Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Acura RDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

hotskatehotskate Member Posts: 6
edited April 2015 in Acura
I have a 2013 TL and looking to get my wife the rdx tech

I was offered: is this a good deal?
My cost on it is $37,049. If we agree on $500 markup (rounded down) that would be sales price of $37,500. Tax is $3037. Doc is $449. Plates are $667. So that would total $41.653.

Comments

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited May 2014

It's hard wrapping my head around the idea that the 2015 models are already out for some cars. :)

The Tech Package (FWD) invoices for $37,097 as you note. TMV is $39,195, so $37,500 would be a price well below "average". Most people are paying closer to MSRP.

The doc fee looks a bit high and I assume the plate fee isn't negotiable at all. But you're doing good "by the book".

• hotskatehotskate Member Posts: 6

Thank you for the information. I thought is sounded good as well.

• hotskatehotskate Member Posts: 6
    They are also throwing tints, wheel locks, paint protector, and trunk tray.
  • rdxandravrdxandrav Member Posts: 1

For 2013, one year ago, we paid $37,200 for RDX w/Tech Pkg.($4K). However do not buy it since the Navigation system is inaccurate and the regular sound system is fine. Instead buy a good Garmin GPS ($125+) for accuracy and free updates, plus, traffic.

• road_gypsyroad_gypsy Member Posts: 5

I bought a silver 2015 RDX last month. I got the AWD without tech. for $34,600 + TTL, but tax is about the highest in the country here in CA. Got a decent price on my trade in which made the deal worth it for me, but I'm sure there are people who paid less. After a month and 1,800 miles I am extremely pleased. Lowest MPG average for a tank was 24.5 highest was 28.8. I feel like the car itself, is a great value and would have paid more for it.

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,846

Congrats on the new Acura!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• njcarguy31njcarguy31 Member Posts: 7

Paid $37.6K before tax, registration and doc fee for AWD w/Tech in northern NJ. Had free all weather mats thrown in too.

• road_gypsyroad_gypsy Member Posts: 5

That sounds like a great deal, congrats...good that you got the mats. I got the mats, cargo cover, cargo tray, and net from Amazon for substantial savings. What color did you end up getting?

• njcarguy31njcarguy31 Member Posts: 7

black w/ black interior. my only hangup is that the navigation and voice command could be better, but the price is great compared to competitors.

• aeropatelaeropatel Member Posts: 5
    edited September 2014

I posted in the 2014 thread but wanted to post here again since the final price was a bit different. I apologize I don't have the exact breakdown in front of me but my tax rate is 7.25% (DuPage County, Illinois) and I had new plates so that should help figure out the ballpark pricing.

2015 RDX AWD - Tech Package (Pearl Black Exterior/Ebony Interior)

Sale price: $37.9k
    OTD: ~$42.5k

Included Accessories:

Acura remote start system w/ 2 remotes, All-season floor mats, Cargo tray, Splash guards, Wheel locks, First-Aid kit, Body moldings

Other (Included in OTD price):
    4yr/60K maintenance ($724)

I mainly opted for the maintenance package as the oil changes over 4 years themselves would eat up majority of that upfront payment. Plus, having the dealer do all the other scheduled services doesn't hurt. Worst case scenario, the maintenance over 4 years doesn't cost $724 and I lose out on about $200-300. Best case scenario, I come out ahead considering the cost of oil changes over 4 years plus any 30K/60K services.

Also I traded in my 2004 Lexus RX330 with 148K miles for close to $7k. Lexus and few other dealers had appraised it at about $5k due to being "beat up." Although it wasn't as bad as the other dealerships made it sound, anything above $6k was a good deal for me considering the condition of the car.

With everything said and done, I paid about $36k.

• chimpi99chimpi99 Member Posts: 15

Anyone got a 2015 Base RDX during the long weekend? if so, what is your sale price? thanks

Congrats @aeropatel and thanks for posting that info!

• aeropatelaeropatel Member Posts: 5

Edited:

OTD price was $41,600

@aeropatel said:
    I posted in the 2014 thread but wanted to post here again since the final price was a bit different. I apologize I don't have the exact breakdown in front of me but my tax rate is 7.25% (DuPage County, Illinois) and I had new plates so that should help figure out the ballpark pricing.

2015 RDX AWD - Tech Package (Pearl Black Exterior/Ebony Interior)

Sale price: $37.9k
    OTD: ~$42.5k

Included Accessories:

Acura remote start system w/ 2 remotes, All-season floor mats, Cargo tray, Splash guards, Wheel locks, First-Aid kit, Body moldings

Other (Included in OTD price):
    4yr/60K maintenance ($724)

I mainly opted for the maintenance package as the oil changes over 4 years themselves would eat up majority of that upfront payment. Plus, having the dealer do all the other scheduled services doesn't hurt. Worst case scenario, the maintenance over 4 years doesn't cost $724 and I lose out on about $200-300. Best case scenario, I come out ahead considering the cost of oil changes over 4 years plus any 30K/60K services.

