Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Acura MDX Lease Questions

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,570
    jomcgr said:

Michaell said:

jomcgr said:

Would you please let me know the money factor and residual % for a 2015 MDX SH-AWD W/TECH in Pennsylvania? Also, do you happen to know the PA lease tax rate %? Thanks very much.

jomcgr said:

oh 36/10 and 36/12 please...

.00069 and 61% for 36/12

add 1% for 10K

I've heard the tax rate is 9% in PA, 10% if you live in Pittsburgh.

Awesome thank you very much but a dealer told me tonight that 12k = 60% & 10k = 61% is he bs'ing me?

Thank you very much for your guidance!

A dealer can't play with the residual. Maybe this model has Tech and Entertainment? Those residuals are 1% lower.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• jomcgrjomcgr Member Posts: 5
    I had the car today to drive around for a couple of hours and when I went back I confirmed and then challenged the numbers and the sales manager got very irate telling me that a 2015 SH-AWD, Tech, 12k, has a residual of 60%.... he even wrote it on my papers. This is jacking the price up above where I need to be. What is really interesting is that the internet manager whom I originally worked with a week or so back on the deal sent me an email that 12k=61%. The manager I worked with today said he was "dead" wrong. Oh man what to do.... not sure if I should ask for his manager or just go to another dealer. Well see. ;)

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,902
    jomcgr said:

I had the car today to drive around for a couple of hours and when I went back I confirmed and then challenged the numbers and the sales manager got very irate telling me that a 2015 SH-AWD, Tech, 12k, has a residual of 60%.... he even wrote it on my papers. This is jacking the price up above where I need to be. What is really interesting is that the internet manager whom I originally worked with a week or so back on the deal sent me an email that 12k=61%. The manager I worked with today said he was "dead" wrong. Oh man what to do.... not sure if I should ask for his manager or just go to another dealer. Well see. ;)

I'd go to another dealer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• marcthespotmarcthespot Member Posts: 14
    Hi all, I just got back from the dealer that they offered me the following.
    2015 Acura MDX SH-AWD w/ Technology Package
    2900 Down includes first month payment + fees + applicable taxes.
    $539 p/month
    12K miles

They said the MSRP is $49,650
    MF is .0064 and Residual is 63%

Is this a good deal? I really like the car and of course want to get the best possible deal.
    Thanks
  • n171nn171n Member Posts: 34
    Hi all, I just got back from the dealer that they offered me the following. Location: Long Island, New York 2015 Acura MDX SH-AWD w/ Technology Package 2900 Down includes first month payment + fees + applicable taxes. $539 p/month 12K miles They said the MSRP is $49,650 MF is .0064 and Residual is 63% Is this a good deal? I really like the car and of course want to get the best possible deal. Thanks
    What is the net cap cost?
  • marcthespotmarcthespot Member Posts: 14
    Not sure, I didn't ask =/
  • larryb23larryb23 Member Posts: 41
    n171n said:

$539 p/month
    12K miles

Is this a good deal? I really like the car and of course want to get the best possible deal.
    Thanks

I was under the impression that MF should be .00059 & Residual 61% for 12k in the NY Metro area.... is this still accurate?? I've learned that you don't negotiate on lease payment, just negotiate the actual purchase price and then put your numbers in to calculator (http://www.leaseguide.com/calc/) get your monthly payments.

larryb23 said:

n171n said:

$539 p/month
    12K miles

Thanks

I was under the impression that MF should be .00059 & Residual 61% for 12k in the NY Metro area.... is this still accurate?? I've learned that you don't negotiate on lease payment, just negotiate the actual purchase price and then put your numbers in to calculator (http://www.leaseguide.com/calc/) get your monthly payments.

I confirm the 61% residual for the AWD w/ Tech for 36/12.

The .00059 MF is for $0 due at signing leases.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• aboss3aboss3 Member Posts: 9
    Just leased a 2015 MDX AWD + Tech for $497/mo 20k mi/year for 36 mo with $5,200 trade-in due at signing. The negotiated vehicle price was $45,284.

Good deal, bad, average?
    aboss3 said:

Just leased a 2015 MDX AWD + Tech for $497/mo 20k mi/year for 36 mo with $5,200 trade-in due at signing. The negotiated vehicle price was $45,284.

Good deal, bad, average?

What was the MSRP? How much of the $5200 was used as cap cost reduction?

