Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,145
    nyccarguy said:

Hey guys. Can you give me the MF/RV for a 2015 ML 350 4Matic? 36 months/20K per year (its for my Mom). Is there a different lease term that looks attractive? Thanks!

.00111 and 53% for 36/15. Extra miles are charged at .20-.25 per, IIRC

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• harold_1221harold_1221 Member Posts: 4
    OK trying to negotiate a lease on a 2015 ML350 with a MSRP of 63.5K. The best offer I'm getting on a 36 month lease with 10K miles/year is $985/month with a $2,000 downpayment. They took 4K off the sticker price and then I added $1,000 for prepaid maintenance and tinting. It says the residual is 32126 and the sales tax rate is 1.5%. I've asked for additonal information so I can look at the capitalized cost #, etc., but does this sound right? I'll post additional details as I get them.
    edited December 2014
    As a follow-up, the capitalized cost amount is $61,501 and the money factor is .00180. Why is the money factor so much higher than what everyone else is quoting? Is this something set by Mercedes or is that negotiable? Sorry for all the newbie questions, leasing seems like a great option but man is it confusing the first time through. Also, this is the RWD model.

OK trying to negotiate a lease on a 2015 ML350 with a MSRP of 63.5K. The best offer I'm getting on a 36 month lease with 10K miles/year is $985/month with a $2,000 downpayment. They took 4K off the sticker price and then I added $1,000 for prepaid maintenance and tinting. It says the residual is 32126 and the sales tax rate is 1.5%. I've asked for additonal information so I can look at the capitalized cost #, etc., but does this sound right? I'll post additional details as I get them.

As a follow-up, the capitalized cost amount is $61,501 and the money factor is .00180. Why is the money factor so much higher than what everyone else is quoting? Is this something set by Mercedes or is that negotiable? Sorry for all the newbie questions, leasing seems like a great option but man is it confusing the first time through. Also, this is the RWD model.

Lease numbers for the 2015 MB ML350 RWD are .00111 and 56%. Dealer is likely inflating the MF on you for more profit. Politely but firmly explain that you won't sign a deal with an inflated MF.

With an MSRP of $63,500 and a net cap cost of $61,501 (I'm assuming the $2K drive off is for first payment and other up front fees), I get a pre-tax payment of $828.32.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Michaell said:

Lease numbers for the 2015 MB ML350 RWD are .00111 and 56%. Dealer is likely inflating the MF on you for more profit. Politely but firmly explain that you won't sign a deal with an inflated MF.

With an MSRP of $63,500 and a net cap cost of $61,501 (I'm assuming the $2K drive off is for first payment and other up front fees), I get a pre-tax payment of $828.32.

Thanks, that's what I figured. So now the issue is that they are claiming I'm getting some sort of year-end sales tax incentive where they are knocking the usual 6% sales tax rate down to 1.5%. I can see that they are actually doing this in the numbers I'm looking at and the regular tax rate is 6%. So my guess is this is some sort of attempt to get most of that amount back in interest. Taking the sales tax incentive with the higher MF gets me a slightly better price than the full sales tax amount and the lower MF, so now I'm going to call around to some other dealers to see if anyone is offering the sales tax incentive plus the lower the MF.

Just when I think I'm starting to get it all figured out.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200

Michaell said:

Thanks, that's what I figured. So now the issue is that they are claiming I'm getting some sort of year-end sales tax incentive where they are knocking the usual 6% sales tax rate down to 1.5%. I can see that they are actually doing this in the numbers I'm looking at and the regular tax rate is 6%. So my guess is this is some sort of attempt to get most of that amount back in interest. Taking the sales tax incentive with the higher MF gets me a slightly better price than the full sales tax amount and the lower MF, so now I'm going to call around to some other dealers to see if anyone is offering the sales tax incentive plus the lower the MF.

Just when I think I'm starting to get it all figured out.

Guessing you are in Texas? The sales tax credit thing is probably legit. But, if one dealer has access to it, I would guess all of them do, since the credits are coming from MBCC

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• mlevinemlevine Member Posts: 581
    Harold 1221

Where is the winter event $2,000 cash coming into the equation. I would find out the invoice on this vehicle. Take the $2,000 off from this, and even try to work off another $1,000-$2,000 from that number for a new adjusted cap cost. You would then add back the $1,000 for maintenance and tinting. Work out numbers to see if sales tax credit or higher money factor is the better deal.
    edited December 2014
    mlevine said:

Harold 1221

Where is the winter event $2,000 cash coming into the equation. I would find out the invoice on this vehicle. Take the $2,000 off from this, and even try to work off another $1,000-$2,000 from that number for a new adjusted cap cost. You would then add back the $1,000 for maintenance and tinting. Work out numbers to see if sales tax credit or higher money factor is the better deal.

