Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Chevy Traverse Stabilitrak/Traction Control problems

Comments

• Options
    scaredmommascaredmomma Member Posts: 1
    I too bought a 2011 traverse last winter. I was so excited about my new family car. Wednesday, the same problem happened to me, the service stabilitrak, service traction control and reduced engine speed came on with no notice. Luckily, I was on a neighborhood side street taking my kids to school. I called to setup an appt to have a Chevy dealer look at it but after turning it off while filling the tires up the lights all went off. Called back to see if they still wanted to see it and they said no because it must have just been a sensor... Appt canceled. Thursday drove with no problems. Now today, Friday, I hop on the expressway in Chicago traffic and bam right as I am merging, ding ding and my car just revs and won't get up past 40 mph, all the same service lights came on. So scary! I have my little kids in the backseat and terrified to pull over on the side of the Eisenhower, slowly get to the next exit as I pray we won't get rear ended. Call as soon as i make it home for another appt and the first time any Chevy dealer near me has open is 4 days from now. Looks like we will be parked at home for the next 4 days. It really frustates me that we bought this "reliable family vehicle" that I am now scared to drive my family in. It's even worse now seeing everyone else here having the exact same issues and nothing is being done for us. 
  • Options
    gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    We're sorry to hear of the experience you and your family went through this past week, scaredmomma. I would be more than happy to look into this for you and communicate with the dealership about this matter. If you would send us your VIN, contact info and dealership name through the private message, we will look into this further.

Marlea W.
    GM Customer Care
  • Options
    buggyfam4buggyfam4 Member Posts: 1
    I own a 2009 and just experienced the same thing, but not the loss of power. This really scares me since I do quite a bit of driving on the freeway with my children in California. That is all I need to lose power and a driver too close behind me and it causes an accident due to Los of speed quickly.  I read that others said there was a recall on the 2010 models. Anything for the 2009 models? Our extended warranty is up. Would it help to call those phone numbers others have listed or just take to the dealership? I also wonder if it is easy enough for my husband to just fix it himself. Has anyone fixed it them self since it was not under a recall or warranty?  Thanks
  • Options
    Buggyfam4, we certainly want you and the children to feel safe in your car. We can look into some possible options for you if you like. Feel free to reach out to us via private message with your VIN, current mileage and contact information. In addition, there are some great resources here on the forum which may be able to assist with more information. We look forward to assisting you. Have a great day.

Marlea W.
    GM Customer Care
  • Options
    dollydalton23dollydalton23 Member Posts: 1
    My wife had the same situation happen this morning with 4 kids in the vehicle. She was on the way to school when the warning lights flashed for a second then the vehicle began to shake and lose power while on a busy road. She was barely able to get off the road before the vehicle caused an accident. She called me crying and scared to death. The vehicle is en route to the dealership now, but not with confidence after reading all the posts here. I have already contacted GM via the email address I read here to discuss the options. I think enough is enough and GM needs to back their product before someone gets seriously injured or even killed. I'm in the public safety business so I know many legal representatives that would love to jump on board if GM doesn't want to do the right thing with this issue. If the 2010 Traverse had a recall and now MANY 2011 have the same issue obviously the manufacture is not doing its job in providing a safe vehicle for the roads.
  • Options
    Hey Dollydalton23,

I am truly sorry for this! Please contact us again at socialmedia@gm.com ATTN: Patsy, and I will be sure to look into this further on our end. Also, since there was an accident, can you please provide the date of the incident including your VIN, the current mileage, contact information and what dealership the vehicle is currently at? I look forward to your response!

