Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 Mercedes-Benz B-Class Electric Drive Lease Questions

truetaotruetao Member Posts: 64
edited May 2015 in Mercedes-Benz
To discuss the latest lease details for the current model, please join us in the 2015 Mercedes-Benz B-Class Electric Drive Lease Questions forum.

I would like to know the December money factor and residual for a 36 months lease with 7,500 miles per year.

Also interested in any comments from anyone who is leasing this car or considering leasing it. There seems to be very little information available since it is so new.

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,228
    truetao said:

I would like to know the December money factor and residual for a 36 months lease with 7,500 miles per year.

Also interested in any comments from anyone who is leasing this car or considering leasing it. There seems to be very little information available since it is so new.

.00033 MF and 47% residual.

There is $7500 lease bonus cash. Mercedes' advertised leases assume a dealer discount of $3845, in addition to the lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    truetaotruetao Member Posts: 64
    The dealer is offering me the following:
    MSRP: 43,010
    Sales Price: 29,262
    Drive off: 737.53
    Residual: 47%
    MF: .00043
    36 months, 7.5K
    $321.58 incl. CA tax per month
    I would get a $2500 check from the state of CA and a sticker for the car pool lane.

The MF has been bumped up .00010 to .00043 which would cost me an additional $195 over the length of the lease.
    If I use auto pay, I feel they should at least give me the .00033 MF.

It seems like a good deal. I'm trying to figure out if it makes practical sense for me to drive an electric car that can only go about 85 miles on a charge. It would be fine for all my city driving (Los Angeles) but I would need to rent a car for vacation road trips.

I test drove the B-Class Electric Drive and loved driving it. Trying to decide if it will work on a practical level.
  • Options
    truetao said:

The dealer is offering me the following:
    MSRP: 43,010
    Sales Price: 29,262
    Drive off: 737.53
    Residual: 47%
    MF: .00043
    36 months, 7.5K
    $321.58 incl. CA tax per month
    I would get a $2500 check from the state of CA and a sticker for the car pool lane.

The MF has been bumped up .00010 to .00043 which would cost me an additional $195 over the length of the lease.
    If I use auto pay, I feel they should at least give me the .00033 MF.

It seems like a good deal. I'm trying to figure out if it makes practical sense for me to drive an electric car that can only go about 85 miles on a charge. It would be fine for all my city driving (Los Angeles) but I would need to rent a car for vacation road trips.

I test drove the B-Class Electric Drive and loved driving it. Trying to decide if it will work on a practical level.

Well.. that's certainly cheap enough..

As you mention, can you live with the "range anxiety"?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    jjustin80jjustin80 Member Posts: 3
    Did you end up leasing? Which dealer in Los Angeles? We want the same deal.
  • Options
    harleymykharleymyk Member Posts: 1
    I own one and like it a lot, but I would not have bought it if it was our only car.
  • Options
    leescottleescott Member Posts: 170
    Could I please have the 36/12K rate and residual for the 2014 and 2015 B-Class, and any lease cash that is available? Also is the MF reduction for a MSD still .00007? This is for Florida. Thanks!
  • Options
    leescott said:

Could I please have the 36/12K rate and residual for the 2014 and 2015 B-Class, and any lease cash that is available? Also is the MF reduction for a MSD still .00007? This is for Florida. Thanks!

.00033 MF and 45% residual for either year.

I doubt Mercedes will let you take an MSD reduction on a subvented rate, like this one.

There is $7500 lease bonus cash on either model, but it looks like the dealer may have $4500 extra money to play with on the 2014, given the lease examples. Advertised lease payments are $120/mo. less on the 2014 model.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    leescottleescott Member Posts: 170
    kyfdx said:

leescott said:

.00033 MF and 45% residual for either year.

I doubt Mercedes will let you take an MSD reduction on a subvented rate, like this one.

There is $7500 lease bonus cash on either model, but it looks like the dealer may have $4500 extra money to play with on the 2014, given the lease examples. Advertised lease payments are $120/mo. less on the 2014 model.
    Thanks!
  • Options
    ClairesClaires Member Posts: 1,222
    To discuss the latest lease details for the current model, please join us in the 2015 Mercedes-Benz B-Class Electric Drive Lease Questions forum.

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Tell everyone about your buying experience: Write a Dealer Review

This discussion has been closed.