Thanks for all the helpful advice. I ended up calling around to a few other dealers and ended up getting an ML that was $1500 ($65K MSRP) more than the original one I was looking at for a payment of $908 on a 36 month 10K miles/month lease with $1,500 up front (included the 1st payment). The new dealership gave me a slightly better deal plus the lower money factor. I had to threaten to walk one time, but otherwise it was a pretty painless process. You guys saved me ~$3000 over the life of the lease for a slightly nicer vehicle.
    kyfdx

Do you have money factor and residual for 2015 ML 350 RWD for 24 months and 12,000 miles per year?
    mlevine said:

kyfdx

Do you have money factor and residual for 2015 ML 350 RWD for 24 months and 12,000 miles per year?

.00111 and 63%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell,

Can one use the winter cash, MB club of America certificate and auto show appreciation certificate for the ML? I am trying to make a lease deal on this vehicle.
    mlevine said:

Michaell,

Can one use the winter cash, MB club of America certificate and auto show appreciation certificate for the ML? I am trying to make a lease deal on this vehicle.

No idea on which incentives are applicable to leases.. you'll have to check with the dealer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• vamin24vamin24 Member Posts: 4
    edited December 2014
    Trying to price out a 2015 ML350 with my current dealer. Got a good deal on our 2014 E350 so I'm assuming he's being straight with me now.

Received this offer on a $66,485 car (w/ acquisition fee). Cap cost of $58,525, MF 0.00101 after auto-pay, 55% residual @ 12k/yr which comes out to $759.31/mo including NJ sales tax for 36 months. $2384 out of pocket for all inception fees.

Thoughts? I haven't tried negotiating down further but looks like a good deal to me. Apparently they no longer allow MSDs on special rate programs so can't use that to get it down further.

I know it depends on how much I can get the cap cost down but you think I could get the monthly down to $650 if I dropped down to a car closer to $60k MSRP?
    vamin24,

I am working on a ML 350 deal. The initial vehicle was MRSP around $56,795. I did not need certain features and found one at $54,940. I was going to go for 24 month, but I am working on 30 month deal as I could do the pull ahead in 2 years with about one payment I would have to come up with. Assumption is pull ahead will still be around. I am trying to give up front 1st month payment, DMV fees, tag agency fee, and other minor fees. Building bank fee, deal fee/doc fee, and 1 lease fee into the payment.
    edited December 2014
    mlevine said:

vamin24,

I am working on a ML 350 deal. The initial vehicle was MRSP around $56,795. I did not need certain features and found one at $54,940. I was going to go for 24 month, but I am working on 30 month deal as I could do the pull ahead in 2 years with about one payment I would have to come up with. Assumption is pull ahead will still be around. I am trying to give up front 1st month payment, DMV fees, tag agency fee, and other minor fees. Building bank fee, deal fee/doc fee, and 1 lease fee into the payment.

mlevine,

Not sure if you forgot to include your question/quote. What sort of monthly rate did you receive on that? Seeing as I received close to 12% off the MSRP I'm curious to hear what you'd receive on that car. As far as the length goes, I'm guessing 36 months is the sweet spot for 12k miles/yr, are you going for the same? Good call building certain fees into the monthly. I personally just received the quote structured like my last deal but I intend on doing that as well.
    vamin24 said:

Trying to price out a 2015 ML350 with my current dealer. Got a good deal on our 2014 E350 so I'm assuming he's being straight with me now.

Received this offer on a $66,485 car (w/ acquisition fee). Cap cost of $58,525, MF 0.00101 after auto-pay, 55% residual @ 12k/yr which comes out to $759.31/mo including NJ sales tax for 36 months. $2384 out of pocket for all inception fees.

Thoughts? I haven't tried negotiating down further but looks like a good deal to me. Apparently they no longer allow MSDs on special rate programs so can't use that to get it down further.

I know it depends on how much I can get the cap cost down but you think I could get the monthly down to $650 if I dropped down to a car closer to $60k MSRP?

I get $706/mo.+tax, so it looks like you are right there... That is the base MF and the correct residual.

You are correct.. MSDs are only available if you are using the "standard" money factor.

Assuming you get a proportional discount on a cheaper model, your payment should drop by about $11.40/month for every $1000 less in MSRP.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

vamin24,

I am getting about $8,800 of MRSP. It is about $1,000 out of pocket. Should be about $640 and it is 30 month at 12K a year. As above fees built into lease including one payment with other 4 payments part of lease accelerator program. 30 month will only require 2 scheduled maintenance and I hopefully may get away not replacing tires as I turn the car back at 25 months.
    edited December 2014
    kyfdx said:

I get $706/mo.+tax, so it looks like you are right there... That is the base MF and the correct residual.

