Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Detroit Auto Show: 2016 Chevrolet Volt (FAQ) | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited January 2015 in Chevrolet
image2015 Detroit Auto Show: 2016 Chevrolet Volt (FAQ) | Edmunds.com

Launching the second generation of the ground-breaking Chevrolet Volt plug-in hybrid, General Motors engineers have delivered 30 percent more electric driving range, quicker acceleration, less weight and more refinement.

Read the full story here

Comments

• geoffhinesgeoffhines Member Posts: 1
    No. It's like a longer version of a Prius but the hood was sit on by a elephant. Meh.
  • nuievenuieve Member Posts: 43
    This looks even cheaper than the Dart. Jesus Christ...
  • jeffinohjeffinoh Member Posts: 156
    I was so excited that the restyled Volt would lose the strange side window sill and gain the coke bottle shape of the next Cruze. Not sure I like the result. Maybe it'll grow on me. I like the 50 mile electric only range, but I'd probably choose the 2015 with its price incentives. Maybe gen III will give the best of both worlds.
  • joepawlickijoepawlicki Member Posts: 7
    Chrysler 200 look alike
  • cjasiscjasis Member Posts: 274
    I definitely see the Chrysler 200 and Dart comparison but to my eyes it also looks an awful lot like the current Toyota Corolla.
  • airpowerairpower Member Posts: 28
    How Many Body Styles and Trim Levels Are There?
    As with the first-generation model, the 2016 Chevrolet Volt is available...in a single, well-equipped trim level. Features such as leather seats, navigation and electronic driver aids are grouped in a few options packages.

That's not correct. The 2016 Volt will be available in LT and LTZ trims. Go to Chevy.com for the details of each package.
  • lions208487lions208487 Member Posts: 240
    This car may look like a cross between the 2015 Corolla and current Dart, but my understanding is that was intentional. Should rack up even more sales then the previous gen, and I would easily take it over the Prius or C-Max, and definitely over the current i3. After gov tax credit, this will as affordable as a loaded EX-L Civic which costs around 26K.
  • evodadevodad Member Posts: 135
    how is there NOTHING on the 'detroit auto show' page that has any info about the GT?

Since this is a volt article. I'm liking the new styling, still wishing something would have closer to 100 miles and a range extender though
  • mn_test347_mn_test347_ Member Posts: 2
    Looks like a cross between a Focus and a Dart - should be called Chevrolet Fart.
  • patinthecitypatinthecity Member Posts: 40
    Nobody finds inspiration in the Dart. All your comments are moot because you don't recognize that. Lame [non-permissible content removed] blog followers.
  • benson2175benson2175 Member Posts: 68
    Wow they really went all out on the grey plastic in the interior.
  • xuxutyyxuxutyy Member Posts: 1
    Tesla must love competitors like this. Ah, old GM. They know how to make a cheap looking car. Interior really seems a typical GM. Exterior reminds me of a Honda Electric car... I forgot the name of that junk.
  • nbrittonnbritton Member Posts: 1
    Striking resemblance to the Kia Forte