Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Lease Questions

Comments

• savvyevesavvyeve Member Posts: 6
    Thanks again. Sorry but I have one more. Jeep grand Cherokee Laredo E, 4x4, v6, NJ, 3yr, 10k/yr.

Thanks so much!
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,057
    frcarnewb said:

Hi and thank you for all this great research info. Looking for the mf and rv for a 2015 Laredo and laredo altitude (not sure if thats considered the same thing). 4x4.  39/12. long island NY, Nassau or Suffolk county. same specs for a limited too please. Thank you!

Laredo and Altitude are listed separately, but have the same numbers - .00010 and 51% for 39/12

Limited - .00030 and 52%.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

plinden said:

Good morning and thank you for this great service. I live in Omaha, NE and am looking at the JGC Limited and Overland. We're not sure on term or mileage yet so could you please provide the MF & RV for a 36/39 month and 10/12k lease option? Also, can you comment on how these rates stack up against recent history and whether these will might hold into early next year? Many thanks.

4x4?

Limited - .00030 and 54% for 36/12

Overland - .00026 and 52%

Add 1% for 10K

No idea how this months numbers look against recent history, not can we predict what changes will happen in January.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

savvyeve said:

Thanks again. Sorry but I have one more. Jeep grand Cherokee Laredo E, 4x4, v6, NJ, 3yr, 10k/yr.

Thanks so much!

.00010 and 54% for 36y/10.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• plindenplinden Member Posts: 8
    Yes, sorry 4x4. Thank you for the information. Given I'm new to the leasing game, I don't know much about money factors. Most money factors I see reported are .00xx not .000xx. Websites advise to take it times 2,400 to get to an "interest rate" but that doesn't seem to apply as well here given I know the dealership isn't giving me a .624% interest rate. I know there's more to it than my simplified math, but was hoping for some clarification from the experts. Thank you again.
    plinden said:

Yes, sorry 4x4. Thank you for the information. Given I'm new to the leasing game, I don't know much about money factors. Most money factors I see reported are .00xx not .000xx. Websites advise to take it times 2,400 to get to an "interest rate" but that doesn't seem to apply as well here given I know the dealership isn't giving me a .624% interest rate. I know there's more to it than my simplified math, but was hoping for some clarification from the experts. Thank you again.

Actually, yes, the interest rate is that low. Not any different than 0% financing offers you see on TV.

I've seen MF as low as .00001.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• jerseymike3jerseymike3 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for this incredible service that you're providing.

Would really appreciate your advice for the following situation:

I'm looking at leasing a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4x4 (with 23P option package).  24 months at 12k miles/year, New Jersey area.  Dealer offer is $2000 down and $750 month.

Does that sound right to you?  Consistent with RV and MF for this vehicle?

Many thanks again, and Happy New Year.   
  • cfranc717cfranc717 Member Posts: 2
    Could you please provide RV and MF for JGC Laredo E 4x4, 36/39 months and 15k/18k miles/year for Iowa! Thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,175
    cfranc717 said:

Could you please provide RV and MF for JGC Laredo E 4x4, 36/39 months and 15k/18k miles/year for Iowa! Thanks

Not familiar with the Laredo E, but assuming it's a regular Laredo::

.00010 MF and 51%/49% for 36mo/39mo, 15K/yr.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• cfranc717cfranc717 Member Posts: 2
    Great! Thanks!

Thanks for this incredible service that you're providing.

Would really appreciate your advice for the following situation:

I'm looking at leasing a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4x4 (with 23P option package).  24 months at 12k miles/year, New Jersey area.  Dealer offer is $2000 down and $750 month.

Does that sound right to you?  Consistent with RV and MF for this vehicle?

Many thanks again, and Happy New Year.   

Seems real expensive, but the Overland has the worst numbers of any trim level - 24/12 numbers are .00017 and 60%

What are the MSRP and selling price?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• jerseymike3jerseymike3 Member Posts: 3
    MSRP is $49185. Selling is $43654.
  • vedro1981vedro1981 Member Posts: 2
    Can I take advantage of the Chrysler Affiliate Rewards Program and still negotiate a better price or is it better not to say anything about the program while negotiating?

Looking into possible leasing a 2015 Grand Cherokee Limited with Luxury package for 36 months with either 10 or 12K miles. Live in PA and was wondering what a good price would be for that vehicle?

