Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Acura MDX Lease Questions

Comments

• badgerfan10badgerfan10 Member Posts: 1
    Can anyone tell me if this lease is a good deal: 2015 MDX SH-AWD with both the Tech and Entertainment package, 3 year lease/10K miles per year, MSRP is $51,960, Selling price is $49,114, LEV is 61%, money factor is .00154, base monthly rental is 614.01 before taxes. I live in the state of Wisconsin. Amount due at delivery is $1440.72. There is one additional fee that I can't figure out and that is the total taxes - despite their being a monthly use tax. We want to gte an MDX before the end of the year. Any help offered would be appreciated.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,175

Can anyone tell me if this lease is a good deal: 2015 MDX SH-AWD with both the Tech and Entertainment package, 3 year lease/10K miles per year, MSRP is $51,960, Selling price is $49,114, LEV is 61%, money factor is .00154, base monthly rental is 614.01 before taxes. I live in the state of Wisconsin. Amount due at delivery is $1440.72. There is one additional fee that I can't figure out and that is the total taxes - despite their being a monthly use tax. We want to gte an MDX before the end of the year. Any help offered would be appreciated.

If you look at the computer deal sheet, it will give a total tax number, even if it's collected monthly... that doesn't mean that it's added in anywhere.. it's just a line item.

Of course, if you pay anything upfront, that amount is taxed upfront, as it's not part of the payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• cpsccpsc Member Posts: 4
    I just received a call from my salesman and he says that Acura has started a "rollout program" - he wants me to trade in my 2012 MDX Tech (my lease ends May 2015) and they'll give me a new 2015 MDX Tech FWD for $555/month (tax, tags, doc fee and 1st month payment due at signing). This is in South Carolina and a 36 month lease with 10K miles/year.
    - Is this a good deal?
    - Thanks.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,057
    cpsc said:

I just received a call from my salesman and he says that Acura has started a "rollout program" - he wants me to trade in my 2012 MDX Tech (my lease ends May 2015) and they'll give me a new 2015 MDX Tech FWD for $555/month (tax, tags, doc fee and 1st month payment due at signing). This is in South Carolina and a 36 month lease with 10K miles/year.
    - Is this a good deal?
    - Thanks.

What is the MSRP and selling price?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• snapcasnapca Member Posts: 23
    kyfdx said:

Hi kyfdx,

Adjusted numbers.

MSRP 49040
    Sales Price 45500
    $0 down
    Upfront charges - dmv and taxes = 501.95

556.68 monthly
    50.10 sales tax (northern CA)
    606.78 monthly incl tax

Total due at signing 1108.73 (1st month + upfront fees)

Do these seem right to you? What's the residual % and MF?

.00120 MF and 59% residual.

Yes... looks like a very solid deal.
    Chunkalunk, I live in your neck of the woods and am looking at the same vehicle you quoted here. Would you mind sharing which dealership you went to, and did you end up taking these lease terms? Thanks!!
  • chilsinchilsin Member Posts: 13
    I received two offers for 2015 Acura MDX AWD Base lease 10K/36 in NJ
    1)sale price - 42973
    residual - 63%
    MF - 0.00120
    $465/month includes taxes
    down payment - $4000 includes dealer fees, MV fee and any apllicable taxes + 1st month payment. 
    Dealer is also taking care of remaining payment from my prior lease of $495

2) sale price, residual, MF same as above
    this vehicle was used by an executive and has 1400 miles.
    $3000 down which includes first month payment + fees + applicable taxes.
    $475/month includes taxes

please let me know whether either of this deal is good.
    chilsin said:

I received two offers for 2015 Acura MDX AWD Base lease 10K/36 in NJ
    1)sale price - 42973
    residual - 63%
    MF - 0.00120
    $465/month includes taxes
    down payment - $4000 includes dealer fees, MV fee and any apllicable taxes + 1st month payment. 

2) sale price, residual, MF same as above
    this vehicle was used by an executive and has 1400 miles.
    $3000 down which includes first month payment + fees + applicable taxes.
    $475/month includes taxes

please let me know whether either of this deal is good.

