Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Technical Service Bulletins

Comments

• 0patience0patience Member Posts: 1,712
    Your vehicle is definitely under warranty, so why are you looking for the TSB?
    Are you having a problem with the transmission?
    That TSB is a new release and even some of the dealers don't have it yet.
  • joe3891joe3891 Member Posts: 759
    Yes its under warranty but I like to keep track of what's going on with my car, kind of like a hobby. I had a growl from the trans at certain speeds and the chain and sprockets were install this week per the TSB. Alcan was kind enough to send me the repair procedure so I would know how it was done.
  • alcanalcan Member Posts: 2,550
    Joe, did the chain and sprockets cure the noise?
    Yes Al it did the job, but it took 5 days partly because of waiting for parts, they waited until the transmission was completed before doing the other work I had listed. Goes like a new car now lol. Thanks again its nice to be able to get the info since GM took the SI access from me, now I will have to pay.
    Glad to hear that.
    Sorry if I came off wrong. I like to know why folks are looking for certain TSBs, as sometimes the one they think they need, isn't. But other ones may be.

Plus, ones like that can be a bugger to come up with.
    No problem, I get curious myself.
  • wwhite2wwhite2 Member Posts: 535
    I have an 04 Dodge Ram 2500 reg cab Hemi 4;10 rear axle . I have a constant vibration in wheel after 60 MPH since new . I have had the tire/wheel assemblies Hunter Roadforced with the result of BFG replacing one tire . All wheel/ tire assemblies are within spec . Does Dodge show any other reason for the vibration ? Thanks Bill
    wwhite2,
    This is the only one I could find remotely related to your problem.
  • petethefinnpetethefinn Member Posts: 14
    Hello,

I wonder if you can help me get Chrysler TSB 19-002-04 (clicking noise in steering column)? The column in my 2002 Dodge Neon was already replaced in February under warranty because of this problem. That seemed to help for a while, but now the new column is starting to click too - and I'm out of warranty. It seems that the TSB was issued in April. I'd very much like to know what the problem is really about, and if it is safety related. Many thanks in advance.
    GM warranty replacement parts for 1 yr, check with Chrysler and find out what there policy is.
  • needsahemineedsahemi Member Posts: 18
    Would anyone know TSB's for Toyota? I have a 1999 Toyota Corolla that has a squeaky front end when I turn in the driveway or go over bumps. Im thinking ball joints but Toyota has 2 TSB's for this and im not sure what it is. TSB # PG027-02 refers to some ball joint problem?, and TSB # ST006-01 refers to suspension sqeaking.Help!
    any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
    PG027-02 is an informational TSB that only outlines the inspection procedures for ball joints.

STEERING
    S0006-01
    December 21, 2001
    Title:
    STEERING RACK END NOISE
    Models:
    '98- '99 Corolla
    TSB Update Notice :The information contained in this TSB updates ST001-00 dated January 28, 2000. Revised text is shown with asterisks and underlined.
    Introduction
    Some 1998 - 1999 model year Corolla vehicles may experience a squeaking noise from the front suspension. To improve this condition, production parts have been changed.
    Power steering rack end sub-assembly.
    Part numbers can be obtained from your dealer.
  • needsahemineedsahemi Member Posts: 18
    0patience thank you very much for your help it is greatly appreciated! Hopefully i can get this corrected
    Any idea of the Chrysler TSB 19-002-04 I mentioned in #363? Thanks again.
    TSB.
    It is in a pdf file and some versions may not open it. If it comes up blank, let me know.
    The PDF file worked fine for me. Once more, many thanks.
  • bcb1bcb1 Member Posts: 149
    My 2000 Yukon has had the clunking/rattling in the front end almost since it was brand new. It has 90K miles now; so it's out of warranty.

Dealer confirmed that it needs the intermediate steering shaft. Is there such a thing as a "silent recall" on this repair? Any chance a letter to GMC customer service would help me?

If there is no special "silent recall" deal on this; I guess I'll order the part myself and have my local independant shop do the fix.
  • bcb1bcb1 Member Posts: 149
    Now that I've done a bit of browsing and research; it seems like the intermediate steering shaft problem is rather widely known on other GM vehicles as well. There seems to be a "steering shaft grease kit". Should I give this a shot? Or just have an independant shop grease the steering shaft?