$601.73/mo pre-tax for 24 months with those numbers.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

vedro1981 said:

Can I take advantage of the Chrysler Affiliate Rewards Program and still negotiate a better price or is it better not to say anything about the program while negotiating?

Looking into possible leasing a 2015 Grand Cherokee Limited with Luxury package for 36 months with either 10 or 12K miles. Live in PA and was wondering what a good price would be for that vehicle?

Don't know .. you'd have to check with the dealer

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• jsnyjsjsnyjs Member Posts: 9
    Just got a price of $519/month, 39 months at 10k for a Limited with Lux Group II and 20" wheels. I think I can probably get them down another $10-20 when I pick it up.

All taxes (7%) and fees rolled into that price, only out of pocket is the first months payment when I pick up the car.

MSRP is $45,285

Thoughts??

Greatly appreciate the feedback of this community.

Thanks
  • alib3alib3 Member Posts: 1
    Hi all,

I too am in the market to lease a 15 Cherokee Limited 4x4. Went into the dealer today and was given the following run down:

Sticker Price: $31,390
    Trade in put down: $2,640
    Monthly payment: $319
    39 month and $16,323 purchase price at end of lease

I'm a first timer and want to be sure I'm considering all of the factors but at first glance this doesn't seem like a bad deal. Any input or additional questions to ask would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Ali
  • gotgt3gotgt3 Member Posts: 114
    kyfdx said:
    Hello, looking for help/advice: 
    my wife and I recently had a baby and are looking at leasing a 2015 Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4.

OUR TRADE IN:
    a leased 2013 Range Rover Evoque. $32k left on it, been offered $35k on trades and by Range Rover to give it back (we put a lot down).

New Jeep Lease Terms(Ally):
    sticker $41,300 (In Illinois)
    $0 out of pocket, NOT paying first payment, or tax/title tag upfront (literally $0 down), just the equity on our Range Rover:
    $545/mo 36 month lease 12,000 miles per year.

is this a good deal? We didnt spend much time there, we had a payment we were looking to meet (and a fussy baby), and they met it. We did leave cause I really wanted to see if this deal could be lower.

PS, we'd love an Overland! Just want to be around $500 or less. 

All of of your help is much appreciated.
    $3000 down and $545/mo. doesn't seem all that great for a $41K Jeep.. Don't the tax laws for leases change in Illinois on January 1st?
    I had similar numbers in PA. If this seems high where are they taking € $ off the table? Curious...
    Trying to decide between Ltd vs overland vs the blackout version. As well as 2014 JGC VS 2015 JGC.
    Given current MF/residuals (I don't have them, wondering..) which would yield the better deal? Thoughts?

gotgt3 said:
    Trying to decide between Ltd vs overland vs the blackout version. As well as 2014 JGC VS 2015 JGC.
    Given current MF/residuals (I don't have them, wondering..) which would yield the better deal? Thoughts?
    PA. Likely 36/39 MO lease have a current JGC lease which ends soon...
    Which incentives were included?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,175
    gotgt3 said:

gotgt3 said:

Lease support has dried up for the 2014 model.

In the 2015 models, the Limited has the best numbers..

.00030 MF and 52% residual for 36/15, 50% residual for 39/15

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

jsnyjs said:

Just got a price of $519/month, 39 months at 10k for a Limited with Lux Group II and 20" wheels. I think I can probably get them down another $10-20 when I pick it up.

All taxes (7%) and fees rolled into that price, only out of pocket is the first months payment when I pick up the car.

MSRP is $45,285

Thoughts??

Thanks

Any thoughts?

Michaell said:
    Hey guys,
    Been on researching for the last few months and finally ready to lease a Grand Cherokee Altitude 4X4 in New Jersey. MSRP is $39,980, sale price $36,497, $469 month with $469 due at signing. Term is 39 months and 39000 miles. Do the numbers seem about right? Thanks in advance.
    .00010 and 52%. With your MSRP and selling price, I get a pre-tax payment of $408.48/mo. MF may be marked up, or there could be taxes and fees added into the selling pric
    kyfdx said:

gotgt3 said:
    Lease support has dried up for the 2014 model. In the 2015 models, the Limited has the best numbers.. .00030 MF and 52% residual for 36/15, 50% residual for 39/15
    Thank you! helps me narrow things down!
    jsnyjs said:

jsnyjs said:

MSRP is $45,285

Thoughts??

