Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 Volkswagen Passat TSI Long-Term Road Test | Wrap-Up

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited January 2015 in Volkswagen
image2014 Volkswagen Passat TSI Long-Term Road Test | Wrap-Up

Our long-term test of the 2014 Volkswagen Passat TSI is complete after one year and 21,050 miles.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ironman443ironman443 Member Posts: 3
    21,050 miles and no issues is pretty impressive, especially considering VWs reputation.
  • Options
    darthbimmerdarthbimmer Member Posts: 606
    I'd be interested to see more of an analysis comparing the total cost of ownership of the TSI vs. the TDI. When the diesel's higher purchase price, (often) higher cost of fuel/gallon, and higher mileage/gallon, plus any noted difference in maintenance costs are all added together, which one's the winner?
  • Options
    tunisjstunisjs Member Posts: 5
    im a very happy driver of a cpo 2013 passat s 2.5: totally reliable, fast and worthy. yes, i know the 2.5 is regularly panned in the automotive press but i chose it over a cpo 2014 1.8t after extensive test drives because i didnt feel much difference for the $4k i saved by choosing the 2.5. the 1.8t in a jetta however is a starkly better choice. i found the passat tdi with dsg to be almost dangerous around town with its turbo lag, plus an expensive 40k service.