Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Removing damaged spoiler - Acura RDX

ewl88ewl88 Member Posts: 76
edited December 2014 in Acura
I'm trying to replace a damaged 2014 rdx spoiler (74900-TX4-A01ZD) with oem replacement part. The dealer I ordered part from said it was easy to change the spoiler but I'm not seeing bolts that keep the spoiler attached to the rest of the car. Is there any attachment or bolt that I'm not seeing? I'd like to avoid going to body shop if it's easy to do. Thanks.

Comments

• thecardoc3thecardoc3 Member Posts: 5,745
    What do you see for fasteners and their locations on the new part?
  • ewl88ewl88 Member Posts: 76
    Thanks I figured it out this morning. The bolts are accessed by raising the hatch. There are 4 bolts. 2 are easy to access. 2 are hard to find. After removing them you have to gently pry the spoiler which are still aligned by some plastic posts. The OEM part didn't include the screws so you have to be careful not to lose them. I had to attach the 3rd light in the recess of the spoiler. That was easy. Just connect it to the original wiring through a connector The spoiler comes with a tube for the washing spray so you have to connect that. The adjustment of the spoiler on the trunk was a bit tricky. You have to align the plastic posts then I used a rubber mallet gently to get them level on to the trunk then put the bolts back on. You're right looking at the new part is the key. You can see there are 4 threaded posts where the bolts go. It's logical but I've never done anything like it. But saved myself some money.
  • imager4763imager4763 Member Posts: 1
    OMG. I have a similar situation with my 2014 RDX except my spoiler is intact but the bolts holding it broke off. I cannot seem to find the replacements for these. My Acura dealer wants me to replace the spoiler in total. Any thoughts ? I know I can get it back on if I can get these 4 replacement bolts.
  • GthaniGthani Member Posts: 1
    Hi ewl88. Is it possible you can post pics of where the bolts are located? I am trying to replace my damaged 2013 rdx spoiler also

Thanks in advance!
    ewl88 said:

Thanks I figured it out this morning. The bolts are accessed by raising the hatch. There are 4 bolts. 2 are easy to access. 2 are hard to find. After removing them you have to gently pry the spoiler which are still aligned by some plastic posts. The OEM part didn't include the screws so you have to be careful not to lose them. I had to attach the 3rd light in the recess of the spoiler. That was easy. Just connect it to the original wiring through a connector The spoiler comes with a tube for the washing spray so you have to connect that. The adjustment of the spoiler on the trunk was a bit tricky. You have to align the plastic posts then I used a rubber mallet gently to get them level on to the trunk then put the bolts back on. You're right looking at the new part is the key. You can see there are 4 threaded posts where the bolts go. It's logical but I've never done anything like it. But saved myself some money.