Patsy G
    GM Customer Care
  • Options
    jkbyrnesjkbyrnes Member Posts: 2
    So today my wife got the dreaded "stabilitrak/park assist" error. In the last 3 months, the car has had the pressurized ac line go out, the drivers seat heater go out and a 02 sensor go out. Car also has the lovely whine/growl out of the steering rack. 2010 Traverse LTZ, $43K new, car has been such a disappointment that I am seriously considering this being my last GM product. The pleather seating surfaces are atrocious and now, the Navigation system has quit working as well. I have filed a complaint with the NHTSA in regards to the stabillitrak, and contacted the attorney in charge of the class action lawsuit on the steering noise/steering rack. I seriously hope any and all of you who have the stabilitrack issue also file a complaint with the NHTSA. GM's track record of taking ownership of problems with their product is abysmal. I will update once I spend more of my hard earned money to replace yet another faulty component on this wonderful vehicle.
  • Options
    jkbyrnes said:

So today my wife got the dreaded "stabilitrak/park assist" error. In the last 3 months, the car has had the pressurized ac line go out, the drivers seat heater go out and a 02 sensor go out. Car also has the lovely whine/growl out of the steering rack... has been such a disappointment that I am seriously considering this being my last GM product. The pleather seating surfaces are atrocious and now, the Navigation system has quit working as well...GM's track record of taking ownership of problems with their product is abysmal. I will update once I spend more of my hard earned money to replace yet another faulty component on this wonderful vehicle.

We'd like to look further into your concerns if possible, jkbyrnes. Your loyalty is very important to us and we hate to learn you've had a poor experience with your Chevy Traverse. Please send your VIN, contact information and dealership name via private message. We hope to hear from you soon.

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care

• Options
    jkbyrnesjkbyrnes Member Posts: 2
    Thank you Amber, PM sent.

As for the Stabilitrak issue, no codes showed on the computer, so Classic Chevrolet kindly (no sarcasm intended) did not charge me for the diagnostic. I will continue to update this post if/when the problem escalates or is resolved, hope this info helps.
  • Options
    jkbyrnes said:

Thank you Amber, PM sent.

As for the Stabilitrak issue, no codes showed on the computer, so Classic Chevrolet kindly (no sarcasm intended) did not charge me for the diagnostic. I will continue to update this post if/when the problem escalates or is resolved, hope this info helps.

Great! I'll be responding shortly, jkbyrnes.

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care

• Options
    chevyownerokchevyownerok Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2014
    Add me to the list. Wife taking the kids to school in rush hour at 65 MPH stabilitrack flips and 2012 traverse shifts to 15 MPH. I guess someone else has to die. I think if we organize socially we will find people who have had accidents and that will finally get these vehicles fixed. 
  • Options
    rangard59rangard59 Member Posts: 1
    Same thing happened to me yesterday with my 2012 LT2 Traverse with 47000 miles, the three warning lights and loss of power. I cleaned my throttle body and unhooked the battery over night.
    I drove it today about 10 miles and no problems. I will report later if it reoccurs.
    Also 2 months ago I had problem with the security light coming on and my car would not start ,until I kept turning the key then it would start, each day it kept getting worse, so I had a non GM service station look at it and they suggested putting in a new ignition switch, that solved the problem, but with all the ignition switch recalls, there was none for the Traverse.
  • Options
    bmg2002bmg2002 Member Posts: 1
    I currently own a 2012 Chevy Traverse LTZ and yesterday the engine reduced power, service stabilitrak and traction control off lights came on. I was able to pull off the road and read my owners Manuel and did exactly what it said to leave engine off for 15 seconds. I have noticed over the past couple of weeks my throttle seems to stick. Is there any advice anyone can offer on this issue? 
  • Options
    Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter would like to speak to a owner of a car that has had a recall issued, and would like to share their feelings on the high number of recalls that have been issued this year. If you'd like to share your story with a reporter, please contact pr@edmunds.com no later than Tuesday, 12/23 at 1 p.m. PT/4 p.m. ET.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Options
    bmg2002 said:

I currently own a 2012 Chevy Traverse LTZ and yesterday the engine reduced power, service stabilitrak and traction control off lights came on. I was able to pull off the road and read my owners Manuel and did exactly what it said to leave engine off for 15 seconds. I have noticed over the past couple of weeks my throttle seems to stick. Is there any advice anyone can offer on this issue? 

