Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

It's Too Quiet - 2015 Ford Mustang GT Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited January 2015 in Ford
imageIt's Too Quiet - 2015 Ford Mustang GT Long-Term Road Test

Quiet exhaust in the Edmunds long-term 2015 Ford Mustang GT.

Read the full story here

Comments

• cjasiscjasis Member Posts: 274
    Silly that a Mustang GT doesn't sound right. I get the world market thing but how hard is it to have two sets of axelback exhausts for Ford. If you're selling a pony car... it needs to sound like a pony car.
  • sxty8stangsxty8stang Member Posts: 58
    Ehhh, a huge majority of the enthusiasts that buy a Mustang ends up buying exhaust for it anyway, so this isn't a new thing with the 2015. I am surprised, however, they didn't have an optional, selectable mode exhaust like Chevy has on the Vette and Camaro.
  • joner800joner800 Member Posts: 80
    The Mustang exhaust note was what got me into cars as a kid. This is disappointing. I have seen a few of the 2015s on the road, but haven't noticed them being quiet or loud as most have been stationary. I hope you're wrong. For all that is still good and holy, I hope you're wrong...
  • misterfusionmisterfusion Member Posts: 471
    ...On the other hand, the neighbors like you again.
  • nedmundonedmundo Member Posts: 33
    I've tested a new Mustang GT, and I noticed this issue after driving about 200 feet. I told the salesman it was too quiet, but I probably wouldn't mind the muted exhaust note on road trips. At least it's an easy fix.
  • desmoliciousdesmolicious Member Posts: 671
    dw_fit1 said:
    Edmunds, you have to get that and test it out.

• bigbirdwpgbigbirdwpg Member Posts: 1
    I did the h-pipe resonator delete and got rid of the sound tube, sounds great now outside the car and is quiet on the highway. Easy fix.
  • jzach402jzach402 Member Posts: 1
    A good compromise would be the MRT H pipe resonator delete with stock mufflers. To me the sound is just right like a V8 should, cost less than axle backs, loose some weight, and most of all you don't loose the respect of your neighbors! Love mine (2016 GT PPP).
    "Good health is wealth"