Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2015 Mitsubishi Outlander Prices Paid

PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
edited May 2015 in Mitsubishi

Comments

• Options
    sky23213sky23213 Member Posts: 300
    After 13 years of great service by our '01 Galant, we decided to go for a Mitsubishi again. Deep discounts on the Outlanders, we got additional 1000 loyalty. We decided to go a little over budget and went for the GT. Very happy with our '15 Outlander GT so far.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Congrats! What was your price before taxes?
  • Options
    fushigifushigi Member Posts: 1,459
    Congrats, sky!

I, too, went from a Galant to an Outlander though in my case it was from a '99 Galant LS that I had for 10.5 years/152K miles to a '10 Outlander GT. I've had the GT for 5 years/42K miles and it's been great. Really does well in the snow, especially since I just replaced the original tires.

I normally hold on to my cars for 8+ years but may trade in early depending on how much I like the plug-in hybrid Outlander that's due (well, overdue) next year.
    2017 Infiniti QX60 (me), 2012 Hyundai Elantra (wife)
  • Options
    Thanks, Steve and Fushigi.
    Fushigi, I remember from the other discussions that you had an older Galant too. Mine ran fine until I sold it to a friend; 198K, 13 years, never burned or leaked a single drop of oil. I just didn't want to go into another MN winter with it. I sold it to a very good friend who had helped me do maintenance on it so he knew he was getting a good runner. He had promised to call me to celebrate the 200K.
    Steve, I got the it for 26,390 - '15 GT with the Premium (leather/stereo) package; plus the Protection package, which we split with the dealer since I consider it one of the most ridiculous rip-offs in the "package" game. Unfortunately it was the only GT with the light (beige) leather available in the surrounding dealers, so I didn't push much. I also preferred to deal with this particular dealer due to good reputation (Luther Dealers). I also didn't really have much to go off of, since I could see around 2.5K in discounts online, while the dealer had 4.5K off before my 1K loyalty. MSRP clocked at around 32K, so 26,4K to me was more than fair for what I was getting. There isn't anything even close in that price range - a similar Subaru was going to be over 28K, the Hyundai SUVs have gone deep into BMW/Acura territory (38K for a Santa FE, seriously?).
    I looked yesterday and the same discounts were still there.
    Also, you get real 4WD (S-AWC they call it): four options: normal, eco-AWD (similar to the "real-time AWD on our CRV) Snow and Lock. Feel so much more solid in the snow than the CRV.
    I'm very happy, could go on forever. Will be happy to go into detail if anyone is interested.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Interesting, only four in stock here and they are all SEs. The loyalty bonus has dropped to $500 (here, anyway), and there's $1,500 in incentives. That's from the dealer site, so they may not have updated that info. Interesting too that only the GT has the "automatic" - the rest have CVTs.

And yeah, the 10 year warranty sucked people in to Hyundai and their reputation has soared. And so have their prices. Resale values are still lagging though.

Unless I start cruising the desert, I don't need the "real" 4WD - looking at the area that Luther serves, you can sure use it. B)

Looks like invoice is a bit over $30,000 so you really scored with your incentives and what not.

Oh, what color did you get to go with the beige leather?
  • Options
    Beige leather comes only with white, which wasn't our first choice. But the dark leather wasn't that appealing while white exterior is easy to like.
    Yes, GT is the only trim that lets you avoid the CVT. When we test-drove I wanted to see if the CVT "whines" as described in many sources. It was just as annoying as described so we decided to look at the GT, which comes with 3.0L engine and a standard transmission.
    Plenty of SE on the lots here. The only thing that totally bugged me was that a lot were loaded with Mitsu's packages, which are borderline ridiculous.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I like the white.
    sky23213 said:

The only thing that totally bugged me was that a lot were loaded with Mitsu's packages, which are borderline ridiculous.

That's where the profit is I guess although Honda is, if anything, worse the other way, offering few options. The dealer add-on packages are where the "pure" profit is. Not unique to Mitsu dealers though.

You're up on your Mitsubushis, but give a shout out to @fushigi if you do have questions - he's the resident Mitsu Guru here.

• Options
    grejuoutlandergrejuoutlander Member Posts: 1
    Two weeks into our '15 Outlander GT and could not be happier. Only options are trailer package and wheel locks. Could have done without the wheel locks but otherwise just the way we wanted it, don't need or want anything else. Used the sunroof three times in eight years on the Outlander we traded in. $23,900 for one of the last 15's equipped like this. Plus taxes and fees. Too many things on the '16's that I do not like, starting with the front end.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185

Two weeks into our '15 Outlander GT and could not be happier. Only options are trailer package and wheel locks. Could have done without the wheel locks but otherwise just the way we wanted it, don't need or want anything else. Used the sunroof three times in eight years on the Outlander we traded in. $23,900 for one of the last 15's equipped like this. Plus taxes and fees. Too many things on the '16's that I do not like, starting with the front end.

Congrats on the car!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    A reporter is looking to speak with car shoppers who recently purchased a truck or SUV instead of a coupe or sedan because they were influenced (at least in part) by today's low gas prices. If this sounds like your experience and you're willing to help, please contact pr@edmunds.com by no later than May 24, 2016.
  • Options
    Do you currently own a Mitsubishi vehicle? If so, a reporter would love to ask you a few questions. Please send a note to PR@edmunds.com by end of day Thursday, November 30 if you'd be willing to chat. Thanks!