Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Ford Mustang Off to Fast Start at Dealerships | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited December 2014 in Ford
image2015 Ford Mustang Off to Fast Start at Dealerships | Edmunds.com

The redesigned 2015 Ford Mustang is turning in some impressive numbers, Ford told Edmunds.

Read the full story here

Comments

• subatomicsubatomic Member Posts: 140
    The new 2015 Mustang is flying off the dealership lots. Here's to all the critics who expressed dislike for the new styling. The new Mustang looks more like a world-class sports car and less like an old-school muscle car. I think Ford did a good job designing a car that will not need to make excuses when it becomes available and competes overseas.
  • mittzombiemittzombie Member Posts: 162
    edited December 2014
    The back seat is tiny now though, not enough headroom to put an adult back there. My sister has owned 6 Mustangs but can't buy the new one since she carpools to work with 2 friends that live close to her. Of course she still needs them to drive when it snows.
  • mauricio4mauricio4 Member Posts: 1
    The driver usually makes the car payments so I say screw the backseat riders. Lol And if that is the worst part about the new Mustang then I have NO complaints.
  • mittzombiemittzombie Member Posts: 162
    edited December 2014
    mauricio4 said:

The driver usually makes the car payments so I say screw the backseat riders. Lol And if that is the worst part about the new Mustang then I have NO complaints.

It is not just cramped, even short people have their head bang against the glass..

It is also heavier than the last Mustang....not as big of a deal as it being a 2+2 now.
  • bradskybbradskyb Member Posts: 1
    I said it earlier on another site. The 2015 Mustang, now that it's basically a Camaro with better visibility, even though it's heavier and has worse straight line performance, will outsell the previous generation Mustang AND the Camaro. Turns out I was right. People care about two things when they buy a sports car; big numbers and styling. They've got the big 435hp number (which is debatable whether it's better than the previous gen 5.0) and they've got the styling cues that people seem to like. I like the styling personally, but I wish they had made this thing more like the BRZ than the Camaro. It would have made GM look silly performance-wise in the pony car wars. But alas, cars that are legitimately fast don't sell well unless they have brand names like Ferrari and Porsche and cost more than your house (then "selling well" can mean relatively few units). Cars that look nice and feel comfortable, however, sell like hot cakes, as is evidenced by this move from Ford. I can at least give them credit for making a profitable vehicle. Hopefully they use all of that aluminum they're putting into the new F150 and make the GT350 a Corvette killer. I love that they're going with a 5.2 flat plane crank V8 BTW.
  • tmorsontmorson Member Posts: 1
    Not impressed with the car at all. I've owned 4 and I don't see myself buying another one any time soon. Ford I think blew this one.
  • indio7777indio7777 Member Posts: 2
    Well, tmorson - I'm a new Ford buyer - So I guess they're making up the difference and bringing a lot of new purchasers into the Ford fold (former and current Toyota lover here). The next 3 years will determine if they hold on to me.