Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Nissan Murano Prices Paid and Buying Experience

steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
edited April 2015 in Nissan

For current leasing information, go to 2015 Nissan Murano Lease Questions

For current Pricing information, go to 2015 Nissan Murano Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Welcome to Edmunds discussion dedicated to 2014 Nissan Murano purchase experiences. If you have recently purchased a 2014 Murano, please share your experience here.

If you have leasing questions, please visit the 2014 Nissan Murano Lease Questions discussion.

You can also research local dealer inventory and get pricing, reviews, features, and specifications on our 2014 Nissan Murano page.

To see all forums discussions about the Nissan Murano, including earlier model years, please visit our list of Nissan Murano discussions.

Navigation tips: To see the most recent information and activity, make sure to visit the latest post, which may be a few pages ahead. Click the pages numbers just below to go to a new page in the discussion -- or search the entire discussion by clicking the magnifying glass icon and entering keywords.

We also invite you to share your purchase experience on Edmunds Facebook page, Share Your Story.

Comments

• whitallwhitall Member Posts: 190

I have a 2014 Nissan Murano that we purchased near Thanksgiving. It has 1800 miles as of today.
    I HATE having a black car. I am hoping I can trade it in and get the same car in a different color without taking much of a hit. I would consider a demo if it made it even.

Murano SL AWD with leather and Nav. I had them install remote start as well. Car is still perfect but it is always dirty (winter) and even before the snow it showed every smudge. I am in South Jersey. Any ideas on trade-in value or what a dealer might be able to do for me?

I think the rebates when I got it were better than they are now. I want a silver or blue but would even take white. I don't know if black is more desirable as far as the dealership goes and whether that would help me. We financed only 10k and we can pay it off early, so that's not really an issue.

I'm going to post this in the the 2013 prices and trade-in value forums also and see if anybody
    has any helpful ideas. Thanks.

• carstwocarstwo Member Posts: 6
    Anyone bought a murano recently? What's the break down of the cost? With the $3500 dealer incentive, is $27000 a decent buy for a murano sv AWD incl cross bars, flr mats, and destination fees? Thx
  • joeforjobjoeforjob Member Posts: 37

What is the model and the option you are talking for this price? Thanks.

• carstwocarstwo Member Posts: 6
    a murano sv AWD incl cross bars, flr mats, and destination fees
  • hz1905hz1905 Member Posts: 6
    Is 35000 OTD price too much for 2014 murano AWD + platinum edition? Please respond ASAP. I do need your wisdom. Thanks
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited October 2014
    TMV for the LE AWD with the Platinum Edition option in my zip code is $40,068. So $35,000 including taxes and fees (the usual definition of OTD) sounds like a terrific deal.

Even without taxes and fees, it sounds like a great price.
    Right, Nissan is taking a 8000 discount now. I am undecided about whether to buy 2014 fully loaded Nissan Murano at the OTD price of 35000 or 2015 Acura RDX AWD w/t tech at the OTD price of 40997. Any suggestion?
    Go with your gut.

Driving a new car isn't always about getting the very best deal, although some of us do get a lot of satisfaction leaving $5,000 in our bank account instead of tooling around town in the latest and greatest.
    thanks. is it fair to say that Acura RDX is a better and more reliable SUV than Murano? I checked online, finding that a lot of complaints about Murano's engine, oil leak, ... (more than Acura RDX). But, seriously, a fully loaded 2014 murano LE with platinum edition is really attractive.
    edited October 2014
    I'm a Nissan fan, having recently gotten rid of a '99 Quest that ran pretty well for 14 out of it's 15 years (I kept it one year too long, lol). But the Muranos do seem to have a few problems - I noticed the CVT complaints mostly. Nissan seemed to have the worst CVT, at least in the early days.

But forum posts don't necessarily mean that a model really does have more problems than average. You need to look at Consumer Reports too, and JD Power and True Delta and all the rest. Even with cars that have bad reputations, you're still probably only talking about 2 or 3% of the owners who have trouble. So your odds of getting a lemon are pretty low.

Here's another metric to make you lose sleep tonight - we say the Murano will cost less in maintenance and repair over the next five years than the RDX. :D

True Cost to Own® (TCO®)
  • fabricfabric Member Posts: 22
    I just purchased a brand new Nissan Murano--SV with carpets & ill. plates last night. $27,250 OTD. (OTD price is included So. California 9% tax & doc. fees)
    End of the year and new model is coming out. So huge discount. Good Luck everyone.
  • joeforjobjoeforjob Member Posts: 37
    Hi, Is yours a AWD or FWD? Does it come with Value Package? Thanks.
  • michmorg214michmorg214 Member Posts: 8
    Not sure if in receiving a good lease deal on 2014 Murano AWD SV. Sales price $27,642. 39 month lease. Zero out of pocket monthly payment $398. If I pay fees monthly payment is $359. Fees are tax $981, acquisition $595, document $449, and DMV fee $298. My zip code is 07109. Thanks 
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,012

Not sure if in receiving a good lease deal on 2014 Murano AWD SV. Sales price $27,642. 39 month lease. Zero out of pocket monthly payment $398. If I pay fees monthly payment is $359. Fees are tax $981, acquisition $595, document $449, and DMV fee $298. My zip code is 07109. Thanks 

What is the MSRP?

The fees represent about $60/mo on your payment; not sure why you'd only be saving $40 based on the dealer quote.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

edited April 2015
    Good point, didn't even notice the $20 difference. Thanks. 
    MSRP is $34,240
    Residual $17,462
    lool like a good deal ?

Good point, didn't even notice the $20 difference. Thanks. 
    MSRP is $34,240
    Residual $17,462
    lool like a good deal ? 

Hmmm. MF is .00026 and residual is 51%. With the MSRP and selling price you've provided, I'm getting a pre-tax payment of $294.49/mo. If you add the fees, then add the $60 as discussed earlier.

What state is this? I know there will be sales tax, just want to know how it's factored into the deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Wow. That's a huge difference. I'm in NJ. Thanks for your help 

Wow. That's a huge difference. I'm in NJ. Thanks for your help 

NJ taxes the lease up front - you can choose to roll them into the lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    For current leasing information, go to 2015 Nissan Murano Lease Questions

For current Pricing information, go to 2015 Nissan Murano Prices Paid and Buying Experience