Thanks

Any thoughts?

What was the negotiated selling price?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

jsnyjs said:

jsnyjs said:

MSRP is $45,285

Thoughts??

Thanks

Any thoughts?

Did not negotiate selling price, just total monthly payment.
    Wound up at exactly $500 per month for Lux II/Nav/20" wheels MSRP of $45,885.

First month and $399 DMV fee due at signing so $899.

Picking it up tomorrow as the car was offsite and the lot is a union labored site and was closed today.

jsnyjs said:

Michaell said:

jsnyjs said:

jsnyjs said:

MSRP is $45,285

Thoughts??

Thanks

Any thoughts?

Did not negotiate selling price, just total monthly payment.
    Wound up at exactly $500 per month for Lux II/Nav/20" wheels MSRP of $45,885.

First month and $399 DMV fee due at signing so $899.

Picking it up tomorrow as the car was offsite and the lot is a union labored site and was closed today.
    Congratulations - enjoy your new car!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• kenhigkenhig Member Posts: 3
    Could you please tell me what the money factor, residual, cap cost and LEV should be for 2015 Jeep Grand Cherk Limited with an MSRP for a 39 month lease at 18,000 miles a year? Thank you very much.
    kenhig said:

Could you please tell me what the money factor, residual, cap cost and LEV should be for 2015 Jeep Grand Cherk Limited with an MSRP for a 39 month lease at 18,000 miles a year? Thank you very much.

4x4?

.00030 and 50% for 39/15.

Extra miles are charged up front - probably between .10-.25 per mile.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Just following up with some results. 

2015 JGC Overland, 4x4 with Advanced Tech package. 10k/39mo for $410 and had tinted windows thrown in. 

MSRP was $49,285. Ended up negotiating on monthly price vs. residual and MF, etc...

Appreciate  the forum's guidance 
    plinden said:
    Just following up with some results. 

2015 JGC Overland, 4x4 with Advanced Tech package. 10k/39mo for $410 and had tinted windows thrown in. 

MSRP was $49,285. Ended up negotiating on monthly price vs. residual and MF, etc...

Appreciate  the forum's guidance 
    Wow, $410 seems very low. Congrats on the deal!

Can you share more details ie; money down, taxes/fees included, etc. 
    Gosh, I'm sorry, I left out one very important detail that we traded a 2009 Pontiac G6 GT with 71k miles. Assumed value was $7k. Otherwise, no money down and taxes included in the $410 monthly price. First payment due at signing for $609 (includes dealer fee). 
    Enjoy your Jeep plinden!!

Still haven't picked mine up yet; probably not till tomorrow or Tuesday!
    plinden said:

Gosh, I'm sorry, I left out one very important detail that we traded a 2009 Pontiac G6 GT with 71k miles. Assumed value was $7k. Otherwise, no money down and taxes included in the $410 monthly price. First payment due at signing for $609 (includes dealer fee). 

How much of the $7K in trade equity was used for cap cost reduction?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thank you very much Michaell. Would you happen to know an expected CAP cost if the MSRP is $40,935? Thanks again.
    Michaell, I am not familiar with these boards. Sorry if I am not posting the best way. It is a 4x4.
    kenhig said:

Thank you very much Michaell. Would you happen to know an expected CAP cost if the MSRP is $40,935? Thanks again.

The cap cost starts as a negotiated figure (just as if you were buying instead of leasing), then can be modified up with up front taxes and fees, or down with a cap cost reduction (down payment).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

plinden said:

Not 100% sure although I believe all of it. I am not getting any cash back. The reason I don't have the specifics yet is because the car is being brought in from another state so I'm waiting to sign the papers until it's in. I hadn't asked otherwise. I do know the "sale price" was likely 1% below invoice (my company is a supplier) at $46.4K and the residual was 51%.

Given I haven't seen the final specifics, should I be aware of anything before I do go in and sign?
    plinden said:

Michaell said:

plinden said:

Not 100% sure although I believe all of it. I am not getting any cash back. The reason I don't have the specifics yet is because the car is being brought in from another state so I'm waiting to sign the papers until it's in. I hadn't asked otherwise. I do know the "sale price" was likely 1% below invoice (my company is a supplier) at $46.4K and the residual was 51%.

