Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Help! No crank no start and key stuck in ignition.

martin05xmartin05x Member Posts: 1
edited January 2015 in Cadillac
My 2004 Cadillac SRX v6 will not start nor crank and the key is stuck in ignition. Installed new battery and starter but the problem continues. There is no codes showing up other than an O2 censor. Radio turns on, dash is all on as it should but when I attempt to start nothing happens and key gets stuck, I have mess with the negative cable till I hear a hissing/whistle sound and get someone to start the vehicle. Cadillac wasn't even able to figure out the problem so now I'm here hoping someone might know what it might be.

Comments

• ray80ray80 Member Posts: 1,655
    If messing with negative cable causes a change I would start by take a closer look at it, or perhaps just changing it.
  • thecardoc3thecardoc3 Member Posts: 5,747
    Did you actually take it to the dealer to be diagnosed? A dealer technician would be able to diagnose this and most top independents would have no trouble with it either. The key getting stuck would have me connecting a scan tool (GM's TechII) and accessing the front control module and the rear integration module. The shift interlock functions are controlled by these modules based on networked inputs from the PCM and TCM.

As far as the no-start goes, was this a no-start would not crank before you replaced the battery and starter? Is the theft light flashing on the dash?
  • oldbunnyoldbunny Member Posts: 5
    martin05x - let's start from beginning I call as > Battery Power Loss <
    1. If you lose battery power or the Battery is disconnected or replace the Battery,
    2. Your Car Computer must be programmed.
    3. It takes just over 20 minuts to do it.
    4. If you want to do it yourself, here's is how:
    -------------------------------------------------------
    1. Apply the Parking Brake.
    2. Make sure the front wheels are straight.
    3. Turn off the Electronic Climate Control.
    4. Start the engine in PARK (P) and let it idle for 15 minuts and then:
    5. Put your foot on the brake pedal, shift the transaxle to OVERDRIVE (D) and let it idle for 3 minute or more.
    6. With the Car in Overdrive (D), turn the Electronic Climate Control to AUTO and let the engine idle for 3 minutes or more.
    7. Turn your engine off.
    8. Now your computer is programmed.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Since now the starter etc should work as normal but when the ignition (gold) key in stock, it means the PASS-II Anti thieft mode are activate so makes sure you using your good original key.
    Note: before you put the key in, your ignition will be in the LOCK position.. a this position locks your ignition, steeering wheel and transaxle, it's a Theft deterrent feature.
    If your Ignition Key seems stock in LOCK and you can't turn it, be sure it is all the way in.
    If it is, then turn the Steering wheel left and right while you turn the key hard.
    But turn the key only with your hand.
    Using a tool to force it could break the key or the igniotion switch.
    If none of this works, then your vehicle need service.

@just .. 1 cent..