Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Land Rover Discovery Sport Road Test | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited December 2014 in Land Rover
image2015 Land Rover Discovery Sport Road Test | Edmunds.com

Edmunds' road test of the 2015 Land Rover Discovery Sport, Land Rover's new premium compact SUV.

Read the full story here

Comments

• gofortheneckgofortheneck Member Posts: 42
    It's the nicest car I can buy that will be in the repair shop constantly. Thanks, Edmunds.com! True to form, you fail to mention reliability info. Are you MI-5 moles?
  • bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    Looking at that interior and considering the power train I can't help but think that your Cherokee seems like a legit competitor, particularly for the base version of the Discovery.
  • throwbackthrowback Member Posts: 445
    Not bad, I like the styling and the price is certainly reasonable for a premium mid sizer.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited December 2014
    If you accept the premise that initial quality is an indication of long term reliability, the 2014 IQS study from JD Power puts Land Rover just below the norm, and ahead of VW, Subaru, Acura and some others. The long term study is another story but that's based on 2011 vehicles. Land Rover was quite a bit lower in the 2011 IQS study.
  • scottnsc2scottnsc2 Member Posts: 29
    A Land Rover vehicle that I actually like..... The times, they are a-changing.....
  • schen72schen72 Member Posts: 433
    I find long term reliability more important than "initial quality." But then, I keep my cars forever, so reliability is important to me. For the leasers, quality isn't important.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Me too, but every data point helps, and if a car does lousy on the initial surveys, it does raise a red flag.
  • kurtamaxxxguykurtamaxxxguy Member Posts: 1,798
    Seems like a nice vehicle for status seekers, but there are unknowns (no crash test results, weak LR reliability, unknown resale value, sparse dealer network). Would you buy one if the only dealer for hundreds of miles was 60 miles away?
  • jr99jr99 Member Posts: 8
    LR Disco Sport seems to offer 5+2 seating OR the BLIS/Advance Cruise option. I would like both. Does anyone know why they wouldn't combine these two? thank you.
  • raj_eraj_e Member Posts: 5
    Reviving old thread, if any one is interested. Recent consumer reports review came out very bad, they gave least rating and simply said "we would not recommend buying it". I am wondering why did other reviewers gave OK to good reviews? They didn't like the transmission, but I didn't expect them to outright reject the vehicle.