I addressed your questions in the other thread you posted in.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

edited January 2015
    For Northern CA, I received this offer. I looked at the numbers posted here by another user and these are too good to be true. What has the dealer not told me, or what additional info should I be asking? This is my first time leasing a car, please bear with me!

2015 AWD with Tech Package
    Selling price - $45,500
    MF - .00120
    RV - 10k/36mos is 62% ( $30,835); 12k/36mos is 61% ($30,338)
    Total due at signing - $1,056.51
    Monthly payments - 10K- $563.56; 12k- $577.96 (these are including tax)

Please let me know if this is a good deal, or if I'm missing something else. Thank you!!
    snapca said:

For Northern CA, I received this offer. I looked at the numbers posted here by another user and these are too good to be true. What has the dealer not told me, or what additional info should I be asking? This is my first time leasing a car, please bear with me!

2015 AWD with Tech Package
    Selling price - $45,500
    MF - .00120
    RV - 10k/36mos is 62% ( $30,835); 12k/36mos is 61% ($30,338)
    Total due at signing - $1,056.51
    Monthly payments - 10K- $563.56; 12k- $577.96 (these are including tax)

Please let me know if this is a good deal, or if I'm missing something else. Thank you!!

for 36/10, with your MSRP ($49,734) and selling price, I get a pre-tax payment of $498.96. Not sure of your tax rate, but 9% tax takes the payment to $543.87.

I suspect there are some fees being added in to the selling price that is raising the payment. Ask the dealer what the net cap cost is and how they got that number from the selling price quoted.

What is the breakdown of the $1056 due at signing?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thanks Michaell. I guess I was over optimistic. I have asked the dealer to provide a breakdown of his numbers as you suggested.

Is there a lease calculator you're using that you can share?
    snapca said:

Thanks Michaell. I guess I was over optimistic. I have asked the dealer to provide a breakdown of his numbers as you suggested.

Is there a lease calculator you're using that you can share?

I built mine in a spreadsheet. Here is an article at Edmunds that explains how to do it:

http://www.edmunds.com/car-leasing/calculate-your-own-lease-payment.html

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    If you got a great lease deal in 2014, a reporter wants to talk with you. Please email PR@edmunds.com no later than Wednesday, January 7, 2015, and include your daytime contact info and the make and model you leased.
  • gt3chasergt3chaser Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2015
    Hi,
    What is the MF and RV of Acura MDA base AWD 2015 for 36/10 ?
    Thanks
    gt3chaser said:

Hi,
    What is the MF and RV of Acura MDA base AWD 2015 for 36/10 ?
    Thanks

Acura numbers expire today... When we get the new program, it's possible that money factors will be state-dependent (they were last month).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• 03qx03qx Member Posts: 91
    Hi, Can you post the January Lease Numbers for the 2015 MDX Advance AWD. 36 Mo 15K for California.
    Thanks !!
    03qx said:

Hi, Can you post the January Lease Numbers for the 2015 MDX Advance AWD. 36 Mo 15K for California.
    Thanks !!

.00069 MF and 57% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• n171nn171n Member Posts: 34
    edited January 2015
    I'm being offered the following for the 2015 MDX AWD Base

36mo/10k miles lease

$459/mo incl tax
    $1557 due at delivery
    Incl: Cargo Cover, Wheel Locks, All Weather Mats
    63% Resid, 0.0012 MF

Good deal? How do I figure out the net cap cost?

n171n said:
    I'm being offered the following for the 2015 MDX AWD Base 36mo/10k miles lease $459/mo incl tax $1557 due at delivery Incl: Cargo Cover, Wheel Locks, All Weather Mats 63% Resid, 0.0012 MF Good deal? How do I figure out the net cap cost?
    Ask the dealer for it. Also need the MSRP to figure the payment. 

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• dyldyl Member Posts: 27
    Ok, so I learned the the MF is 0.00069 ... while i see different RV for 2015 MdX AWD 36/10.
    I was quoted 62% is it correct ?
    dyl said:

Ok, so I learned the the MF is 0.00069 ... while i see different RV for 2015 MdX AWD 36/10.
    I was quoted 62% is it correct ?

