Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Astoria Ford Adds Vintage Touch to Showroom Mix | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited December 2014 in Ford
imageAstoria Ford Adds Vintage Touch to Showroom Mix | Edmunds.com

Astoria Ford of Oregon has a 1958 Ford F-100 truck and 1965 Ford Thunderbird in its showroom to appeal to customers and celebrate the brand's heritage.

Read the full story here

Comments

• reminderreminder Member Posts: 383
    Like that idea.
    Show them snot-nosed kids what stylish is all about.
  • fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,167
    Astoria eh, they should have Troy's red Mustang convertible on display (I wonder if anyone will get that).

The Honda dealer in the small town where my mother lives had an early 70s 600 in their small showroom for years.

• kokomojoekokomojoe Member Posts: 150
    Seen this in many dealers through the years
  • thebeanthebean Member Posts: 1,217
    Maybe a bad idea.  It will probably make buyers disappointed in what is a available for sale today when compared to the great designs of the classic cars of the past.  This is not directed at Ford - all American brands had so much better looking cars back then.  Now, most of the Japanese brands were a bit styling-challenged in the 60's & 70's, so a comparo would not be so bad as with the American brands.  Just my 2¥. 

Bean
    2015 Honda Accord EX, 2019 Honda HR-V EX
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    When I see those old cars in the showrooms, I immediately think "that's neat". Then I think about how lousy most of those old cars drove and how they didn't have airbags or any other safety features. My infatuation is always short lived.
  • thebeanthebean Member Posts: 1,217
    You have a good point.  Looking at and actually living with a car are different.
    2015 Honda Accord EX, 2019 Honda HR-V EX
  • omarmanomarman Member Posts: 2,702
    edited January 2015
    thebean said:

You have a good point.  Looking at and actually living with a car are different.

In the early 80's at the height of Chrysler's K car promotion there was a local Chrysler/Plymouth dealer who parked a lime green 1970 Superbird smack in the middle of the showroom facing the street traffic. Everybody gawked. It must have boosted showroom traffic a lot because it seemed to stay parked there for quite a while. Still, not many Superbird buyers when they were new. "If you can find a better car, buy it."
    A time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing.