Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Bum Seat Heater - 2015 Volkswagen Golf GTI Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited January 2015 in Volkswagen
imageBum Seat Heater - 2015 Volkswagen Golf GTI Long-Term Road Test

The passenger-side seat heater in our 2015 Volkswagen GTI isn't working right.

Read the full story here

Comments

• jhend925jhend925 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2015 GTI with heated cloth seats...Did you guys get duped by that dealer??
  • 01peter1001peter10 Member Posts: 2
    jhend925 is correct. All 2015 GTIs have heated seats, including the S trim level with no options.
  • Mike_MagrathMike_Magrath Member Posts: 23
    jhend925 said:

I have a 2015 GTI with heated cloth seats...Did you guys get duped by that dealer??

I confused that feature with dual-zone climate control. Good catch. Will fix!
    -mm
  • allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878
    This may be something serious. It may be turning off automatically because of overheating or an electrical short the system is detecting. I think an unscheduled service is warranted.
  • veedubber86veedubber86 Member Posts: 57

This may be something serious. It may be turning off automatically because of overheating or an electrical short the system is detecting. I think an unscheduled service is warranted.

I second that. I've never had issues with the seat heaters on my 2007 GLI. I remember there was a recall on the seat heaters on the 2003 Passat I used to have where they would actually burn through the seat material. Take it to the dealer.