62% for AWD Tech. 63% for AWD base

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• larryb23larryb23 Member Posts: 41
    Any word on the new figures for 2015? I'm looking at the 2015 MDX AWD w/ Tech package. I have a lot of history with one dealer so can probably get it for about $500 over invoice or $46,800. I would like to know the MF & RV for a 36 mo lease using 12k and 15k. I live in CT but usually get the car in NY. If they are different, I'd like to know both. Are there any special dealer incentives going on? Three years ago when I leased my TL they had $1,500 dealer incentive as well as $1,000 in flex cash to use in the deal. Do they still charge the $595 "destination" fee? Is it a fair assumption that MF & RV are set in stone and don't change (assuming same state) from dealer to dealer? Thanks!
    larryb23 said:

Any word on the new figures for 2015? I'm looking at the 2015 MDX AWD w/ Tech package. I have a lot of history with one dealer so can probably get it for about $500 over invoice or $46,800. I would like to know the MF & RV for a 36 mo lease using 12k and 15k. I live in CT but usually get the car in NY. If they are different, I'd like to know both. Are there any special dealer incentives going on? Three years ago when I leased my TL they had $1,500 dealer incentive as well as $1,000 in flex cash to use in the deal. Do they still charge the $595 "destination" fee? Is it a fair assumption that MF & RV are set in stone and don't change (assuming same state) from dealer to dealer? Thanks!

36/15 residual is 59%. Add 2% for 12K. Cannot be altered.

MF is .00059, but the dealer can mark that up for extra profit.

$595 is the acquisition fee for leases.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited January 2015
    Is Money Factor regional? I just found out that our Northern CA dealer is giving .00069 MF and 60% residual for 12k/36 mos. Is this legit or a markup on their side? Acura incentive's MF is .00059. Why did the residual go down 1 percent?

ETA: the dealer just told me that there are two incentives zones, and Northern CA falls into the .00069 MF zone. Even if he tried to lower it to .00059, Acura wouldn't fund him. Is there any truth to this? He claims he can show me the bulletin from Acura to prove this.
    snapca said:

Is Money Factor regional? I just found out that our Northern CA dealer is giving .00069 MF and 60% residual for 12k/36 mos. Is this legit or a markup on their side? Acura incentive's MF is .00059. Why did the residual go down 1 percent?

ETA: the dealer just told me that there are two incentives zones, and Northern CA falls into the .00069 MF zone. Even if he tried to lower it to .00059, Acura wouldn't fund him. Is there any truth to this? He claims he can show me the bulletin from Acura to prove this.

.00069 is the base MF.. .00059 is only good for Zero down, Zero due at signing lease.

Residuals typically decrease as the year goes on... of coure, it's balanced out by a lower money factor this month.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

What is the January MF and residual for 2015 MDX AWD Base in NJ?
    chilsin said:

What is the January MF and residual for 2015 MDX AWD Base in NJ?

.00069 and 60% for 36/15.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thank you. What is the residual for AWD base 36/10?
    chilsin said:

Thank you. What is the residual for AWD base 36/10?

Add 3% to the residual for 10K miles per year.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Just got offered this lease deal for Northern CA. Please advise if you think it is good.

2015 MDX SH-AWD with Tech Package
    MSRP - $49735
    Selling Price - $45000
    Net cap cost - $45029 ($29 dmv electronic registration fee)
    RV - 60%
    MF - .00069
    Mileage - 12k/36 months
    Monthly payments - $514.99
    Tax rate - 8.25%
    Due at signing - $1661.80 ($515 1st month + $595 acq fee + $80 doc fee + $60 DMV taxes on doc fee and acq fee + $411 DMV fees)

Someone posted on another thread that the .00069 Acura Incentive MF is for $0 due at signing - even acquisition fee waived. This dealer and another one refused to waive off that fee. Anybody else managed to get Acq fee waived off? or gotten a lower selling price?
    snapca said:

Just got offered this lease deal for Northern CA. Please advise if you think it is good.

