Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mazda6 Maintenance and Repair

1515253545557»

Comments

• mazdageek90mazdageek90 Member Posts: 1
    DO anybody know what I can do about my check oil light????
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481

This topic has been a bit sleepy for while. Tell us more about your problem, with some details.

• PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372

@mazdageek90 said:
    DO anybody know what I can do about my check oil light????

A few more details would help since I can only assume that you've checked the oil level and it appears to be OK?

• tesla2tesla2 Member Posts: 5
    2005 Mazda 6, 6 cyl, 6speed auto. my mechanic can't seem to locate the correct cv joint for the driver side, he has tried two different ones for the "S" model and he even tried one for the "I", they are all to long to bolt up, any sugestions?
    tesla2 said:

2005 Mazda 6, 6 cyl, 6speed auto. my mechanic can't seem to locate the correct cv joint for the driver side, he has tried two different ones for the "S" model and he even tried one for the "I", they are all to long to bolt up, any sugestions?

Replacing the whole driver's side axle, right? Hard to fathom that a part is that hard to locate for a 2005
    Then have him get it from Mazda if all else fails. Or the wrecking yard. Is this the 4 cyl or the V-6?
    He is getting the parts thru a national parts dealer, they just don't fit, going by VIN the only make a few different ones and so far we have tried them all, We may have to go thru mazda,
    You have to be careful where you source CV joints. This is one of those cases where buying from the dealer might be cheaper in the long run. Some CV joint suppliers offer absolute junk.
    not sure what u mean by "whole driver side axle" but from the transmission out. not the ball joints.
    I think he means what we call an "axle kit" for one side.
    its a 6 cyl sedan, 6 speed auto.
    Yeah PF_Flyer the hole axel

I think he means what we call an "axle kit" for one side.

Sure, go all LINGO on me ;)

In any event, I'm surprised that there's difficulty finding a part for a see-em-all-the-time make/model.

edited December 2014
    Front left axle assembly, part # GD442560XB from Mazda, list price $340 bucks (ouch!).

Here's one for $143 from Mazda but there's also an $85 core charge which you get back, of course, once you give back the old part:

http://www.jimellismazdaparts.com/products/Mazda/2012/Mazda-6/CV-AXLE/9903860/GD662560XR0A.html

Here's another for $119:

http://www.atlantamazdaparts.com/p/Mazda_2006_MAZDA6/CV-AXLE/42621302/GD662560XR0A.html
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    A reporter is looking to get in touch with car owners who are waiting for replacement parts, etc. for their faulty Takata air bags. If you're an affected owner and you'd like to help, please reach out to pr@edmunds.com by no later than Monday, November 9, 2015.