You are correct.. MSDs are only available if you are using the "standard" money factor.

Assuming you get a proportional discount on a cheaper model, your payment should drop by about $11.40/month for every $1000 less in MSRP.

Ok that is perfect, I have reached out to another dealer as well to see if I can get them to compete. Thanks for your help man!
    mlevine said:

vamin24,

I am getting about $8,800 of MRSP. It is about $1,000 out of pocket. Should be about $640 and it is 30 month at 12K a year. As above fees built into lease including one payment with other 4 payments part of lease accelerator program. 30 month will only require 2 scheduled maintenance and I hopefully may get away not replacing tires as I turn the car back at 25 months.

That looks to me like a great deal to get that much off MSRP at your price point especially. With that being said, I haven't attempted to negotiate the price yet so I have a feeling I'll be able to get it down a bit further.
    vamin24,

I only look at MRSP to calculate the residual. I figure out the invoice and then analyze if I have a good deal. Also take into account the winter money of $2,000.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,373
    Hi guys! Can you give me MB Credit's RV & mf for 24 months/20K per year for a 2015 ML 350 4Matic? Do they residualize the prepaid maintenance?

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

nyccarguy said:

Hi guys! Can you give me MB Credit's RV & mf for 24 months/20K per year for a 2015 ML 350 4Matic? Do they residualize the prepaid maintenance?

.00111 and 61% for 24/15.

Yes, prepaid maintenence is residualized.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• dulcineadulcinea Member Posts: 5
    My quote:
    ML-350 2015
    MSRP 59,285
    Negotiated price:52,936
    Tax: 3,924
    Fees:788
    Delivered Pricer: 57,648

Lease upfront payment of 3,000
    $691/month payment for 36 months lease (10k miles per year)
    Good?
    dulcinea said:

My quote:
    ML-350 2015
    MSRP 59,285
    Negotiated price:52,936
    Tax: 3,924
    Fees:788
    Delivered Pricer: 57,648

Lease upfront payment of 3,000
    $691/month payment for 36 months lease (10k miles per year)
    Good?

What state?

What is the breakdown of the $3000 up front cash - any of that going to cap cost reduction?

.00111 MF and 56% residual. With your MSRP and delivered price, I calculate a payment of $779.96/mo. If I use the entire $3000 as cap cost reduction, I get $693.30, so pretty close to your quote.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

New Jersey. The document provided to me says the 3000 is for security deposit, tax on down payment, license, title and documentation. does not say anything about cap cost reduction.
    dulcinea said:

New Jersey. The document provided to me says the 3000 is for security deposit, tax on down payment, license, title and documentation. does not say anything about cap cost reduction.

Then I would say you've got a good deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thanks for the quick feedback Michaell!
    Another quote
    MSRP 57,050 (fewer options)

3K upfront fee
    617 per month (36 month 10k miles)

how does this price up to your calculator?
    dulcinea said:

Another quote
    MSRP 57,050 (fewer options)

3K upfront fee
    617 per month (36 month 10k miles)

how does this price up to your calculator?

Selling price?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• bigblockc3bigblockc3 Member Posts: 141
    edited December 2014
    Looking to Lease a 2015 Mercedes ML350 4MATIC 4dr. If you could please take a look at our most recent offer from a very large Mercedes Dealer? *Vehicle will be registered in NJ. Tax rate is 7.00%. There's no trade involved. The following info was provided from their printed work sheet but the final number makes no sense? 38% of the selling price comes to $22,180.22 without interest, taxes, fees, etc... Can you see how you calculate the final ONE PAY based on the info provided? *Before they call back, I wanted another set of eyes on the offer... THANKS!

Total MSRP: $65,660...
    Negotiated price: $58,369...
    ONE PAY money factor: 0.00031...
    Residual: 62% for 7,500 miles per year...
    Lease Term: 30 months...
    Acquisition fee: $1,095...
    DOC fee: $499...
    Gov't Fees: $576.48
    Taxes: $1,412.26
    Total ONE PAY payment due: $22,163.84????

Looking to Lease a 2015 Mercedes ML350 4MATIC 4dr. If you could please take a look at our most recent offer from a very large Mercedes Dealer? *Vehicle will be registered in NJ. Tax rate is 7.00%. There's no trade involved. The following info was provided from their printed work sheet but the final number makes no sense? 38% of the selling price comes to $22,180.22 without interest, taxes, fees, etc... Can you see how you calculate the final ONE PAY based on the info provided? *Before they call back, I wanted another set of eyes on the offer... THANKS!