2015 MDX SH-AWD with Tech Package
    MSRP - $49735
    Selling Price - $45000
    Net cap cost - $45029 ($29 dmv electronic registration fee)
    RV - 60%
    MF - .00069
    Mileage - 12k/36 months
    Monthly payments - $514.99
    Tax rate - 8.25%
    Due at signing - $1661.80 ($515 1st month + $595 acq fee + $80 doc fee + $60 DMV taxes on doc fee and acq fee + $411 DMV fees)

Someone posted on another thread that the .00069 Acura Incentive MF is for $0 due at signing - even acquisition fee waived. This dealer and another one refused to waive off that fee. Anybody else managed to get Acq fee waived off? or gotten a lower selling price?

With your numbers, I'm getting $513.09/mo with tax. Pretty close to your offer.

I think I may have confused you earlier. In reviewing the documentation again, the .00059 MF is the one available for $0 due at lease signing deals - which means that the acquisition fee, among other things, are rolled into the cap cost.

.00069 is the "base" MF for the MDX this month.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Do you think the deal is good? Can I do better? (The ever elusive question, "can I get a lower rate?")
    snapca said:

Do you think the deal is good? Can I do better? (The ever elusive question, "can I get a lower rate?")

The only way to get a better deal is to negotiate a lower selling price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thanks Michaell! We ended up getting the lease at 45k selling price. 2015 MDX AWD w/ Tech Package. 4 other dealers outright rejected any price below $45500, and while I could have pushed hard for a $44600 selling price, I ran out of steam. Oh well, I don't regret it (also, no buyer's remorse period in CA!). I'm really glad that I did not bite on a lease 3 days ago when MF was higher. My procrastination ended up saving me $1800 over 3 years!

Car is being delivered today and we're excited as this is our first ever lease. This forum and everyone's input has been invaluable in our negotiations. :) Thank you!
    @ snapca - that's an AMAZING price! How did you get that?!?!?! My research has shown me the dealers invoice on that car is $46,800. Am I missing something? Are there any dealer incentives going on? I've always been a hard negotiator and usually end up paying about $500 over invoice which I considered solid but now I'm rethinking my negotiating skills....ha ha ha.
    larryb23 said:

@ snapca - that's an AMAZING price! How did you get that?!?!?! My research has shown me the dealers invoice on that car is $46,800. Am I missing something? Are there any dealer incentives going on? I've always been a hard negotiator and usually end up paying about $500 over invoice which I considered solid but now I'm rethinking my negotiating skills....ha ha ha.

Eh, I will always wonder if I could have done better. Price could be a regional thing, although I'm in Bay Area, CA - land of "everything is priced 30% higher". Dealer invoice on AWD w/ Tech is 46,800 MINUS their holdback of nearly $1000. No other incentives that I'm aware of. I was laughed out of 3 large Acura dealerships for suggesting anything below $46k. I started looking up all dealers within 100 miles, large and small, and emailed all their sales managers. 2 small dealers were the only ones willing to negotiate near the $45k selling price mark, but wouldn't go below that. I just chose the one closest to me to close the deal. FWIW, the next lowest price I received was $45,800 included destination. Use that number.

Email negotiations helped me pit one dealer against another; maybe you can try that too? I've seen that smaller dealerships are usually willing to bend a bit more than larger ones.

Good luck!!
    Thanks, appreciate the insight. I've been driving an Acura since 1991 and do the same thing putting dealers against eachother and my closest dealership usually ends up matching the best price. I'm in the NY area, so prices are usually high here as well. I didn't know about the 1k in dealer holdback, so that's good to know. With the invoice at $46,800 minus the 1k you still went lower to get to the 45k which IMO is very impressive...Congrats! My lease is up next month so I have some time to negotiate. Thanks again.
  • robo77robo77 Member Posts: 6
    could i please get the mf and residual in florida for a 2015 acura mdx fwd base model no tech etc
    3 yr/36,000 mile lease
    edited January 2015
    Snapca, phenomenal deal! Was that 45k lease price inclusive of freight and sales tax?

