Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

15,000-Mile Service - 2014 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited December 2014 in Nissan
image15,000-Mile Service - 2014 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Long-Term Road Test

We took our 2014 Nissan Rogue in for its 15,000-mile service. So far this vehicle has been pretty trouble-free.

Read the full story here

Comments

• s197gts197gt Member Posts: 486
    free donuts?! i'm there. reminds me of the ford dealer i bought my mustang from. free otis spunkmeyer cookies, popcorn, and a movie room. except that there were 5 employees waiting for the cookies to finish baking... thankfully there were some leftover after they helped themselves first before the paying customer. dealership went out of business...
  • kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863
    $53 is much more reasonable for an oil change/tire rotation. Your manual calls for a cabin air filter change at 15k? I'm kinda surprised. The MM told us to replace both air filter and cabin filter at 30k on our Pilot. Luckily, it was super easy to replace behind the glovebox. Earlier models were really difficult to get access to it.
  • fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    The service adviser should know it needs to be done...and he's ignoring an opportunity for his service dept. to make money on a legit periodic maintenance item.

He should have asked you if you had 10 minutes and offered to do it right then...just watched a video and it's maybe a 10 minute job.
  • diigiidiigii Member Posts: 156
    $53 gets you what oil? Conventional or synthetic? Here in Canada, Costco is charging $50 for synthetic oil.
  • diigiidiigii Member Posts: 156
    Nissan service recommendations says every 7,500 miles. Why do you guys take it in every 5,000 miles?
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    I was doing the 7,500 mile interval on my '99 Nissan with "conventional" oil - too bad the interval is still so low. Should be at least 10k.