    2000 Chevrolet Impala
    1998-2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue
    1998-2000 Pontiac Grand Prix
    Condition
    Some customers may comment on a lack of expected performance of the air conditioning system in hot humid weather.
    Cause
    This condition may be caused by an undercharged A/C System. This may have occurred during the vehicle assembly process.
    Correction
    Service correction procedure for 1997 through 1999 vehicles
    Perform the Cooling Insufficient, A/C System Check found in the HVAC section of the appropriate Service Manual. If a condition is identified, make the appropriate repair. If no abnormal condition is identified, proceed to the next step.
    Evacuate and recharge the A/C system with 1.02 kg (2-1/4 lbs) of R134a.
    Replace the A/C evaporator label with P/N 10442041. This label will allow future service technicians to know at a glance how much refrigerant is required by the system.
    Service correction procedure for 2000 model year vehicles.
    Chevrolet Impala/Monte Carlo, SOP through VIN Y9133359.
    Buick Regal/Century, SOP through VIN Y1101894.
    Oldsmobile Intrigue, SOP through VIN YF115332
    Pontiac Grand Prix, SOP through VIN YF115332
    Perform the Cooling Insufficient, A/C System Check found in the HVAC section of the appropriate Service Manual. If a condition is identified, make the appropriate repair. If no abnormal condition is identified, proceed to the next step.
    Evacuate and recharge the A/C system with 1.02 kg (2-1/4 lbs) of R134a.
    Replace the A/C evaporator label with P/N 10442041. This label will allow future service technicians to know at a glance how much refrigerant is required by the system.
    Service procedure for 2000 model year vehicles within the following VIN breakpoints
    Chevrolet Impala/Monte Carlo, VINs Y9133360 through Y9206366.
    Buick Regal/Century, VINs Y1101895 through Y1178929.
    Oldsmobile Intrigue, VINs YF115333 through YF191330.
    Pontiac Grand Prix, VINs YF115333 through YF191329
    Important
    This group of vehicles had the correct amount of R134a installed at time of manufacture, however, the label was incorrect.
    Service procedure for 2000 model year vehicles greater than the following VINs
    Chevrolet Impala/Monte Carlo with VINs greater than Y9206366.
    Buick Regal/Century with VINs greater than Y1178929.
    Oldsmobile Intrigue with VINs greater than YF191330.
    Pontiac Grand Prix with VINs greater than YF191329.
    Important
    These vehicles were produced with the correct amount of R134a and the correct Label.
    Inspect/test the A/C system for signs of leaks both visually and with the A/C leak tester used in your service facility.
    If a leak is found, perform the recommended repair as outlined in the appropriate Service Manual for the vehicle being serviced.
    If no leaks are found, perform the Cooling Insufficient, A/C System Check found in the HVAC sub-section of the appropriate Service Manual. If a condition is identified, make the appropriate repair. If no abnormal condition is identified, the system is operating per design specifications.
    Parts Information
    Part Name Part Number
    Label, 10442041

Roof Panel Joint (Ditch) Molding - Service
    Bulletin No.: 01-08-111-003
    Date: December, 2001
    INFORMATION
    This bulletin is being issued to inform dealers that when a roof panel joint (ditch) molding is removed or becomes loose at the ends, a new molding MUST be installed. DO NOT attempt to repair loose areas or bond the molding with adhesives or other materials.
  • Options
    impalay2k_mimpalay2k_m Member Posts: 10
    Thank you for the TSB info! I truly appreciate it!
  • Options
    hoeinwahoeinwa Member Posts: 1
    I have a 98 Buick Regal GS that clunks when vehicle comes to a stop or accelerates suddenly, any ideas?
  • Options
    alcanalcan Member Posts: 2,550
    Check the engine mounts.
  • Options
    I have a brand new 2002 Dodge Neon (4 speed auto trans) and am having drivability issues (stalling, poor idle quality) that might be PCM related, since everything else seems to be all right. Therefore, I am interested in the contents of TSB 18-013-02 (PCM - Low Vehicle Performance). Can you help? Many thanks in advance.
  • Options
    Also, can you give me information on TSB 14-001-02 (Fuel Cap - Difficult To Remove)? - My car is under warranty, but I've found my dealer very difficult to deal with (there's only one dealer around here, so I can't just go to another). Therefore, I want to know what can and should be fixed before I take the car back to them. Again, many thanks in advance.
  • Options
    For 18-013-02, Download this zip file

NUMBER: 14-001-02

GROUP: Fuel

DATE: May 6, 2002

THIS BULLETIN IS BEING PROVIDED IN ADVANCE. DO NOT ORDER PARTS OR PERFORM ANY ACTIONS RELATED TO THIS BULLETIN UNTIL JUNE 3, 2002.

SUBJECT:

Fuel Cap Difficult To Remove

OVERVIEW:

This bulletin involves installing a revised fuel cap seal.

Fuel cap is difficult to remove after being tightened and not removed for one day or more. If the cap is removed immediately after tightening the condition may not be apparent.

PARTS REQUIRED

REPAIR PROCEDURE:

1. Remove the fuel cap from the filler neck.

2. Remove the rubber seal from the fuel cap.

NOTE: BE CAREFUL NOT TO SCRATCH OR OTHERWISE DAMAGE THE SEALING SURFACE OF THE FUEL CAP.

3. Clean off any residue on the filler neck and the threaded area of the fuel cap.

4. Install the revised seal, p/n 05086655AA, being sure the seal is properly seated and not twisted on the fuel cap.

5. Install the fuel cap.

• Options
    Thank you Opatience, very helpful. Unfortunately, I can't open the zip file. Could you possibly quote TSB 18-013-02 here in full or, if it's too long for that, at least give me some idea of its contents? Also, does the TSB in any way specify whether it applies to export models (usually rebadged as "Chrysler" Neons) or not?
  • Options
    TSB 18-013-02

Do you not have a zip extractor? I tried 3 different zip extractors and had no problem opening it.

• Options
    Yes, I do have a zip extractor but somehow it didn't work. Probably some computer glitch at my end. Anyway, once again many thanks for helping me out and especially for the new link.