bmg2002,

Are there any specific driving conditions where you notice this happens? If this matter persists you may want to stop into your local Chevrolet dealership for an inspection. We'll gladly contact your dealership and work towards a resolution if interested. Just message us your VIN, full contact information, mileage, and preferred dealership. We can also be reached via email at socialmedia@gm.com. Happy holidays and we hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you,
    Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
  • Options
    rangard59 said:

Same thing happened to me yesterday with my 2012 LT2 Traverse with 47000 miles, the three warning lights and loss of power. I cleaned my throttle body and unhooked the battery over night.
    I drove it today about 10 miles and no problems. I will report later if it reoccurs.
    Also 2 months ago I had problem with the security light coming on and my car would not start ,until I kept turning the key then it would start, each day it kept getting worse, so I had a non GM service station look at it and they suggested putting in a new ignition switch, that solved the problem, but with all the ignition switch recalls, there was none for the Traverse.

We can also further investigate this matter, rangard59. If you're interested in working with a certified Chevrolet dealership we can contact them on your behalf and explore a plan of action. Please keep us posted, and if any issues should arise feel free to private message us your VIN, contact information, and preferred dealership name. We're happy to help.

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
  • Options
    dreynolds2012dreynolds2012 Member Posts: 1
    So is the light that everyone is referring to a yellow light that looks either like an engine or pump? I had it start flashing tonight after our movie and am kind of disturbed about what I have been reading here as I am pretty certain that I am beginning to have the same things happen here.
  • Options
    ray80ray80 Member Posts: 1,655

So is the light that everyone is referring to a yellow light that looks either like an engine or pump? I had it start flashing tonight after our movie and am kind of disturbed about what I have been reading here as I am pretty certain that I am beginning to have the same things happen here.

If its 'just' the check engine light then it is likely something else, however a flashing (not steady) light indicates something pretty important and should be looked at right away

• Options
    thecardoc3thecardoc3 Member Posts: 5,747
    A flashing check engine light indicates the PCM is detecting a misfire that will damage the catalytic convertor(s). You should not be driving the car when the light starts flashing. It doesn't take very long to do permanent damage to the catalyst when the misfire is occurring under the right conditions.
  • Options
    kdtraversekdtraverse Member Posts: 1
    Just to add another incident. We have a 2012 Traverse and the same thing has happened twice. This time the vehicle was close enough to a dealer that it could be brought right in. The last time everything reset after it was turned off and started again.
    I called the dealer that we purchased it from and they claim the have not heard about this issue. Maybe corporate is not telling them about this issue which is all over the internet in different group with people having the same issue.

Hopefully it will not take a death or serious injury to get this listed as a recall.
  • Options
    chris433chris433 Member Posts: 1
    dscott180 said:

Similar to others, the "Service Stabilitrak/Reduced Engine Power" issue happened with my 2011 Traverse. I read this forum and the TraverseForum.com. After reading similar stories over and over again, I found a unique pattern.

When the Stabilitrak Error occurs at the same time as the Parking Assist Error, then it is most likely a wheel sensor problem that is easily corrected with a good cleaning. I took the car to the local car wash and gave it a good washing, including washing away all dirt and muck from the wheel wells. Now the traction control system is working fine and the error messages have gone away.

• Options

Just to add another incident. We have a 2012 Traverse and the same thing has happened twice. This time the vehicle was close enough to a dealer that it could be brought right in. The last time everything reset after it was turned off and started again.
    I called the dealer that we purchased it from and they claim the have not heard about this issue. Maybe corporate is not telling them about this issue which is all over the internet in different group with people having the same issue.

Hopefully it will not take a death or serious injury to get this listed as a recall.

I believe the 'reduced engine power' message can come up for various reasons, not just one common one, makes it difficult to come up with 'a fix' .