Could I please get the MF/RV in PA for the base AWD 36mo/10k miles $0 down?
    n171n said:

Snapca, phenomenal deal! Was that 45k lease price inclusive of freight and sales tax?

Thank you!! $45k was including destination charge of $920 (freight?). The monthly payment of $515 is inclusive of 8.25% tax rate. Nothing else added to the net cap cost, only selling price. Based on suggestions from the moderator here. I had them take out acq fee and doc fees from their cap cost which was pushing my monthly up higher; I figured I'd rather pay these fees as due-at-signing than being taxed on them monthly.
  • dino1975dino1975 Member Posts: 14
    Just got offered this lease deal for NYC. Please advise if you think it is good.
    2015 MDX SH-AWD base
    MSRP - $45695
    Selling Price - $42685
    Net cap cost - $43.280($595 bank fee)
    RV - 62%
    MF - .00069/1.656%
    Mileage - 10k/36 months
    Monthly payments - $465.00 with out tax
    With $2198 out of pocket (includes: 1st month, taxes, dmv) registration not included.

edited January 2015
    dino1975 said:
    Just got offered this lease deal for NYC. Please advise if you think it is good. 2015 MDX SH-AWD base MSRP - $45695 Selling Price - $42685 Net cap cost - $43.280($595 bank fee) RV - 62% MF - .00069/1.656% Mileage - 10k/36 months Monthly payments - $465.00 with out tax With $2198 out of pocket (includes: 1st month, taxes, dmv) registration not included.
    You should be able to bring the selling price down a bit... I've been offered $459 with $1500 down in pa all inclusive
    snapca said:

n171n said:

Thank you!! $45k was including destination charge of $920 (freight?). The monthly payment of $515 is inclusive of 8.25% tax rate. Nothing else added to the net cap cost, only selling price. Based on suggestions from the moderator here. I had them take out acq fee and doc fees from their cap cost which was pushing my monthly up higher; I figured I'd rather pay these fees as due-at-signing than being taxed on them monthly.
    Since this is a business lease, I think it's in my best interest to do 0$ down. Not sure if any of the readers here have experience with business leases and deductions
  • dino1975dino1975 Member Posts: 14
    Is the numbers right .
    robo77 said:

could i please get the mf and residual in florida for a 2015 acura mdx fwd base model no tech etc
    3 yr/36,000 mile lease

.00069 and 62%.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

n171n said:

Could I please get the MF/RV in PA for the base AWD 36mo/10k miles $0 down?

.00069 and 62%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

dino1975 said:

Just got offered this lease deal for NYC. Please advise if you think it is good.
    2015 MDX SH-AWD base
    MSRP - $45695
    Selling Price - $42685
    Net cap cost - $43.280($595 bank fee)
    RV - 62%
    MF - .00069/1.656%
    Mileage - 10k/36 months
    Monthly payments - $465.00 with out tax
    With $2198 out of pocket (includes: 1st month, taxes, dmv) registration not included.

36/10 residual should be 63%. Base MF is being used.

I'm getting $452.29 with the 63% residual. $465/mo with 62% residual - spot on with your dealer quote.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• jomcgrjomcgr Member Posts: 5
    Would you please let me know the money factor and residual % for a 2015 MDX SH-AWD W/TECH in Pennsylvania? Also, do you happen to know the PA lease tax rate %? Thanks very much.
    oh 36/10 and 36/12 please...
    jomcgr said:

Would you please let me know the money factor and residual % for a 2015 MDX SH-AWD W/TECH in Pennsylvania? Also, do you happen to know the PA lease tax rate %? Thanks very much.

jomcgr said:

.00069 and 61% for 36/12

add 1% for 10K

I've heard the tax rate is 9% in PA, 10% if you live in Pittsburgh.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

jomcgr said:

jomcgr said:

.00069 and 61% for 36/12

add 1% for 10K

I've heard the tax rate is 9% in PA, 10% if you live in Pittsburgh.

Awesome thank you very much but a dealer told me tonight that 12k = 60% & 10k = 61% is he bs'ing me?

Thank you very much for your guidance!