Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Fuel Economy for December - 2015 Ford Mustang GT Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited January 2015 in Ford
imageFuel Economy for December - 2015 Ford Mustang GT Long-Term Road Test

Our 2015 Ford Mustang GT has a 5.0-liter V8 that's rated at 19 mpg. How did we do our first month?

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    jeepsrtjeepsrt Member Posts: 88
    "Current Odometer: 5,160 miles------Mike Magrath, Features Editor @ 670.9 miles". So how many miles are on the car??? I doubt you have already put 5,160 miles on it in so little time.
  • Options
    sxty8stangsxty8stang Member Posts: 58
    Geezus you guys drive the piss out of your cars. I've had my 2011 Mustang GT for 3.5 years and driven it 60,000 miles, including multiple track touring sessions at Road America and another track, and I've never gotten a tank worse than 18 MPG. Never. I don't baby the car and have plenty of fun, but you guys apparently drive around at 5,000+ RPM at all times.
  • Options
    rotaryboffrotaryboff Member Posts: 12
    Holy cow I've averaging 17.4 mpg with a 50:50 urban:highway mix on my 2015 (same specs as yours). Must have been the Christmas shopping girdlock...BTW I think your hood is out of alignment. You can fix that by twirling the bumpers under the front of the hood.
  • Options
    ebeaudoinebeaudoin Member Posts: 509

Geezus you guys drive the piss out of your cars. I've had my 2011 Mustang GT for 3.5 years and driven it 60,000 miles, including multiple track touring sessions at Road America and another track, and I've never gotten a tank worse than 18 MPG. Never. I don't baby the car and have plenty of fun, but you guys apparently drive around at 5,000+ RPM at all times.

Keep in mind they are based in Santa Monica, CA. Lots of city traffic.
  • Options
    allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878
    At 670 miles this is still a very tight, green engine. Gas mileage will improve as the engine breaks in.
  • Options
    sxty8stangsxty8stang Member Posts: 58
    ebeaudoin said:

Keep in mind they are based in Santa Monica, CA. Lots of city traffic.
    I get it...and I drive in traffic too. But I've never had a tank of gas remotely like theirs, even the tanks with 45+ mins of racetrack driving on them!