Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Auto Parts Bargains and Coupons

Comments

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited December 2014
    LOL, @ray80, I read 'em on my wife's iPad Kindle app. I guess there's a free app for your Windows 8 desktop too, but I haven't tried it.

Takes me a while to read 'em too - when I can pry the tablet out of her hands, I usually wind up playing pinball instead.
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,147

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

Looks like it costs $4.79 at the local O'Reilly's so you can buy a can, get the rebate and profit.
    Free download at the moment from Amazon (Kindle format).

Pinstriping Quickstart Guide: How to get started painting with pinstripes today.

Fast read at least at ~38 pages. B)
    Kind of like gasbuddy for your tires.

Free air.
    edited January 2015
    Limited to Californians with valid driver's licenses who live close to participating dealers - test drive a Kia and get a free lift ticket to Bear Mountain.

Kia's Drive to Ski & Ride Lift Ticket Offer
    edited January 2015
    edited February 2015
    This may be worth looking into:

Verison has a Roadside Assistance app - $3 a month. A reddit poster says it's good for ten mile tows, battery charges, tire changes, etc. And it's good for up to 10 cars, including cars you ride in with others.
    Fenders, Fins & Friends: Confessions of a Car Guy free today at Amazon, Kindle version.

Or until it's pulled....
    If you missed Fenders, Fins...well, you didn't miss anything. :p

Craftsman 2-1/4 ton Jack Stands, 2 pk.

$14.99. Half price. Free ship to Sears store.
    Bunch of Mobil oil coupons.
    edited August 2015
    Looks like a good rebate on Kumho tires if you need a set and they have the size you need on sale. Not all sizes get the rebate. $80 to $120 rebate, plus an instant $20 off. Tire Crazy.

You'll have to find a local installer (Walmart?) but when you check your local tire shop, they may price match. Then you're looking at maybe saving some sales tax.
    edited September 2015
    Mobil oil coupons again - lots of $7 to $15 rebates. linky

Funny, I'm seeing a few 2 cycle "chain saw" oil specials today too. Fall must be approaching.
    Big sale at Discount Tire today and tomorrow.
    edited September 2015
    Costco deal.

$150 OFF Any Set of 4 Wheels - Velox Custom Vehicle Wheels

Valid 9/1/15 through 9/30/15. While supplies last.
    edited October 2015
    Pennzoil Synthetic oil coupons -- $2 quart.
    Walmart's price on Pennzoil Platinum are $22.64 - 10 for the 5-quart container. Yes!

http://www.fallmir2015.com/
    Main page: http://www.pennzoil.com/promotions/?gclid=CJmmqrq84cgCFQWRNwodq-YHHQ&gclsrc=ds

• henrynhenryn Member Posts: 4,289

Pennzoil Synthetic oil coupons -- $2 quart.
    Walmart's price on Pennzoil Platinum are $22.64 - 10 for the 5-quart container. Yes!

http://www.fallmir2015.com/
    Main page: http://www.pennzoil.com/promotions/?gclid=CJmmqrq84cgCFQWRNwodq-YHHQ&gclsrc=ds

It's not a "coupon", it's a mail in rebate. I like coupons, I hate mail in rebates. I'm sure some here will like it though.
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado, 2019 Chrysler Pacifica
    Rock Auto discount code:

Discount code expires on January 10, 2016. Enter the code above in the "How Did You Hear About Us?" space on the checkout page (above your payment information). Do not enter any other text in that space or the discount will not apply.
    Supertech oil is currently marked down between a buck and three bucks depending on what weight you want. That's for the 5 quart jug. I should go grab a jug and give them my jug of waste oil.
    Another one that tempts me, but I don't have any rooms, much less bedrooms over my garage, so while a quiet belt drive would be a nice replacement, my chain one isn't broken.

Craftsman 1 HPS* Belt Drive Garage Door Opener with BONUS Assurelink Gateway

$179.99, regular price is $349.99.
    Sorry, didn't see this one until now. Expires shortly.

Anker Compact Car Jump Starter and Portable Charger Power Bank with 400A Peak Current $49.99

Amazon Deal Of The Day
    Name your car, get some oil or an oil change and Mobil 1 will send you a personalized license plate frame.

link

"To receive your license plate frame, simply complete the form below and upload your purchase receipt from one of the following participating retailers—AutoZone, Advance Auto Parts, CARQUEST, Pep Boys or NAPA."
    Enjoy 2 Glorious Weeks of Happy Listen Free May 18 - May 31. No strings attached.

SiriusXM
  • fushigifushigi Member Posts: 1,459
    Thanks, stever. While I'm normally in my car for maybe 35-50 minutes a day, this weekend I will be on a couple hundred mile road trip. I let my Sirius subscription lapse because my usage pattern doesn't support it (and my car has a hard drive for music storage). This will let me re-evaluate that decision. I doubt it'll change my mind but you never know.
    2017 Infiniti QX60 (me), 2012 Hyundai Elantra (wife)
    I usually spot these deals the day before they run out. :) Enjoy!
    I really appreciate the note about SiriusXM and the open line for a large number of stations.
    I had been debating renewing it after the extended trial period ran out. I rarely drive that car
    other than on trips over 30 miles. I do like the Fox News channels and driving through KY
    to Pigeon Forge next month it would be nice to have the SiriusXM. Maybe I'll turn in on
    for a month.

• Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,968
    What number is Fox Entertainment Channel on? Considering it's listed with the FCC as an "entertainment channel", don't understand why it's called a news channel. Would imagine all the channels like Blumberg, CNN etc. would be near each other on the dial but since I listen to music exclusively, have no clue where to look for these. Think I'd only really listen to CNBC as I love financial talk of almost any kind. Not political but when it comes to investing and all, I could listen for hours. Being in and out of retirement like I've been lately, am always interested in improving the portfolio.