Whoa, 20K per year? That will do a number on the residual value.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

aboss3 said:

Good deal, bad, average?

Seems like a great deal to me. Moderator, can you tell us the Dealers Invoice price for this car? Are there any dealer incentives going on now or holdbacks?
    larryb23 said:

aboss3 said:

Good deal, bad, average?

Seems like a great deal to me. Moderator, can you tell us the Dealers Invoice price for this car? Are there any dealer incentives going on now or holdbacks?
    Use the pricing tool at the top of the page - make / model / year - to get MSRP, invoice and TMV pricing.

Use the "car research" tab to link to current customer incentives.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• asadhasadh Member Posts: 13
    Could you please share the numbers for 2015 MDX AWD Advance Entertainment package, 36/12 and 36/10? I am in Northern Virginia.

I got this from one dealer:

10k, 59% RV MF .00069
    12k, 58% RV MF .00069
    asadh said:

Could you please share the numbers for 2015 MDX AWD Advance Entertainment package, 36/12 and 36/10? I am in Northern Virginia.

10k, 59% RV MF .00069
    12k, 58% RV MF .00069

I confirm the .00069 MF, but the 36/12 residual for the MDX AWD with Adv + Ent packages is 59%; 60% for 10K.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

asadh said:

10k, 59% RV MF .00069
    12k, 58% RV MF .00069

I confirm the .00069 MF, but the 36/12 residual for the MDX AWD with Adv + Ent packages is 59%; 60% for 10K.
    Thank you for confirming. I am new to leasing, is the residual value something negotiable or this is something set by Acura and cannot be changed? If not then reducing the capital cost is probably best strategy.
    asadh said:

Michaell said:

asadh said:

10k, 59% RV MF .00069
    12k, 58% RV MF .00069

Thank you for confirming. I am new to leasing, is the residual value something negotiable or this is something set by Acura and cannot be changed? If not then reducing the capital cost is probably best strategy.
    Residual is set by the bank (AFS) and cannot be modified. You are getting the base MF, so you can't do better there. Only way to lower the payment is to negotiate more off the sticker price. Every $1000 equates to about $28/mo savings.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• aboss3aboss3 Member Posts: 9
    Michaell said:

aboss3 said:

Good deal, bad, average?

What was the MSRP? How much of the $5200 was used as cap cost reduction?

Whoa, 20K per year? That will do a number on the residual value.

The MSRP was $49,970. I was able to negotiate MSRP down to $45,284. The buy-out at the end of lease is listed at $27k.
    edited January 2015
    Michaell, does this offer pricing calculation appear correct in PA?

2015 AWD Base 36mo/10k + Cargo Cover, Mats, Wheel Locks. Net Cap Cost: $41,535
    a) Due on Delivery: $1500, MF: 0.0069, Monthly (35 months): $454 incl tax
    b) Due on Delivery: $0, MF: 0.0059, Monthly (35 months): $495 incl tax

The dealer hasn't given me a further breakdown to understand how much the net cap cost is the cost of those accessories + installation.

Thanks
    n171n said:

The dealer hasn't given me a further breakdown to understand how much the net cap cost is the cost of those accessories + installation.

Thanks
    I agree with the MF's being used, but we need to know the MSRP in order to model a payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

I used the feature on this site to compare dealerships in my area for prices on a 2015 MDX SH-AWD w/ Technology. One dealership came in way lower (44,825) than the rest but when I spoke to the manager, it seemed like she didn't know what she was talking about. We agreed that the MSRP was $49,960. I then asked for the MF and she said .00069. I asked about the .00059 and she said that was not for the Northeast. Fine...I can live with the small difference although I think that is BS. I asked what the residual (36mo/15k) was and she said $32,474. I replied that it didn't seem right as I thought it should be 59%. She said it's .58 which made no sense to me if she's insisting on $32,474. I then asked for any additional fees and she said Destination fee of 895 & other fees (bank fee, DMV, etc) totaling $867. I added these costs in to my calculator and came up with adjusted cap cost of 46,587 but she says I'm wrong and it should be 47,308. Am I crazy here or does this seem like a bait & switch scenario???