Total MSRP: $65,660...
    Negotiated price: $58,369...
    ONE PAY money factor: 0.00031...
    Residual: 62% for 7,500 miles per year...
    Lease Term: 30 months...
    Acquisition fee: $1,095...
    DOC fee: $499...
    Gov't Fees: $576.48
    Taxes: $1,412.26
    Total ONE PAY payment due: $22,163.84????

Calculating a One-Pay lease is the same as calculating any other lease..
    One note: 38% of MSRP means nothing, because you aren't paying MSRP.
    $65660 MSRP
    $58369 CAP cost
    .00031 MF
    62% residual.
    Monthly payment = $619.37

One-Pay amount:

$18,581.10 (30 X $619.37)
    $1095 Acq.fee
    $499 doc fee
    $576.48 Govt.fees
    $1412.26 tax
    -----------------------
    $22,163.84 Total..

Matches to the penny... I'll note that they are marking up the acq.fee by $300 and adding a BS $499 doc fee.. .but, the calculations are dead on..
    The savings comes from the money factor.. If this were a traditional 30 month lease, the money factor would be .00111, and the payment would be $698.63.
    The savings from paying upfront is $2377.80

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks for such a quick response! I'm definitely going to challenge the Acq fee! Didn't think they were allowed to mark that up?? THANKS for pointing that out!!!

Okay, I see where my error was. I was assuming 38% of cap cost but it doesn't calculate that way... *I just calculated the lease formula manually (by hand) and came up with the same numbers! THANKS!!

Question: I'm $7,291 below MSRP which is far below invoice. Do you see any more room? It looks pretty good "as is" but at years end, I was hoping for exceptional... Thoughts?

Thanks for such a quick response! I'm definitely going to challenge the Acq fee! Didn't think they were allowed to mark that up?? THANKS for pointing that out!!!

Okay, I see where my error was. I was assuming 38% of cap cost but it doesn't calculate that way... *I just calculated the lease formula manually (by hand) and came up with the same numbers! THANKS!!

Question: I'm $7,291 below MSRP which is far below invoice. Do you see any more room? It looks pretty good "as is" but at years end, I was hoping for exceptional... Thoughts?

Normally, I'd suggest a 36 month term.... and, that will save you a little (on a monthly basis), but mostly because your fixed costs are spread over more months... it isn't a huge savings..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

I was told the MF would increase & residual would drop if we went to 36 months... *Is that not the case?

I was told the MF would increase & residual would drop if we went to 36 months... *Is that not the case?

The residual will drop... by 5%, but the money factor shouldn't change.

Usually, a 5% drop for 6 more months would be a pretty big savings, but since your discount is large, it's not that much... I'm actually surprised that they gave you a One-pay money factor reduction off of a subvented money factor.. Usually, the discount is only available with the standard money factor.

I doubt you'll do any better, but it doesn't hurt to ask... Normally, I advise working on the selling price, to offset acq.fee markups, but your price is already very low.... maybe, try to work on that markup or whine about the dealer fee. ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

New ML 350,

Just completed lease deal last night. Out of pocket $1014.63 with $631 a month at 30 month and 12K a year. MRSP 54,950 and dealer fee, MV fee, tag agency fee, other fees and one prior payment built into lease price. I had other dealers wanted my business. The dealer fee in Florida is standard. The aquisition fee marked up an extra $300. On dealer had normal aquisition fee, but cap cost was too high. Another dealer had aquisition and money factor marked up. My deal I payed the etxra $300 and dealer fee, but when I was negotiating the cap cost I took these numbers into consideration.
    New ML 350,

My mistake as part of the upfront fee, I should have said 1st month not dealer fee.
    mlevine said:

New ML 350,

Just completed lease deal last night. Out of pocket $1014.63 with $631 a month at 30 month and 12K a year. MRSP 54,950 and dealer fee, MV fee, tag agency fee, other fees and one prior payment built into lease price. I had other dealers wanted my business. The dealer fee in Florida is standard. The aquisition fee marked up an extra $300. On dealer had normal aquisition fee, but cap cost was too high. Another dealer had aquisition and money factor marked up. My deal I payed the etxra $300 and dealer fee, but when I was negotiating the cap cost I took these numbers into consideration.