Is the steering shaft grease job the kind of repair that most independant shops would be familiar with; or is it a GM dealer type job?
  • alcanalcan Member Posts: 2,550
    It's a DIY job if you're handy.
  • navyacnavyac Member Posts: 3
    I have a 97 Honda Civic DX hatchback with 95000 miles on it. I saw a TSB concerning a window coming out of the track and causing a buffeting that I have experienced for the last couple of months. Just looking for some information on the problem including how to fix it. I would appreciate any help you could provide for me. Thank you
    Understand that this only affects certain 97 VIN numbers and may not affect your vehicle.

Any repairs on the TSB would be subject to your cost and not under warranty.

97-021

March 28, 2000

Applies To:

1996-00 Civic 2-door with certain VINs

Front Windows Bind or Have Come Out of the Run Channel

(Supersedes 97-021, dated February 22, 2000)

SYMPTOM

One or both of the front windows are binding or have come out of the window run channel.

PROBABLE CAUSE

1996 and 1997 models thru the affected VINS:

Faulty window regulator, and the glass run channel is not seated correctly in the window channels.

1997 models after the affected VINs, all 1998-99 models, and 2000 models thru the affected VINs:

The glass run channel is not seated correctly in the window channels.

Replace the window regulator(s), and reinstall the glass run channel.

Reinstall the glass run channel on the vehicles shown.

CORRECTIVE ACTION

1996 and 1997 models thru the affected VINs:

Replace the window regulator, and reinstall the glass run channel. Replace the glass run channel if it is damaged.

1997 models after the affected VINs, all 1998-99 models, and 2000 models thru the affected VINs:

Reinstall the glass run channel. Replace the glass run channel if it is damaged.
  • 1racefan1racefan Member Posts: 932
    Hi,

I am taking my 2003 Outlander (AWD) in for service Monday. It has a strange vibration (noise) that seems to be coming from the exhaust while accelerating. I have inspected the exhauset myself, and do not see anything that is loose. The Edmunds site shows a TSB 03-15-002 for this particular vehicle, that is labled as "Strnage exhaust noise under acceleration". I was wondering if anyone had any info on this TSB (cause, corrective action, etc...), so I will be a little better armed when I take it in on Monday. Thanks
  • markswalk1markswalk1 Member Posts: 4
    Trying to install a Transpo Voltage Regulator in a 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited (see below). I am using some very basic instructions found on the mfg. website so being a mechanic for a living I hoped once I got started I would be able to walk through the installation. Wrong! I now have the Jeep down again for the third time in a week and no clue what to do. Any suggestions?

earlier message:

After replacing the alternator and a fairly new battery Jeep still had the same problem of not charging. An auto electric shop diagnosed the pcm as the problem and the price for one is quite expensive. As a fix he suggested we could install an external voltage regulator but he would not provide any help to how I would install it. The voltage regulator is a Transpo 2 plug electronic type. I have read my Hanes book but it was of no help. Any help, suggestions or opinions would be greatly appreciated.
  • olejoolejo Member Posts: 2
    The Edmund Maintenance Guide lists Bulletin 3001 concerning axle/differential service intervals for my 2004 GMC Yukon.
    As stated in the summary, owner's and service manuals for my vehicle (and similar) do not show or refer to axle/differential service intervals. GM does not usually number service bulletins that way and I've been unable to find any reliable information. Hopefully, someone can help.
    I checked through GM's TSBs from their information system and no bulletin with that number.
    Here is what I got when I used the search on GM's information system.
    Sorry, No documents matched the number: 3001

Here is all I came up with on the maintenance schedule from GM's information.......
    Add fluid as needed. A fluid loss could indicate a problem; repair as needed. Check vent hose at transfer case for kinks and proper installation.

DIFFERENTIAL FLUID
    FRONT AXLE (FOUR-WHEEL DRIVE)
    SAE 80W-90 Axle Lubricant (GM Part No. U.S. 1052271, in Canada 10950849).
    FRONT AXLE (ALL-WHEEL DRIVE)
    SAE 75W-90 Synthetic Axle Lubricant (GM Part No. U.S. 12378261, in Canada 10953455) meeting GM Specification 9986115.
    REAR AXLE
    SAE 75W-90 Synthetic Axle Lubricant (GM Part No. U.S. 12378261, in Canada 10953455) meeting GM Specification 9986115.
    REAR AXLE (STEERABLE)
    Synthetic Axle Lubricant; use only GM Part No. U.S. 12378557, in Canada 88901362.Do not add friction modifier.