At least the engine stays running and allows you to limp to the side of the road instead of stalling in the middle of the road and creating serious safety issue.
  • Options
    scalami44scalami44 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2011 chevy traverse LT with 49,000 miles. My daughter was driving back from college a few weeks ago and while on Interstate 90 going 65 mph, the"traction control off, service stabilitrac, service traction control" message appeared and the car went into "reduced engine power" mode and would only drive 15 MPH! She had it towed to a dealer who told her they couldn't look at it for a few days. After reading some of the above posts, I told her to restart car and and try to drive around dealership to see if she could get up to a higher speed. It worked and she finished to long ride home, going 55 mph and driving in the slow speed lane. The problem happened again, but once again, after she sat on side of road for a while, she restarted and was able to make the final journey home. The next day, we brought it to the dealership and they charged $539 to fix the problem which they said was the throttle body. The dealership said it was not covered under the factory powertrain warranty. It sounds like this is a common problem that Chevy should step up and address. I bought this car as a third car for my kids to have at college and right now, I don't feel safe letting them drive it
  • Options
    nalloconalloco Member Posts: 1
    On my way to work this morning, with my 16 month old son in the back seat, my wonderful POS 2011 Chevy Traverse LT decided that the traction control would shut off, the stabilitrack would shut off, and oh yeah, my engine power would be reduced. So as I am driving along at 60 MPH, my vehicle decides its time to only go 15!!! Luckily, nobody was behind me. Had I been in rush hour traffic, I would have been the cause of a MAJOR accident in the snow and ice. This is completely unacceptable and I will not settle for me having to come out of pocket for any repair. This is a serious safety issue. I was driving on a flat smooth road, no bumps no nothing, and then all of a sudden this wonderful piece of garbage that chevy produced decided it didnt want to run up to speed anymore. GARBAGE!!! I have already filed a complaint with NHTSA and will not stop until chevy and GM do something about this. There are 5 pages of complaints of the same issue, and thats just on this site...that is unacceptable for GM to just sit back and read and kindly comment on them without taking action!! FIX IT before someone gets seriously hurt or killed!!! I will be trading my traverse in today, IF I can make it to a dealership. I promise it wont be on another GM! NEVER AGAIN GM!!
  • Options
    lukeliulukeliu Member Posts: 2
    Oooo, Dear! In past three days I faced 2 times of this "stabilitrak, traction control off and reduced engine power" with my 2011 Equinox in the snow! Horrified me indeed. After going through all the chat here, I have no idea how to proceed even dealership told me in call that probably the throttle need to be replaced, I just worry so much what if this thing happen again on the road?
  • Options
    keckertkeckert Member Posts: 2
    Well a quick Google search led me to this forum. I had the same issue, the car basically stalled going up a hill, all the bells and whistles going off. I limped to a Firestone and they replaced the throttle body and sensor last night to the tune of $585. A quick chat with Chevy and they said to contact my local dealer and request reimbursement since it should be covered under my Powertrain warentee. I'm not getting my hopes up.
  • Options
    keckertkeckert Member Posts: 2
    Well, my local dealer said the part is NOT covered. I filed a complaint like the above poster.
  • Options
    btrautmanbtrautman Member Posts: 4
    2011 Traverse same problem with traction control and limp mode.  No parking assist error.  Purchased Bosch new throttle body for $180.00. Gasket from dealer for 5.70. Installed new throttle body And used relearn procedure.  Truck runs perfect.

bob

• Options
    Well truck ran perfect until today.  Traction message flashes off and then turns itself back on a second later.....not sure to look at next.  Problem greatly reduced with throttle body replacement but not totally eliminated.

• Options
    btrautman said:

Well truck ran perfect until today.  Traction message flashes off and then turns itself back on a second later.....not sure to look at next.  Problem greatly reduced with throttle body replacement but not totally eliminated.

Have you gotten it scanned to see what code comes up?

