Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Rough idle 2015 Honda CR-V EX

fnamowiczfnamowicz Member Posts: 196
edited January 2015 in Honda
Has anybody noticed the rough idle and vibrations that can be felt thru out the whole car, steering wheel, doors etc.
My 5yr. old trade in was much smoother was told that this is normal for the 2015 CRV.

Comments

• chea89chea89 Member Posts: 57
    Yes, I feel it also on my 2015 CRV-feels to me like a rough idle. Otherwise the car is smooth and comfortable--no roughness or vibration when driving.
  • fnamowiczfnamowicz Member Posts: 196
    The front seat passenger will feel it the most especially if he touches the door. This is totally unacceptable for Honda ii 2015.
  • daveglickdaveglick Member Posts: 2
    I just purchased a 2015 Honda CR-V EX-L. Yes it does vibrate at idle, in Drive with your foot on the brake when the idle drops from about 600 RPM to 525 RPM. I took it back to the dealer and a mechanic did a full inspection. He noted no defects with car. "Some vibration due to harmonics". Honda not acknowledging this problem yet. They will. Otherwise a solid car mechanically. Drove it to the ski resort and it handled like a champ! Not impressed with iPhone incompatibility through the apps available on the App Store. Bought car due to safety features and hands free texting through interface. It is GREYED OUT with iPhone 5. Dealer said the phone is incompatible. UNSAT.
  • apple_gapple_g Member Posts: 7
    daveglick said:
    I just purchased a 2015 Honda CR-V EX-L. Yes it does vibrate at idle, in Drive with your foot on the brake when the idle drops from about 600 RPM to 525 RPM. I took it back to the dealer and a mechanic did a full inspection. He noted no defects with car. "Some vibration due to harmonics". Honda not acknowledging this problem yet. They will. Otherwise a solid car mechanically. Drove it to the ski resort and it handled like a champ! Not impressed with iPhone incompatibility through the apps available on the App Store. Bought car due to safety features and hands free texting through interface. It is GREYED OUT with iPhone 5. Dealer said the phone is incompatible. UNSAT.
    That is odd. My iPhone 5 and 6 plus work perfectly with the HDMI port. I have the HondaLink nav app for $60 and get nav on the screen with my EX-L. You have to have USB power going to the iPhone HDMI cable for it to work though. Another thing, the new CR-V has Siri eyes free so you can hold the voice command button for a couple of seconds to activate it. This way you can have your messages/ emails read to you and you can reply to them via voice. Hope this helps. 
  • jay286jay286 Member Posts: 1
    Waiting at the Canadian border for 40 minutes with my foot on the brake -- clearly revealed the rough idle problem on my new 2015 Honda CR-V EX (AWD). Strong vibration...I plan to take it back for check up.
  • etletl Member Posts: 2
    I also feel strong vibration at low idle on my 2014 CR-V. Does anyone know if Honda has come up with a fix yet?
  • agelfandagelfand Member Posts: 1
    My wife and I purchased a 2015 Honda CRV EX about two months ago. Since she is the main driver of that vehicle, she has also noticed the same situation with the extreme vibration. We took it into the dealer and one of the service writers said the issue is related to the new CVT Transmission. But in any case, we both think this issue is pretty bad.

One more issue we are both concerned about is the lack of a protective cover on the underside of the engine compartment. Recently we were refilling the windshield washer fluid and noticed how dirty the engine appeared. When we looked down, we noticed that the engine has no protection from underneath to keep it from winter road slush, road salt and all the other stuff which cars in the northeast and Midwest get every winter. When I called customer service at Honda USA, there response was to ?take note" of our concerns. Without such protection it seems to me that Honda has assured that the engine components will rust and corrode more quickly than might normally be the case due to the completely unprotected engine compartment. If we had it to do all over again, not certain we would have purchased this vehicle.
  • g_friebergg_frieberg Member Posts: 28
    I also posted this on the Vibration Thread here. OK. I've put on a few hundred miles on my 2015 CRV now. Here is what I am experiencing with the vibration: 1) concur that it is most evident, at idle, with foot on brake (mine appears to idle around maybe 700 rpm); 2) vibes decrease somewhat when I have my headlights ON and running lights ON (I generally do this anyway, a habit from my motorcycle "safety consciousness"); 3) if I slip the tranny into N while at a stop, with foot on brake, the vibes pretty much go away. (This is probably the best solution for those who spend a lot of time at stoplights, who are also less tolerant of the vibes). I think the vibe demon is NOT the tranny, but the ENGINE shaking in its mounts. Why do I think this ? Because when I have another person sit in the drivers seat, with engine running, and foot on the brake, the engine is shaking in its very heavy rubber engine mounts, whether in D or in N. That tells me much of this is coming from the engine. I see nothing HONDA could do to minimize this short of 1) some sort of computerized engine mounts to CANCEL vibes, or...to use a different engine.
    For me much of this is moot; I will be spending most of my time on the highway with this car anyway, where the vibes are no worse than my Ford Ranger or Nissan Murano. If you cannot tolerate some vibration, I'd advise going with a smoother engine (of the Toyota, Honda, Subaru and Ford SUV's in this size range, the Subaru flat six is the smoothest I have driven, while the Ford was probably a close 2nd place). I took a chance on this Honda as 1) the ride and comfort on the RAV4 was a far second place from CRV (punishing ride in the RAV4), and there is no Subaru dealer close to me (a deal breaker...but the flat six engine upgrade in the Subaru is a delight ! Smooth as silk ! The CRV was my second choice to Subaru here in Ohio.
    -Frieberg
  • purple43purple43 Member Posts: 10
    apple_g said:

daveglick said:

That is odd. My iPhone 5 and 6 plus work perfectly with the HDMI port. I have the HondaLink nav app for $60 and get nav on the screen with my EX-L. You have to have USB power going to the iPhone HDMI cable for it to work though. Another thing, the new CR-V has Siri eyes free so you can hold the voice command button for a couple of seconds to activate it. This way you can have your messages/ emails read to you and you can reply to them via voice. Hope this helps. 

Honda released a YouTube video on April 7 acknowledging the vibration issue. It says they are analyzing data and will provide info later

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s-Nn9PbofY