IMO a lease should be straight forward if you have an agreed purchase price, MF, residual and all fees rolled in.
    larryb23 said:

I used the feature on this site to compare dealerships in my area for prices on a 2015 MDX SH-AWD w/ Technology. One dealership came in way lower (44,825) than the rest but when I spoke to the manager, it seemed like she didn't know what she was talking about. We agreed that the MSRP was $49,960. I then asked for the MF and she said .00069. I asked about the .00059 and she said that was not for the Northeast. Fine...I can live with the small difference although I think that is BS. I asked what the residual (36mo/15k) was and she said $32,474. I replied that it didn't seem right as I thought it should be 59%. She said it's .58 which made no sense to me if she's insisting on $32,474. I then asked for any additional fees and she said Destination fee of 895 & other fees (bank fee, DMV, etc) totaling $867. I added these costs in to my calculator and came up with adjusted cap cost of 46,587 but she says I'm wrong and it should be 47,308. Am I crazy here or does this seem like a bait & switch scenario???

IMO a lease should be straight forward if you have an agreed purchase price, MF, residual and all fees rolled in.

If you're not comfortable with the numbers you are getting, it may be time to reach out to a new Acura dealer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

That's exactly what I was thinking. Am I correct that the residual is set by Acura (59% for 36/15) & won't change based on region? Also, does every dealer charge the $895 destination & 595 bank fee?
  • wawa1wawa1 Member Posts: 9
    Could I get a MF and residual of 2015 MDX with Advanced package in Minnesota, also how much sell price should I start for negotiation ?
    thanks
    wawa1 said:

Could I get a MF and residual of 2015 MDX with Advanced package in Minnesota, also how much sell price should I start for negotiation ?
    thanks

.00069 MF and 57% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• wawa1wawa1 Member Posts: 9
    How about 12k ? Any ideas how much discount I could ask ?
    wawa1 said:

How about 12k ? Any ideas how much discount I could ask ?

Add 2% for 12K/yr.

Others are reporting prices paid in this discussion:
    http://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/19029/acura/mdx/2015-acura-mdx-prices-paid-and-buying-experience#latest

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

larryb23 said:

That's exactly what I was thinking. Am I correct that the residual is set by Acura (59% for 36/15) & won't change based on region? Also, does every dealer charge the $895 destination & 595 bank fee?

Residual values are set by Acura and are nationwide.

Every dealer is obligated to charge the acquisition (bank) fee and the destination.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

n171n said:

Thanks
    I agree with the MF's being used, but we need to know the MSRP in order to model a payment.
    MSRP being used is $45,685

thanks. Please let me know.
    n171n said:

Michaell said:

n171n said:

Thanks
    MSRP being used is $45,685

thanks. Please let me know.
    I'm getting $402.78+tax with the numbers supplied, so $454 looks a bit high ... what is the tax rate?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:
    I'm getting $402.78+tax with the numbers supplied, so $454 looks a bit high ... what is the tax rate?

The pricing above is from a dealership in NJ ... although I live in Bucks County, PA where the sales tax rate is 6.00%. Income tax is 3.07%.
    n171n said:

Michaell said:

The pricing above is from a dealership in NJ ... although I live in Bucks County, PA where the sales tax rate is 6.00%. Income tax is 3.07%.

If I apply 6% tax to the $402.78 payment, I get $426.95. Still lower than the $454 quote you got.

Have the dealer sharpen their pencil and explain to you how they got to that payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

I was offered following deal in VA.

2015 AWD w/Tech 36mo/10k + Running Board, Mats, Side Molding
    MSRP: $49,960
    Net Cap Cost: $45,675 ($44,500 for car + $1,175 for add-ons)
    Down payment: $1,000
    Destination fee: $920
    Dealer processing: $495
    DMV fees: $60
    MF: .00069
    RV: 61%
    Sales Tax: 4.05

Dealer is telling me that monthly payment is $544 incl tax

But when I use the calculator on http://www.leaseguide.com/calc/ I get monthly payment of around $500. Dealer says this calculator might not be correct.

Only difference I can see is that Sales tax calculated by dealer is $2,944 but on leaseguide.com/calc its $742. Dealer says I have to pay taxes on

Can you tell me if calculation by dealer is correct?
    Just got back from dealer and received the following on 2015 AWD w/Tech. Can you tell me if correct?

MF .00059 if nothing down or .00069 otherwise
    RV: 58%/15k, 60%/12k, 61%/10k
    larryb23 said:

Just got back from dealer and received the following on 2015 AWD w/Tech. Can you tell me if correct?