• Options
    lukebraydenlukebrayden Member Posts: 1
    I have had the same problem as all of you! The 1st time I was able to drive it to the dealer without much problem. They told me it was just dirty and charged me about $60. The next time, I was on the interstate and lost power and was travelling at under 10 miles per hour. I got to the dealer and it said that the cylinder 3 had misfired 38 times. They changed the throttle body and performed idle learn procedure. The light has not came back on but it still does not shift correctly. I am really concerned about the misfiring 38 time. Any thoughts?
  • Options
    kbfisherkbfisher Member Posts: 9
    edited January 2015
    Our 2010 Traverse LT (85k miles) just tossed up the Stabilitrac alarms yesterday, 1/13/15. My wife was driving city streets at the time. I drove it on the highway but the alarms didn't show. However, the check engine light was on. I replaced the air filter (only 30k old) and while in there noticed a caramel colored goo inside the intake hose just before the butterfly valve. Wiped that out of there and put everything back together. Checked tranny fluid, it was ok. Added about a QT of Dex-Cool to the coolant system recovery tank. Wife reported no alarms or engine light this morning. Fingers crossed.
    Purchased this vehicle new and she loves it. I'm not into spending thousands on repairs that show back up time and again. 3 strikes and we'll be trading.
  • Options
    kbfisher said:

Our 2010 Traverse LT (85k miles) just tossed up the Stabilitrac alarms yesterday, 1/13/15. My wife was driving city streets at the time. I drove it on the highway but the alarms didn't show. However, the check engine light was on. I replaced the air filter (only 30k old) and while in there noticed a caramel colored goo inside the intake hose just before the butterfly valve. Wiped that out of there and put everything back together. Checked tranny fluid, it was ok. Added about a QT of Dex-Cool to the coolant system recovery tank. Wife reported no alarms or engine light this morning. Fingers crossed.
    Purchased this vehicle new and she loves it. I'm not into spending thousands on repairs that show back up time and again. 3 strikes and we'll be trading.

Did the vehicle also have the reduced engine power message after the CE light showed up with stabilitrack light following? I have seen elsewhere some have had success using throttle body cleaner (proper method) and having CE light (with throttle body code) go away along with reduced engine power message
  • Options
    kbfisherkbfisher Member Posts: 9
    Hey ray80,
    Yes, it had the message that you stated. I don't know what that goo was that I found but I know it's not susposed to be there. Maybe we got lucky. Will keep forum posted.
  • Options
    Update on throttle body replacement.  Used brake cleaner to clean air intake tube to throttle body as well as maf sensor.  No more problems.  
    Bob

• Options
    ashef4ashef4 Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2015
    Hey everyone. I have a 2013 Chevy traverse and the same thing happened. Took it to autozone to have hooked up to their computer (which Chevy doesn't recommend) and the code came up to fix the accelerator pedal position sensor which is connected to your gas pedal. So I replaced the pedal with sensor which was $100 part and no problems since. That was this past Friday and I've made two long road trips since. Hope this info helps :) 
    Let me add I took it to Chevrolet to have done (takes about 30min) and they never got to it. Dropped it off at 730 am and picked it back up at 4pm. Then come to find out they never even got the part I told them I wanted replaced which I made the appointment 2 days prior. Frustrated with Chevy. Thinking about selling my traverse and buying a different car. They wanted to diagnose themselves and charge me extra when I told them NO DONT DIAGNOSE. FIX WHAT I TOLD YOU TO FIX. I KNOW WHAT I WANT DONE. They tried that throttle body crap and I told them I wasn't paying to have that fixed when it hasn't been a success for anyone else. 
  • Options
    lukeliulukeliu Member Posts: 2
    lukeliu said:

Oooo, Dear! In past three days I faced 2 times of this "stabilitrak, traction control off and reduced engine power" with my 2011 Equinox in the snow! Horrified me indeed. After going through all the chat here, I have no idea how to proceed even dealership told me in call that probably the throttle need to be replaced, I just worry so much what if this thing happen again on the road?

