Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

What does everyone think about these Astro vans? Looking to get one.

ihatemy04frstrihatemy04frstr Member Posts: 7
edited January 2015 in Chevrolet
Could anyone give me any advice on these astro vans? I don't have much knowledge on these vans but am seeing a lot that have a ton of miles. Are they good running vehicles?

Answers

• carandetccarandetc Member Posts: 22
    used to drive one, great car, very specious and easy to maintain.

but watch out when you turn, they are on the higher side, and i dont know how many times I ended up on 2 wheels:)
  • ihatemy04frstrihatemy04frstr Member Posts: 7
    What about the engine? How long did you have your astro? How many miles?
  • carandetccarandetc Member Posts: 22
    Engine was good, little noisy but no issues, bought it with 76k miles, had it for a year. I drove 6k miles, sold it with 82k miles. mpg was 10-15

BTW What is wrong with your 04 forester :)?
  • UNKAJOESPLACEUNKAJOESPLACE Member Posts: 1
    I've had 2 and think GM crazy for not making them anymore. They are just the right size and comfortable. I gave one to my my and bought the second. He locked up the one I gave him and sent that one to the BONEYARD. I have just started to have some issues with my second (140K mis) since I haven't been driving it daily. The mechanic I have doesnt get right on it and it continues to sit. All in all if ya find a good one grab is my opininon.
    Obviously, the age of these vans are phazing themselves into the ASTROZONE (nobody wants to work on them).