Congratulations - enjoy your new ML!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thanks to all on this forum for your help. For those interested in the ML 350 I believe there are great deals available. Certain dealers have trunk cash available to help move the ML 350. I was originally going to get a GLK 350 as I wanted to down size as one of my sons is going to go to college. There was no extra incentives, so I looked at the ML once again to replace my current ML. Although the lease payment is higher as the ML is more expensive than the GLK, I felt for an extra $50.00 a month it was worth it.
  • sats0sats0 Member Posts: 12
    Hi,
    I am looking to lease a 2015 ML 400 4Matic. What is the MF and residual for December for a 24/30/36 month lease with 12K miles per year?
    Thanks
    sats0 said:

Hi,
    I am looking to lease a 2015 ML 400 4Matic. What is the MF and residual for December for a 24/30/36 month lease with 12K miles per year?
    Thanks

Standard money factor and 63%/60%/55% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

sats0 said:

Hi,
    Thanks

Ok, thanks. What is the standard money factor and how can I figure it out?
    sats0 said:

kyfdx said:

sats0 said:

Hi,
    Thanks

Ok, thanks. What is the standard money factor and how can I figure it out?

It varies, but lately seems to be in the .00180-.0020 range.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• norctnorct Member Posts: 2
    I live in Virginia, offer is in Maryland. What is the money factor and residual for ML350 4matic for Maryland and Virginia? Going to look at a local dealer to beat my current sale price offer, but just looking at the MF and Residual -- what they should be.
  • badh20419badh20419 Member Posts: 7
    mlevine said:

Thanks to all on this forum for your help. For those interested in the ML 350 I believe there are great deals available. Certain dealers have trunk cash available to help move the ML 350. I was originally going to get a GLK 350 as I wanted to down size as one of my sons is going to go to college. There was no extra incentives, so I looked at the ML once again to replace my current ML. Although the lease payment is higher as the ML is more expensive than the GLK, I felt for an extra $50.00 a month it was worth it.

What is trunk cash?
    badh20419,

Trunk cash is money that MB gives certain dealers to move certain models. This money is often unknown to the consumer. It can be used in addition to winter event. It is available on the M-class and E-class. I do not believe it is available for the GLK as these units are moving quickly off dealers lots.
  • mohauwkmohauwk Member Posts: 18
    ML350

MSRP 60300

MF 0.00111
    RESIDUAL: 53% ( 36month/15Kmiles)

Total lease : 640/month

THis is in VA
    mohauwk,

I would look at the 30 month lease with residual at 60%. At 36 month you are having to perform a 3rd maintenance. In addition you are looking at possible brake pads and rotors, and even replacement tires. This also takes into consideration if you were to due lease pull ahead.
    Hi,
    Is sales tax on leases in California calculated on the total sales price or on just the leased price? I got the following quote on a 2015 ML350 4MATIC:
    MSRP: $63,945
    Negotiated price: $56,000
    Tax @ 9%: $5,047.20
    Fees: $583.75
    Out the door price: $61,630.95

Cash Down: $1416.71
    36 mo/12K: $825.76 / month
    Residual: $35,169.75
    The above info is on the sheet he gave me.
    The dealer mentioned the MF is 0.00102. He also said the Cash Down is primarily for Fees and 1st month payment, but the numbers don't add up. Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks.
    sats0 said:

Hi,
    Is sales tax on leases in California calculated on the total sales price or on just the leased price? I got the following quote on a 2015 ML350 4MATIC:

The dealer mentioned the MF is 0.00102. He also said the Cash Down is primarily for Fees and 1st month payment, but the numbers don't add up. Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks.

The purchase tax has nothing to do with a lease... Payments are taxed monthly. So, the OTD price is only for a purchase.
    You should ask for the CAP cost and compare that to the selling price, and ask for a line item accounting of the difference.

If your CAP cost is $56,795 (purchase price + acq.fee), I get a payment of $702/mo+tax, or about $765/mo.tax included.. Your $1400 upfront would cover the 1st payment and registration fees.. (I show MF of .00111)

Looks like they have about $1800 in extras hidden in there somewhere..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

sats0 said:

Hi,

Thanks.

The purchase tax has nothing to do with a lease... Payments are taxed monthly. So, the OTD price is only for a purchase.
    You should ask for the CAP cost and compare that to the selling price, and ask for a line item accounting of the difference.

If your CAP cost is $56,795 (purchase price + acq.fee), I get a payment of $702/mo+tax, or about $765/mo.tax included.. Your $1400 upfront would cover the 1st payment and registration fees.. (I show MF of .00111)

Looks like they have about $1800 in extras hidden in there somewhere..
    OK, thanks for the clarification! Is there an additional acquisition fee that is tacked on? Another dealer had a $1098 acquisition fee in addition to the doc, registration and smog fees. I believe this should be $795?

Really appreciate all this info!