just come back to report the latest status, dealer placed throttle body for me -and the car so far so good. The cost is zero since it was covered my one year certificate warranty.
  • Options
    grahamchrissymgrahamchrissym Member Posts: 1
    Same problem here.... to add fuel to the problem at hand my 2011 Traverse will now not lock. So sick of paying the dealer and mechanic for nothing. Recall them already
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    If you are a parent of young children (at least one under 12 years old) who owns a Chevy Traverse (2013 – 2015), a reporter would like for you to fill out a survey for use in a print publication. Click here for the survey http://tinyurl.com/o8uzder
  • Options
    hulinhulin Member Posts: 7
    2011 Traverse. 1/25/15. Daughter and was driving my SUV with her 2 young kids (8 and 3) and another adult. It was dark, they were on a busy highway (I-71 at 275 in Cincinnati). It was raining and roads were slick due to freezing temps. Traction control warning came on and vehicle suddenly lost acceleration. Luckily, they were able to throw on the hazard lights and make it to the shoulder without being struck by another vehicle. Turned it off, then back on. Would not accelerate past 45. They pulled over again and called us. We had them pull off again, turn off, and leave off for 5 minutes. Once they re-started, were able to accelerate normally and make it home. We googled the problem and were surprised to find this has been happening for YEARS. I immediately emailed the socialmedia@gm.com address that was listed in an earlier post. Have not heard back yet. I also went to the NHTSA website (safecar.gov) and posted the complaint (there were already 196 others about the same issue). At that site, you can also register to be notified of any recall on your vehicle. Lastly, I found Mary Barra's Twitter account (She is the CEO of GM) (@mtbarra) and tweeted her directly (no response yet). This way, no one can say they were not aware of the issue. If I do not hear back from GM, I will continue to attempt contact.
  • Options
    bhm007bhm007 Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2015
    2012 Traverse LT with 54K miles. Same story. Wife was driving down the freeway at 70MPH and all of a sudden the stabilitrac/power loss defect occurs. Terrifying for our young kids and only by the grace of God did she manage to get to the side of the road safely. Once she found a safe place to stop she turned off the car and then restarted. Problem still existed. Had to limp home at 25MPH for 20 miles!!!!

GM - THIS IS A HUGE SAFETY ISSUE. YOU ARE GOING TO GET SUED (AGAIN) BECAUSE SOMEONE IS EVENTUALLY GOING TO GET KILLED BY THIS DEFECT.

The car has gone to the dealership today and we are awaiting the diagnosis. I will not accept the throttle body repair as being sound since it doesn't seem to have permanently resolved the issue for many others. GM has to know what is wrong with this stabilitrac system... they just don't seem to be stepping up like they were happy to do when they took my money 2 and a half years ago. Sadly, we love the Traverse and have had no other issues at all, however, if GM don't fix this issue permanently the car will be sold and my next car will not be a GM. The GM products with this issue are a major safety hazard.

I will update after my conversations with the dealership. If they try to charge me for anything I will have to take it up with Chevy and GM corporate.
  • Options
    hulin said:

2011 Traverse. 1/25/15. Daughter and was driving my SUV with her 2 young kids (8 and 3) and another adult. It was dark, they were on a busy highway (I-71 at 275 in Cincinnati). It was raining and roads were slick due to freezing temps. Traction control warning came on and vehicle suddenly lost acceleration. Luckily, they were able to throw on the hazard lights and make it to the shoulder without being struck by another vehicle... I immediately emailed the socialmedia@gm.com address that was listed in an earlier post. Have not heard back yet... Lastly, I found Mary Barra's Twitter account (She is the CEO of GM) (@mtbarra) and tweeted her directly (no response yet). This way, no one can say they were not aware of the issue. If I do not hear back from GM, I will continue to attempt contact.

We'll definitely look out for your email, hulin. We recognize this was a frightening situation, and we're glad to hear your daughter and grandchildren are safe. If you'd like to send us your VIN and email address via private message on the forum we'll gladly look more into your concern.

Thank you
    Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
  • Options
    bhm007 said:

2012 Traverse LT with 54K miles. Same story. Wife was driving down the freeway at 70MPH and all of a sudden the stabilitrac/power loss defect occurs. Terrifying for our young kids and only by the grace of God did she manage to get to the side of the road safely. Once she found a safe place to stop she turned off the car and then restarted. Problem still existed... I will update after my conversations with the dealership. If they try to charge me for anything I will have to take it up with Chevy and GM corporate.

