Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

1997 Mazda MX-5 Miata Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited November 2014 in Mazda
image1997 Mazda MX-5 Miata Long-Term Road Test

How to use the cup holders in our 1997 Mazda MX-5 Miata

Read the full story here

Comments

• greenponygreenpony Member Posts: 531
    "Like Millenials, they lack depth and the ability to hold on to anything for long periods of time." It's funny because it's true.
  • bc1960bc1960 Member Posts: 171
    Should it be a surprise that cupholders designed 25 years ago don't accommodate modern cup sizes? When the Miata was introduced that coffee shop had 55 stores and served in "Short" (8 oz) and "Tall" (12 oz) cups.
  • mechengftwmechengftw Member Posts: 3
    How is the new engine?? Post about it soon please?
  • hybrishybris Member Posts: 365
    We need engine write ups and dyno testing!
  • noburgersnoburgers Member Posts: 500
    so let's see--in nearly 6 months we learned about the cup holders, and a couple of mileage updates, and you drove about 1,000 miles. Can we find out about the new engine, or anything important? This is a project car, after all.
  • daharbindaharbin Member Posts: 7
    Ok, here's my question -- how come no one is driving the Miata? Seats too racing-oriented and specialized? The fact that it isn't a convertible anymore? Love to hear more about the car at some point....
  • kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863
    Yeah, so THIS is the latest update? I guess it's time to let this old girl go. I own a 2000 Miata LS and would love to hear more daily updates, but in the past year there has been almost no activity here. You guys have literally put 1,000 miles on it in the last year. Sell her to someone who will love her.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited December 2014

Sell her to someone who will love her.

That's another issue. I know of at least two employees who want to buy it off the company. B)
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    No one over 6 feet I hope. I would have had one of these long ago if I could hack the seat back about 4 inches minimum. I would need a removable steer wheel to get in and out of it.

To be fair to Miata, the MR2 roadster and early Boxster roadster are no better for tall people.

• carfanatic63carfanatic63 Member Posts: 1
    When is the next update on this car? I can't be the only one more interested in this than all the new cars. This is more realistic to me and I can relate more since I drive primarily cheap fun cars.
  • sdasda Member Posts: 6,985
    edited February 2015

When is the next update on this car? I can't be the only one more interested in this than all the new cars. This is more realistic to me and I can relate more since I drive primarily cheap fun cars.

I am with you and enjoyed following how it was being driven. I had a 92 as a weekend car some years ago and had fun with it. Brings back good memories.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863
    Are you even starting this old girl (if not, battery is probably dead)? Changing her oil? Its been almost a year now. Just get rid of her if you're not going to drive her at all.
  • makabemakabe Member Posts: 50
    update please
  • lmbvettelmbvette Member Posts: 93
    It has been 14 months since the last update. What's the story, Edmunds????
    Don't worry about what other people think. Drive what makes you happy.
  • nuievenuieve Member Posts: 43
    Did you sell it?
  • christoplechristople Member Posts: 27
    Give the people what they want, more Miata updates!!! Maybe they sold it and got an S2000

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that"

• hoseclamphoseclamp Member Posts: 13
    What happened to the project??