The Sandman :)B)

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• fushigifushigi Member Posts: 1,459
    https://www.siriusxm.com/channellineup/ has the channel lineup.

I tried to use the free SiriusXM offer but whenever I set the input to Sirius it just said 'updating channels'. I'd wait several minutes but it never changed. So never mind, satellite radio, I'll stick with my free options for car audio.
    2017 Infiniti QX60 (me), 2012 Hyundai Elantra (wife)
    Sears Spectrum Plus 128Oz Car Wash on sale for $1.80. Usually $6. Free ship to store.
    I assume they're just trying to get you to go to the store. Truth be known, I can't remember the last time I was in a Sears store. Had to have been more than 10 years ago. Might even be 20.

And that's their problem, I guess. I used to be a regular at Sears, I had a Sears credit card, purchased many major appliances there. And nearly all of my tools. Back when they really would replace a broken Craftsman tool, no questions asked.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,042
    henryn said:

I assume they're just trying to get you to go to the store. Truth be known, I can't remember the last time I was in a Sears store. Had to have been more than 10 years ago. Might even be 20.

And that's their problem, I guess. I used to be a regular at Sears, I had a Sears credit card, purchased many major appliances there. And nearly all of my tools. Back when they really would replace a broken Craftsman tool, no questions asked.

@henryn I think everyone felt that way about Sears. It was "the" go-to place is most town. I remember Mom ordering through the catalog and picking up the packages at the store after about a week or two. Now Amazon ships to your door in two days or less.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

edited August 2016
    Looks like the cheapest stuff at Amazon in a comparable size is Rain-X 5072084 Foaming Car Wash - 100 oz. About $8 and free shipping if you have a Prime account.

It would cost me a buck in gas to go to Sears and back, plus my time. But it'd be a good excuse to get off the hill out here. Mostly I grab the Dr. Bronners if I decide to wash the car - it's about time for my annual car wash come to think of it.

[edit] - Just had a nice storm pass through. Didn't last long enough to get the car out of the garage, but I did soap up our sponge mop, put on my old snowboarding jacket and went out and washed the exterior house windows.
    stever said:

Looks like the cheapest stuff at Amazon in a comparable size is Rain-X 5072084 Foaming Car Wash - 100 oz. About $8 and free shipping if you have a Prime account.

It would cost me a buck in gas to go to Sears and back, plus my time. But it'd be a good excuse to get off the hill out here. Mostly I grab the Dr. Bronners if I decide to wash the car - it's about time for my annual car wash come to think of it.

[edit] - Just had a nice storm pass through. Didn't last long enough to get the car out of the garage, but I did soap up our sponge mop, put on my old snowboarding jacket and went out and washed the exterior house windows.

What exactly is "Dr. Bronners"? Some type of soap, I'm assuming? You don't want to use anything like dish detergent (Dawn or equivalent) on your car, unless your plan is to remove all of the old wax before starting over with a clay bar. But wait, who am I talking to here -- wax, @stever -- forget I brought it up!

I will admit that I am the kind of nut who would wash his windows in a rain storm.
    Dr. Bronner's is kind of a hippie backpacking soap. He's "noted for manufacturing liquid Castile soap with eccentric packaging". Does weird things to your hair if you shampoo with it using salt water to rinse.

And yeah, I know about Dawn (the original is getting harder to find). Clay bars are great.
    Free Sirius/XM starting August 24 (that's today) through September 6.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    stever said:

Free Sirius/XM starting August 24 (that's today) through September 6.

When I bought my used A3 TDI, got three month free trial, immediately. Nice!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,968
    Used Dr. Bronner's back in my college days around the time I bought my earth shoes, could use it for a multitude of uses. One just needed to read the label. But yes, found it in the earth shoes store so picked up both. But talking the early to mid 70's here, seems like such a long time ago!

The Old Sandman :)B)

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

lol, there's so much stuff crammed on the Dr. Bronner label I still find new text on it decades later.
    Too bad the current free trial ended before our drive up to ABQ today - the Coffee House seemed to be a bit back on track since the last time I listened to it.

Didn't have it on much in town but was reminded about the turbo lag in changing channels. That satellite lag always reminds me of trying to call home back in my Alaska days.
    One of my big gripes about entry level or base model vehicles is the lack of satellite radio. In many cases, I cannot step up to the next level because that includes a sunroof, which takes away so much headroom that I would never buy the car. Satellite radio, backup camera, and a power drivers seat should be included in every vehicle IMHO.

And speaking of satellite radio, I would like to see a license that is portable. Not the radio itself, just the license. I'm paying for two licenses for two cars, with only one driver.
    Husky 4-in. Digital Tire Gauge at Home Depot.

50% off - $4.97.

Semi-decent reviews.
    edited December 2016
    Scored a dash cam at Walmart this afternoon. $7.

How bad can it be? ;)

edited December 2016
    Happened to stop in an El Paso Walmart on the way back from an airport run and these were on clearance there for $15. Here's a screen grab from taping the drive in to our house from the back way in. Need to set the time and date.

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,308
    @Stever,
    Are you going to get a couple for the sides of your van? :)
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
    LOL, I should!
    I just received a new ad flyer from O'Reilly Auto Parts. They have Formula 1 paste wax, protectant, and wash & wax for $2.99 each. (3 separate products)

https://currentad.oreillyauto.com/oreilly/weeklyad/#!/promotion?storeid=2697967&languageid=1&pagenumber=1&mode=bbpsingle
    That thing costs $169.99, even with 15% off you're still at $144. 2000 amp jump starters with air compressor start at $99 on Amazon. They have a 3000 amp with air compressor for $127.