We look forward to your update, bhm007. If there is anything we can do to help with this situation please don't hesitate to contact us via private message. We're also available via email at socialmedia@gm.com. Please be sure to include the VIN, full contact information, servicing dealership, and screen name.

Thank you
    Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
  • Options
    berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    I can't understand why people are spending big bucks to buy these things if they want to own them for the long haul. How many model years has this been a problem now? Amazing.
  • Options
    misse426misse426 Member Posts: 1
    Add me to the list... same issue. Driving down the interstate at 70mph and all of a sudden got reduced engine power, stabilitrack issues, traction control off messages WITH NO WARNING. Was in the passing lane trying to pass, and had zero acceleration. Glad I didn't have a semi behind me. I have a 2011 traverse with ~68K miles. They are presently replacing my throttle body unit (out of my pocket). I have an extended warranty, and am out $250 bucks. I called the service center (per the guidance above) and got my 71#. I spent 45 minutes of my life on a worthless conversation, and am still going to be out 250 bucks...glad that my 3 year old and I didn't get smeared on the highway. I'm a little afraid to keep this vehicle to be honest. Just had a co-worker tell me that her 2011 Tahoe interestingly enough had the exact same issue, exact same milage, exact same fix. GM needs to step up and make this right...especially given there was a recall on the 2010 models. Hope no one is on the wrong side of losing power and flowing traffic!
  • Options
    misse426 said:

Add me to the list... same issue. Driving down the interstate at 70mph and all of a sudden got reduced engine power, stabilitrack issues, traction control off messages WITH NO WARNING. Was in the passing lane trying to pass, and had zero acceleration. Glad I didn't have a semi behind me. I have a 2011 traverse with ~68K miles. They are presently replacing my throttle body unit (out of my pocket). I have an extended warranty, and am out $250 bucks. I called the service center (per the guidance above) and got my 71#. I spent 45 minutes of my life on a worthless conversation, and am still going to be out 250 bucks...glad that my 3 year old and I didn't get smeared on the highway. I'm a little afraid to keep this vehicle to be honest. Just had a co-worker tell me that her 2011 Tahoe interestingly enough had the exact same issue, exact same milage, exact same fix. GM needs to step up and make this right...especially given there was a recall on the 2010 models. Hope no one is on the wrong side of losing power and flowing traffic!

We definitely recognize this was a frightening situation, misse426. If you would like for us to document your concerns on file, please send your VIN, mileage, and contact information via private message.

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
  • Options
    paulkaripaulkari Member Posts: 3
    So this is all starting to freak me out. I just got home after my 2011 Chevy Traverse died on the highway during rush hour. Not exactly a fun experience, especially since we just had a major snow storm and it's 1 degree outside! I got a ride home and am waiting for the car to be towed to the dealership. If this costs me several 100 to fix, that will be a disaster. I'm really irritated that it seems like Chevy knew about this? Same thing happened to me. Rear camera not working (I thought it was the snow, sand); stability light came on; then completely lost power. I was able to limp to an exit and then to a safe parking lot at about 5mph. Lovely. What is being done about what is obviously a known problem? And btw, this is the 4th time in 11 months that my traverse has had a serious problem!!!!!!! Water pump, power steering, brakes, and now this. I'll never buy another one!
  • Options
    oh and now I'm dealing with a tow company that doesn't seem to know what they are doing. yea
  • Options
    And yes. Same issue and response as everyone...sigh....going to be $500 plus to repair. Apparently this isn't covered by the Powertrain warranty. I have to ask. If Chevy / GM knows this is an issue for so many, why hasn't there been a warranty recall ?
  • Options
    msatterfieldmsatterfield Member Posts: 2
    Add my Travers to the list. 2011 w/73K...just came on a few days ago. Also shows the ABS light and that my all-wheel drive isn't working - which is kind of important now that we are in middle of winter and I have two small children. Not confident that I can take it to the dealer, spend the $80 for them to hook it up to the computer and possibly not find out what is wrong (after reading these similar situations).