Given I haven't seen the final specifics, should I be aware of anything before I do go in and sign?
    We generally don't recommend that you use trade equity to buy down the payment ... if the car is stolen or totaled, you are out that money. $7000 over 36 months equates to almost $200/mo.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• gbarrinsgbarrins Member Posts: 1
    Michael - Located in NY (Queens) and looking for guidance on monthly lease payment / money down for a 2015 Grand Cherokee Limited (MSRP -$42K). Lease terms are 39 months at 7.5K miles per year. The buy back was $24K.
    Interesting, thanks for the feedback. This is my first lease so it's good to know all of these things.

Assuming we negotiate without the trade, I believe I'd be closer to $585/mo.

I made these assumptions.
    MSRP = $49,285
    Sale price = $46,440
    MF = .00026
    Residual = 53%
    Sales Tax = 7%

Would this be a good deal for the Overland or should I push them harder? We basically have a gentleman's agreement at this point and nothing is signed. I still plan to buy but I sense I can put myself in a better position with this new knowledge. Thanks
    gbarrins said:

Michael - Located in NY (Queens) and looking for guidance on monthly lease payment / money down for a 2015 Grand Cherokee Limited (MSRP -$42K). Lease terms are 39 months at 7.5K miles per year. The buy back was $24K.

Lease numbers for Chrysler expire today .... MF is .00030 and 53%.

We would need to know the net cap cost in order to model a payment.

Up front cash usually includes first payment, acquisition fee ($595), dealer fees (if any), taxes (optional - can be rolled into the cap cost), and DMV fees.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• jmcaleneyjmcaleney Member Posts: 27
    Hi I'm here in northern NJ looking at the 2015 jeep grand cherokee limited. Do any anybody know January MF and RV numbers are for a 36 or 39 months lease and 15k miles?

Thanks for you help in advance!
    jmcaleney said:

Hi I'm here in northern NJ looking at the 2015 jeep grand cherokee limited. Do any anybody know January MF and RV numbers are for a 36 or 39 months lease and 15k miles?

Thanks for you help in advance!

Chrysler numbers expire today ... January numbers should be available sometime later this week.

4x4?

.00030 and 52% (36/15) or 50% (39/15)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Quick update. Talked to the Finance manager and he said their rates are coming from Ally.

MSRP is $49,185
    Sell price is $45,967
    Trade balance is $6,500
    Rebates of $3,500
    Total "negotiated" price is $35,967
    Residual is 58% or $28,527
    My estimate on the MF is .0029, which is obviously a lot higher than Chrysler Capital.

If I remove the $6,500 trade amount, my monthly payment jumps from $410 to $608/mo.

Thoughts from anyone?
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    If you got a great lease deal in 2014, a reporter wants to talk with you. Please email PR@edmunds.com no later than Wednesday, January 7, 2015, and include your daytime contact info and the make and model you leased.
    plinden said:

Quick update. Talked to the Finance manager and he said their rates are coming from Ally.

MSRP is $49,185
    Sell price is $45,967
    Trade balance is $6,500
    Rebates of $3,500
    Total "negotiated" price is $35,967
    Residual is 58% or $28,527
    My estimate on the MF is .0029, which is obviously a lot higher than Chrysler Capital.

If I remove the $6,500 trade amount, my monthly payment jumps from $410 to $608/mo.

Thoughts from anyone?

$6500 trade equity works out to $180/mo on a 36 month lease, so the delta in payments your dealer is quoting seems about right.

.0029 MF is almost 7% interest .. which is as high as I've seen (all makes, all models). That is offset by the fairly high residual and big rebates.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Excluding the trade balance, when I modeled the payment with MSRP and sell price + the Chrysler Capital MF and Residual you provided (.00026 and 53%), I came up with approximately $570/mo vs, the anticipated $610/mo. Feels like I'm leaving quite a bit on the table.
    plinden said:
    Excluding the trade balance, when I modeled the payment with MSRP and sell price + the Chrysler Capital MF and Residual you provided (.00026 and 53%), I came up with approximately $570/mo vs, the anticipated $610/mo. Feels like I'm leaving quite a bit on the table.
    Yep i agree with you on that. $40/mo is almost $1500 over 36 months 

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• donniek1donniek1 Member Posts: 11
    edited January 2015
    Any word on new January info?

Any idea on a 2015 JGC Limited, 12k/36m in MA. thanks ($41500 sale price)