Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Warning lights - '01 Sequoia

wilnerwilner Member Posts: 34
edited December 2014 in Toyota
what's causes the "vsc/trac" warning light and "vsc off" indicator light come on and off, together with the "brake" warning light while i'm driving? thanks.

Comments

• thecardoc3thecardoc3 Member Posts: 5,742
    The VSC system is the Vehicle Stability Control system. When you combine the capabilities of your all wheel drive, and the antilock brakes the vehicle is capable of assisting you in remaining in control. Anything that compromises either of those systems and even some engine control issues can impact that systems ability to function so you get that warning on the dash.

A tech will have to start by connecting a scan tool and pull codes from all of the modules on the car. That will help identify which system needs serviced. Let us know what codes are setting and in which modules and then we would have a starting point.
  • wilnerwilner Member Posts: 34

The VSC system is the Vehicle Stability Control system. When you combine the capabilities of your all wheel drive, and the antilock brakes the vehicle is capable of assisting you in remaining in control. Anything that compromises either of those systems and even some engine control issues can impact that systems ability to function so you get that warning on the dash.

A tech will have to start by connecting a scan tool and pull codes from all of the modules on the car. That will help identify which system needs serviced. Let us know what codes are setting and in which modules and then we would have a starting point.

thanks.
    i scanned and no codes came out so i referred it to my mechanic friend and he adviced me to check the level of the brake fluid and i found out that it's on the minimum line so i refill it up to max level. luckily the indicator lights of "vsc/trac" and "vsc off" and the "brake" warning light won't come on anymore. and he adviced me to replace the brake pads maybe it's already worn out and that's the main cause why the brake fluid will go down or getting low. hope this will help others or give their suggestions too. thanks.