Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

New York's Taxi of Tomorrow Program Kicks Off April 20 With Nissan NV200 | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited January 2015 in Nissan
imageNew York's Taxi of Tomorrow Program Kicks Off April 20 With Nissan NV200 | Edmunds.com

April 20 is the official start date for New York City's Taxi of Tomorrow program, with the Nissan NV200 minivan to replace most aging taxis as they are retired.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    melohormelohor Member Posts: 4
    these taxi are as ugly as the city bumpy road
  • Options
    robs249robs249 Member Posts: 8
    Ugh, oh great! These cabs are an eye sore in the city. They don't even offer start/stop technology, let alone a hybrid powertrain. Replace the old crown vics with Hybrid Fusions, even the C-max (which is already in service as a NYC Taxi) is a better option.
  • Options
    kokomojoekokomojoe Member Posts: 150
    I would be impressed if New York required US made taxes. a US city should have required US made product.
  • Options
    fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,169
    Given the corrupt reputation and reality of NYC, I am sure some palms were greased to make this happen.
  • Options
    airpowerairpower Member Posts: 28
    I doubt any of you have actually been in one of these new cabs. They are better than anything on the market currently from a passenger comfort and safety standpoint. My family of four seek these out as running with 3 in the back of a Crown Vic, Escape, C-Max, Camry or Prius is horrific. Only the limited number of Toyota minivans (Sienna?) and Ford Transits pass the test. I look forward to the percentage of NV200s increasing as soon as possible.