Also I traded in my 2004 Lexus RX330 with 148K miles for close to $7k. Lexus and few other dealers had appraised it at about $5k due to being "beat up." Although it wasn't as bad as the other dealerships made it sound, anything above $6k was a good deal for me considering the condition of the car.

With everything said and done, I paid about $36k.

• brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244

@road_gypsy said:
    I bought a silver 2015 RDX last month. I got the AWD without tech. for $34,600 + TTL, but tax is about the highest in the country here in CA. Got a decent price on my trade in which made the deal worth it for me, but I'm sure there are people who paid less. After a month and 1,800 miles I am extremely pleased. Lowest MPG average for a tank was 24.5 highest was 28.8. I feel like the car itself, is a great value and would have paid more for it.

Which dealer did you purchase at???????????

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• chimpi99chimpi99 Member Posts: 15

Hi all - we got a 2015 acura rdx base with tint and wheel locks for 32.5k (35 otd) in DFW area. hope we got a good deal.

• wolfrajwolfraj Member Posts: 1

All - I booked my 2015 Acura RDX (Black exterior - Ebony interior) AWD with Tech package for 37.6k (Tax/Reg extra) in Bay Area, CA. No additional accessories though.
    Is this a good deal or did I pay more ?

edited September 2014

@wolfraj, TMV when I spec it out for a SoCal zip is $39,151. Invoice (with destination) is $38,877.

So you are doing better than the "average" and you must be eating into the dealer holdback or other hood money by getting a quote below invoice.

It looks like @aeropatel may have gotten a few more accessories thrown in on his IL deal, but you're close.

Enjoy the new ride (you too @chimpi99 !).

• rocky9876rocky9876 Member Posts: 1
    @aeropatel‌ can you please share your dealers name?I'm in market for Acura RDX in Chicago area.

Thanks in Advance
  • mits81mits81 Member Posts: 1
    I am getting a quote of $33,100 + TTL in CA for base model RDX (without Tech - FWD) .. Would appreciate any guidance on how the pricing for this is relative to what others have seen recently
    edited September 2014
    @mits81, for starters, Invoice on the base is $34,157, MSRP is $35,990. The average price paid is $34,410 and that includes destination. There's currently a Price Promise number of $33,981 on the RDX page here.

So, you're off to a good start. @chimpi99 got one for $32.5 in DFW so you may be able to wrangle another $500 bucks off.

Anyone buying this weekend (SoCal or elsewhere)?
  • hz1905hz1905 Member Posts: 6
    Question: I just got a OTD price offer for 2015 RDX AWD with tech: $40,997. Here is the breakdown: pretax price: 38200; tax: 2208; doc: 589.

Is this a good price or I will overpay. Thanks for your wisdom
    edited October 2014
    Average price paid is $39,429. Not as killer a deal as that one you are working on the Murano but not too shabby either - your quote is ~$350 below invoice. @hotskate's deal looks like it was a bit better but a lot depends on the region and the time of the month that you buy.

Can you go shopping with me next time I get a new car? B)
    sure, I took a lot of time with this and tried not to cave in easily. Yeah, I tried to Acura dealer to lower a bit more. Their manager said right in my face that he would lower a penny.
    but my OTD price is slightly better than @hotskate
    edited October 2014
    Yeah the doc fees can kill an otherwise good deal. His sales price of $37,500 was pretty good - I think the dealer made their profit on the doc fees. You can't do anything about the taxes or plate fees unless you move.
  • saravaTsaravaT Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2014
    chimpi99 said:

Hi all - we got a 2015 acura rdx base with tint and wheel locks for 32.5k (35 otd) in DFW area. hope we got a good deal.

Who is your dealer? I am interested to buy 2015 Acura RDX please [Email removed]
  • vtgrnvtgrn Member Posts: 4
    Hi, Just purchased a 2015 RDX, AWD at Precision Acura in Princeton, NJ. Price was $34,650, plus $289.00 in doc fees, tax and title. They threw in the all weather floor mats to help close the deal. Gave me a good price on my trade as well. Very happy with the car so far and the buying experience was great. Great staff at the dealership very professional.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,846
    Congrats on the new Acura!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• fountainheadfountainhead Member Posts: 3
    I got a quote of $33,800 (does not include tax and registration) on a 2015 RDX AWD base in IL. Can you tell me if this is a good deal?
    edited November 2014
    Invoice is $35,303, MSRP is $37,390 and True Market Value is $36,217 for a rural IL zip.

So yeah, your quote is well under invoice. Sounds good to me! Please let us know how it goes at the dealer.
  • bucci1bucci1 Member Posts: 2
    Ok. I think I just got ripped off. Paid $36,500 for RDX base 2015. That's out the door. Pittsburgh area. I'm seeing much lower purchases on here. Think I may go back and request free maintenance package or something. Not happy! I researched many vehicles before shopping but unfortunately didn't know my stuff on the RDX. Just stopped in to drive one and loved it.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,066
    bucci1 said:

Ok. I think I just got ripped off. Paid $36,500 for RDX base 2015. That's out the door. Pittsburgh area. I'm seeing much lower purchases on here. Think I may go back and request free maintenance package or something. Not happy! I researched many vehicles before shopping but unfortunately didn't know my stuff on the RDX. Just stopped in to drive one and loved it.

Isn't the sales tax in Pittsburgh something like 10%? What other fees were included in the deal? It may not have been as bad a deal as you think.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• bucci1bucci1 Member Posts: 2
    Price of vehicle before all$35,263....actually I was wrong on 35k out the door.. Closer to $37k total out the door
  • acuraboyacuraboy Member Posts: 1
    Hello Friends,
    On Acura RDX AWD (Base model), I got a quote of $34,089(includes destination charges) + Tax, Title & Doc fees. Do you think this is good deal? OR Can it be brought down further? This is in Ohio.
  • semifolksemifolk Member Posts: 2
    Hi Friends,

First post :) .

Wanted to share my buying experience after learning so much from these threads!!!.

Got Acura RDX 2015 FWD - Base (NO Tech) - $35,000 OTD (including $500 incentive for new Grad program).

This is in Bay Area, Calif.
    Congrats and welcome!
  • leoguruleoguru Member Posts: 2
    @semifolk, I think thats a very good deal. I am also thinking to go for rdx fwd base. Since I am also in bay area, would you mind me telling the dealer...location or sth?

Thanks.
    semifolk said:

Hi Friends,

First post :) .

Wanted to share my buying experience after learning so much from these threads!!!.

Got Acura RDX 2015 FWD - Base (NO Tech) - $35,000 OTD (including $500 incentive for new Grad program).

This is in Bay Area, Calif.

• semifolksemifolk Member Posts: 2
    @leoguru‌ Sent dealer details to you Inbox.
    It's okay to share that kind of info on the forum too @semifolk‌.
  • raas2raas2 Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2014
    Hi semifolk,
    I'm planning to buy the Acura RDX 2015 FWD - Base (NO Tech). Can you please share your dealer information since am from bay area too. [Email removed] Thanks in advance

Cheers!
  • leoguruleoguru Member Posts: 2
    I got rdx fwd base in 35500 otd. Could get in 35k but had to pay extra for my choice of color. That particular dealer didn't buzz at all.

This is in Bay Area CA.
    Once again, it's fine to talk about your dealer(s) in the forum.

We also encourage you to post on our Dealer Reviews & Dealer Ratings page. Thanks!
  • sarahww3sarahww3 Member Posts: 1
    im targeting 32500 otd in VA, includes 500 grads incentive. i think that's equals 35000-500 in bay area.
  • jmrdxjmrdx Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased 2015 RDX AWD w/Tech package for 37000+TLD. San Francisco Bay Area. Hope this helps!
    Congrats!
  • sam_peytonsam_peyton Member Posts: 22
    I am working a deal right now for 2015 RDX AWD +tech. Dealer is throwing in remote start (to be added), floor mats/cargo mats, splash guards, and oil change package. Giving me a pretty decent quote on my trade in. What do you think? I haven't signed yet.
    Free stuff is good. Decent quote for your trade in is good too. Have you compared your quote with TMV (or invoice), adjusting for your trade, and looked at the other posts in here?
    stever said:

Free stuff is good. Decent quote for your trade in is good too. Have you compared your quote with TMV (or invoice), adjusting for your trade, and looked at the other posts in here?

I have been trying to. I noticed a lot of the posters list OTD prices which makes it hard to compare since the TTL vary by location. I have compared it to TMV which said 1% below MSRP but every dealer adds stuff to the car which increases the listed MSRP. I forgot to list the price I was quoted which was $40K+ 499 doc fee + TTL
    edited January 2015
    You could try a Price Promise if there's a participating dealer in your area. If there is, the link will show up when you go to the Make|Model|year dropdowns and drill down to the RDX.

For the confusing OTD posts, try taking 6% and $500 off for taxes and fees. That'll get you somewhat close, not counting the $500 nitrogen and $500 wax job. :'(
    So 40K for AWD with tech sounds pretty lousy compared to the 37k the Bay Area person just got. Even with the remote start and floor mats and splash guards thrown in.