DRIVE AXLE FLUID CAPACITIES
    Front Drive Axle (8.25") 1.40 liters (1.48 quarts)
    Front Drive Axle (9.25") 1.53 liters (1.62 quarts)
    Rear Drive Axle (8.6") 2.03 liters (2.15 quarts)
    Rear Drive Axle (9.5") 2.6 liters (2.75 quarts)
    Rear Drive Axle (10.5") 2.6 liters (2.75 quarts)
    Rear Drive Axle (11.5") 3.62 liters (3.83 quarts)
    NOTE: ALL capacity specifications are approximate. When replacing or adding fluids, fill to the recommended level and recheck fluid level.
  • olejoolejo Member Posts: 2
    Thanks, Opatience, for checking. Reason for question was my dealer is giving misinfo about changing out break-in fluid and frequent changes thereafter.
    Ask your dealer for the GM document number for the information.
    If they can provide the GM document number, I can get the info.
  • damddamd Member Posts: 2
    Hello,
    Does anyone has a copy of TSB (40I) for 2004 Toyota Sienna regarding radiator leak? Thanks.
    04 Malibu, would like to see a read out of the head rest TSB. :)
    Sorry, couldn't find that one. Where did you get the number?
    TSB Number: 05-08-50-002
    Title: Interior - Seat Headrests Uncomfortable
    Replace the headrest.
    There are 4 part numbers, depending on whether your's is leather or cloth.
    Vehicles under warranty, use labor operation C6690.

If your vehicle is under warranty, see your dealer.
    Thanks, any serial #'s in that TSB. :)
  • future1future1 Member Posts: 103
    I've been told by the host in another Edmunds forum that I can ask here someone to look up a TSB for me. The one that I am interested in is for the 2005 Lexus ES330, and it's reportedly a very recent TSB that came out just a few days ago. It addresses the transmission lag (in upshifting and dowshifting) in Lexus ES330.

Any help in location the information relevant to this TSB is greatly appreciated.
    2004-2005 Malibu, Malibu Maxx
    Build Prior To VIN Breakpoint 5F112989
    Part Number Description
    10375552 Restraint Asm - P & D/Seat HD (Leather Gray)
    10375553 Restraint Asm - P & D/Seat HD (Leather Neutral)
    10375555 Restraint Asm - P & D/Seat HD (Cloth Gray)
    10375556 Restraint Asm - P & D/Seat HD (Cloth Neutral)
    You're joking, right? :surprise:
    A TSB that has just been released a few days ago and you are asking for it?

Not surprising, I couldn't find any TSB for transmission lag. The latest TSB I find for the Lexus was released April 1, 2005. But it wasn't for the transmission.

Do you have a TSB number?
    Thanks again, great information. :)
  • jf02fwdjf02fwd Member Posts: 7
    I'm curious to know what the April 1 Lexus TSB is for. Is it for the 330?
    I was wrong, their post ddate was April1, 2005, but their issue dates were October.
    Mostly informational TSBs.

Title:
    MAIN BEARING JOURNAL DIAMETER
    STAMPING LOCATION REVISION
    Models
    '04 - '05 ES 330 & RX 330

Title:
    ENTERING VIN DURING ECM (PCM)
    REPLACEMENT AND/OR DTC P0630
    Models:
    All '05 Models

March 15, 2005 is the newset TSB I can find.
    These TSBs were released in March for all Lexus.
    04-05 ES330 Engine Controls - MIL ON and or DTC P0346 Set
    98-05 LX470 Exhaust System - Tailpipe Joint Clamp Installation
    04-05 RX330 Fuel System - Underhood Ticking Noise at Idle
    01-03 RX300 Fuel System - Ticking Noise From Engine Compartment
    04-05 ES330 Computers and or Controls - CAN Interface Module Initialization
  • jf02fwdjf02fwd Member Posts: 7
    Thanks for the details. This is helpful.
    from the lexus forum: a fellow who had this "April 1st" TSB done refers to it as " tsb for trans op code eg5017/830991 reprogramming trans ecu/ 531 W"

So I am still confused: is there a new TSB for the transmission fix in 2005 Lexus ES330 or not?
  • john44john44 Member Posts: 2
    looking for a copy of TSB 000842007B 8/04 for water intrusion of tail lights in 1998 Malibu
    Now remember, this is NOT a recall and if you have someone do the repair, it will be on your dime, unless you have an extended warranty and it is still in force.

