Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Limited-Slip Differential Fail - 2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited December 2014 in Jaguar
imageLimited-Slip Differential Fail - 2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe Long-Term Road Test

This update to Edmunds long-term Jaguar F-Type R Coupe includes discussion of the one-time failure of the Jag's electronic limited-slip differential.

Read the full story here

Comments

• bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    I don't understand the proliferation of electronic LSD's over proven reliable tech like the Torsen or regular clutch type LSD's.
  • desmoliciousdesmolicious Member Posts: 671
    "So much so that I half expected a hubcap to come off and pass me by like used to happen in the 'Stang leaving school."

Well done.
  • allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878

I don't understand the proliferation of electronic LSD's over proven reliable tech like the Torsen or regular clutch type LSD's.

Because the E-LSD can do so much more that an ordinary LSD. Think Super Handling REAR Wheel Drive.

• bassracerxbassracerx Member Posts: 188

agreed it would take a professional driver for the E-lsd to actually improve launches/track-times but this is a jag after all it's complicated for complication's sake
  • mtakahashimtakahashi Member Posts: 31
    Robert DeNiro once told me to avoid dropping names.