I agree with the MF.

The residual is low by 1%. The numbers you show are for the MDX AWD with Tech + Ent.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

They should ALL be 1% higher???
    asadh said:

I was offered following deal in VA.

2015 AWD w/Tech 36mo/10k + Running Board, Mats, Side Molding
    MSRP: $49,960
    Net Cap Cost: $45,675 ($44,500 for car + $1,175 for add-ons)
    Down payment: $1,000
    Destination fee: $920
    Dealer processing: $495
    DMV fees: $60
    MF: .00069
    RV: 61%
    Sales Tax: 4.05

Dealer is telling me that monthly payment is $544 incl tax

But when I use the calculator on http://www.leaseguide.com/calc/ I get monthly payment of around $500. Dealer says this calculator might not be correct.

Only difference I can see is that Sales tax calculated by dealer is $2,944 but on leaseguide.com/calc its $742. Dealer says I have to pay taxes on

Can you tell me if calculation by dealer is correct?

I'm not sure if VA is a state that taxes the entire cap cost or just the depreciated amount - that will make a huge difference in the final payment. Using your numbers, I get a pre-tax payment of $474.75/mo.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

larryb23 said:

I agree with the MF.

The residual is low by 1%. The numbers you show are for the MDX AWD with Tech + Ent.
    EDIT - I just looked again. The residual information we have for the 2015 model year expired on 1/5/15. It's entirely possible that the residuals have decreased 1% with the new information. I'm working to see if we can obtain the January data for confirmation.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Dealer says VA tax is on the entire cap cost not the depreciated amount. Does $550 add up if tax on entire cap cost?
    OK, thanks
    asadh said:

Dealer says VA tax is on the entire cap cost not the depreciated amount. Does $550 add up if tax on entire cap cost?

The $2200 difference between tax on the sale price and tax on the depreciation works out to about $61/mo - so, $535/mo.

Still not sure about the extra $15/mo ($540) - is there another fee not listed?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

asadh said:

That's true for VA

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

n171n said:

Michaell said:

PA charges an extra 3% tax on leases.. so, if your base rate is 6%, then the lease tax rate is 9%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

larryb23 said:

OK, thanks

Found the current document... Your numbers are correct.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited January 2015
    kyfdx said:

PA charges an extra 3% tax on leases.. so, if your base rate is 6%, then the lease tax rate is 9%

thanks, yes I just got off the phone with the dealership and they confirmed it is 9%. They have also given me the following updated numbers for a 2015 Base AWD MDX 36 mo/10k miles, 0 down

Cap Cost: $41,566
    MSRP: $45,685
    Monthly payment: $489

This includes the following accessories: Cargo Cover, Wheel Locks, All weather mats

Does this math add up?
    n171n said:

kyfdx said:

thanks, yes I just got off the phone with the dealership and they confirmed it is 9%. They have also given me the following updated numbers for a 2015 Base AWD MDX 36 mo/10k miles, 0 down

This includes the following accessories: Cargo Cover, Wheel Locks, All weather mats

Does this math add up?
    No, it doesn't. Using the base MF of .00069 and the 36/10 residual of 62%, I get a payment (with 9% tax) of $453.48/mo.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

n171n said:

kyfdx said:

Does this math add up?
    No, it doesn't. Using the base MF of .00069 and the 36/10 residual of 62%, I get a payment (with 9% tax) of $453.48/mo.
    Shouldn't this be using a 0.00059 MF? Also, perhaps it's the price of the accessories?
    n171n said:

Michaell said:

n171n said:

kyfdx said:

Does this math add up?
    Shouldn't this be using a 0.00059 MF? Also, perhaps it's the price of the accessories?
    Are the accessories included in the $41,566 cap cost?

$0 down is not the same thing as $0 out of pocket. Are you pre-paying the acquisition fee, dealer fee, first payment and tags/license? If not, then the MF does drop to .00059, but those other fees are then added to the cap cost. Confirm with your dealer which it is.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

It's definitely $0 due on delivery. He also did confirm the MF 0.00059
    n171n said:

It's definitely $0 due on delivery. He also did confirm the MF 0.00059

If that's the case, then the payment with tax drops to $445.86.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• 03qx03qx Member Posts: 91
    Going to do a 1 Pay Lease because the money factor is almost 0. Do you know if Acura waives the Acq Fee on these leases? Thanks !!