Lighting - Stop/Tail Lamps Inoperative/Water Inside
    Bulletin No.: 00-08-42-007C
    Date: August 24, 2004
    TECHNICAL
    Subject:
    Stop/Tail Lamp(s) Inoperative or Intermittent and/or Water in Lamp (Replace Circuit Board/Gasket and/or Lamp Assembly)
    Models:
    1997-2003 Chevrolet Malibu
    2004-2005 Chevrolet Classic
    1999-2005 Pontiac Grand Am
    Supercede:
    This bulletin is being revised to add the 2005 model year. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 00-08-42-007B (Section 08 - Body and Accessories).
    Condition
    Some customers may comment that a stop and/or tail lamp may not work correctly, or that the tail lamp has water in it.
    Cause
    This condition may be caused by the circuit board and/or gasket.
    Correction
    Remove the lamp assembly from the vehicle. Use the information below to diagnose and repair the lamp assembly.
    1. If the base of the stop/tail lamp bulb is distorted, replace only the circuit board and gasket, as well as the bulb.
    2. If the lamp leaks (has water in it, as opposed to condensation) but the reflective surfaces inside the lamp are not discolored, replace the circuit board and gasket.
    3. Replace the lamp assembly only if the following condition(s) exist:
    ^ The lamp is discolored internally.
    ^ The lens is cracked.
    ^ A locking tab is broken.
    ^ The reflective surface is discolored.
    4. After replacing the circuit board, ensure that all locking tabs are securely fastened to the circuit board.
    Parts
    Part number Model Description
    9441839 Malibu & Grand Am Bulb (3057)
    22622414 Malibu Board, Tail Lamp Circuit (Right)
    22622415 Malibu Board, Tail Lamp Circuit (Left)
    Looks like there is a new fix for 2005 Lexus ES330. Quote from Pittsburgh Post-Gazette (dated Tuesday, April 12, 2005):

Toyota has announced computer software upgrades that it says should help eliminate hesitation problems in five-speed automatic transmissions in 2002 to 2005 models, a company spokesman said. The upgrades produce "incremental improvement in shift quality," spokesman Wade Hoyt said. The problem may still exist for some owners, and the company continues to work on other fixes, he added.
    Do you have a bulletin number?
    If you had the number, I might be able to come up with something.

But really, if it is a 2005, it is under warranty and since the newspaper has it in it, then the dealer should have the bulletin.
    The dealer here couldn't find anything.
    0patience,

Here is what I found after much of digging: April 1st Lexus transmission TSB. Looks like it is a recent update to the TSB issued in August 2003. Since the update refers to the 2005 Lexus ES330 model as applicable, I'll have it done.
  • kreativkreativ Member Posts: 299
    0patience -

Are you able to get the PDF file or fulltext for the following TSB?

2002 Lexus ES300

Bulletin Number: 00104
    Bulletin Date: JAN 2004
    Summary: A RATTLE OR TICK NOISE FROM THE BASE OF THE WINDSHIELD. THE COWL COVER (LOUVER SUB-ASSEMBLY) HAS BEEN MODIFIED TO IMPROVE THIS CONDITION. *TT
    NV001-04
    It will be there for a week, then it will be removed to make room for new stuff.
  • kreativkreativ Member Posts: 299
    Thank you for the NV001-04 TSB! You can remove it to make room as soon as necessary.

Could I bother you with a few more noise/rattle-related TSBs?

2002 Lexus ES300
    Bulletin Number: 00403
    Bulletin Date: APR 2003
    CREAK NOISE AT TOP OF WINDSHIELD AND/OR BACK WINDOW GLASS.

Bulletin Number: 00404
    Bulletin Date: MAY 2004
    REAR DOOR TRIM PANEL LOWER SEAL RATTLE

Bulletin Number: 00302
    Bulletin Date: NOV 2002
    REAR INTERIOR DOOR TRIM PANEL RATTLE

Bulletin Number: NV01001
    Bulletin Date: DEC 2001
    INFORMATION ON REDUCING POTENTIAL SQUEAK AND RATTLE NOSES FROM THE INTERIOR OF THE VEHICLE
  • caroecaroe Member Posts: 2
    Hi, Are there any TSB regarding trouble with transmission, particularly gears not locking, our cars gear shift floats from reverse, neutral, drive, and low without pushing the button in. You can bump it accidentally and it floats out of gear. This all started with a whine and chatter like noise. After the dealer worked on the transmission is when the gears started slipping. Chrysler stated in November 2004 that they "were aware of the problem but did not have a fix for it at this time". If any one as same or similar problem please let us know. Two weeks ago our car came out of gear and rolled down a steep hill and down an embankment, but according to Chrysler there is nothing wrong with my car!!!

Thank you
    Caroe
    I can't post all of those.
    click on my name and you will find my email there and I may be able to help you with some of them.