Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Hyundai Elantra Lease Questions

lexusman11lexusman11 Member Posts: 6
edited May 2015 in Hyundai

To discuss the latest lease details for the current model, please join us in the 2015 Hyundai Elantra Lease Questions forum.

You can also research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications on Edmunds 2015 Hyundai Elantra page.

Can you please tell me what the Money factor would be for a Lease on a '14 Hyundai Elantra coupe....
Also if there are any rebates for leasing,I am a recent college grad as well.
I live in NJ..... Thank you.....

Comments

• lexusman11lexusman11 Member Posts: 6

and I own a '13 Hyundai elantra coupe now....

Thank u for the response... Do you know what the standard money factor is then?

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454

I knew you were going to ask me that. :)

Kyfdx or Michaell should be here soon; they keep track of that info.

lol.... Thanks....

Is Kyfdx or Michaell here yet.........

They're in and out. What lease term are you looking at btw?

36/m 12k miles... on a '14 Elanta coupe

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,086
    Answer ✓

@lexusman11 said:
    36/m 12k miles... on a '14 Elanta coupe

.00210 MF and 67% residual. $500 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Answer ✓

The cavalry has arrived. :)

• cnote2cnote2 Member Posts: 140

Hyundai coupe 36k 15k mf and res? in PA

edited June 2014

@cnote2 said:
    Hyundai coupe 36k 15k mf and res? in PA

.00210 MF and 65% residual. $500 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• alex_msu1alex_msu1 Member Posts: 81

what are the current rates and incentives for SE sedan model for 36mo/12k in NY/NJ? Thanks

@alex_msu1 said:
    what are the current rates and incentives for SE sedan model for 36mo/12k in NY/NJ? Thanks

.00156 MF and 64% residual. $500 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

What are the current rates and incentives for GT hatchback model for 36mo/12k in NY/NJ? Thanks

@alex_msu1 said:
    What are the current rates and incentives for GT hatchback model for 36mo/12k in NY/NJ? Thanks

.00160 MF and 63% residual. $500 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

What are the current July rates and incentives for GT hatchback model for 36mo/12k in NY/NJ? Thanks

@alex_msu1 said:
    What are the current July rates and incentives for GT hatchback model for 36mo/12k in NY/NJ? Thanks

.00125 MF and 61% residual for automatic equipped cars. .00130 MF for stickshifts.

$500 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

What are the current August rates and incentives for GT hatchback model for 36mo/12k and 36mo/15k in NY/NJ? Thanks

@alex_msu1 said:
    What are the current August rates and incentives for GT hatchback model for 36mo/12k and 36mo/15k in NY/NJ? Thanks

.00125 MF and 61%/59% residual for automatic transmisssion.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• bmack11bmack11 Member Posts: 37

Hi Everyone--Does anyone have the Residual and MF for a 2015 Hyundai Elantra SE Auto - 36 months - 15,000 miles in NJ? Thanks

@bmack11 said:
    Hi Everyone--Does anyone have the Residual and MF for a 2015 Hyundai Elantra SE Auto - 36 months - 15,000 miles in NJ? Thanks

.00132 MF and 63% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• zacwarezacware Member Posts: 17

Hi there!

Could you please tell me the lease rate and money factor for a 2014 Hyundai Elantra COUPE for 36 months and 12,000 in New Jersey

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,252

@zacware said:
    Hi there!

Could you please tell me the lease rate and money factor for a 2014 Hyundai Elantra COUPE for 36 months and 12,000 in New Jersey

.00193 and 66%. $500 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• bnsync21bnsync21 Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2014

Hi!!

Anyone know the money factor and residual for 2014/2015 Elantra Sedan Limited with Tech package for 36-months, 15k miles? Thanks in advance!! And I am sorry if this was posted before.

@bnsync21 said:
    Hi!!

Anyone know the money factor and residual for 2014/2015 Elantra Sedan Limited with Tech package for 36-months, 15k miles? Thanks in advance!! And I am sorry if this was posted before.

2015: .00130 MF and 60% residual.

2014: .00130 MF and 58% residual. $500 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• evnoobevnoob Member Posts: 39
    edited December 2014
    Are the lease cash and MF/RV numbers for the 2014 Elantra Limited with tech package still the same? 15k/36month, Florida.

Thanks!
    evnoob said:

Are the lease cash and MF/RV numbers for the 2014 Elantra Limited with tech package still the same? 15k/36month, Florida.

Thanks!

.00080 MF and 54% residual. $750 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• dylrexdylrex Member Posts: 111
    Can you please provide the numbers for the 2015 Elantra Sedan SE for 24/12 and 36/12? Thank you.
    Hello.
    Looking for the numbers still on the 2015 Elantra SE sedan for 24/12 and 36/12.
    Thank you.
    dylrex said:

Hello.
    Looking for the numbers still on the 2015 Elantra SE sedan for 24/12 and 36/12.
    Thank you.

.00012 MF and 57% residual for 36mo, 12K/yr. $1000 lease cash.

No 24 month leases offered.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited January 2015

Thank you. Do you not have the 24 month numbers or is Hyundai not offering it? I'm coming to the end of a 24 month Hyundai lease next month.
    dylrex said:
    Thank you. Do you not have the 24 month numbers or is Hyundai not offering it? I'm coming to the end of a 24 month Hyundai lease next month.
    Not offered. 

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• brianya133brianya133 Member Posts: 3
    I couldn't seem to find a specific forum for 2013 Elantra - Sorry if this is in the wrong spot...new to this! I have a lease ending in less than 60 days. This is my first least ever and this is all very new to me. I know that I have 3 options 1) To walk a way & pay a fee 2) Attempt to purchase the car 3) Lease something else.

I hope this doesn't sound silly, but I don't know exactly how to word the conversation when I go to Hyundai regarding my options. I talked to my boss who leases and he explained that I should find out what the money factor and residual is and bring this up in the conversation. Can anyone please help!? I am leaning more towards purchasing the car if that is the better option.

My lease was a 12K/year 24 month lease. **I currently only have slightly less than 18K miles.

Thanks in advance!

I couldn't seem to find a specific forum for 2013 Elantra - Sorry if this is in the wrong spot...new to this! I have a lease ending in less than 60 days. This is my first least ever and this is all very new to me. I know that I have 3 options 1) To walk a way & pay a fee 2) Attempt to purchase the car 3) Lease something else.

I hope this doesn't sound silly, but I don't know exactly how to word the conversation when I go to Hyundai regarding my options. I talked to my boss who leases and he explained that I should find out what the money factor and residual is and bring this up in the conversation. Can anyone please help!? I am leaning more towards purchasing the car if that is the better option.

My lease was a 12K/year 24 month lease. **I currently only have slightly less than 18K miles.

Thanks in advance!

Can't give you money factors and residuals on a new car, unless we know what that car is.

Before you do anything, decide if you want to keep your current car.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

I see...If anything I would likely be looking at another Elantra 2015 Sedan. Do you have the MF and residual for this?

My decision will solely be made on which is cheaper monthly. With my current lease I was able to get the payment to 109.53 per month, but that was with $2500 down. I suppose usually with the leases they request an amount down? I unfortunately won't have anything to put down on a new lease, therefore, think that purchasing may be the only option I have.

I see...If anything I would likely be looking at another Elantra 2015 Sedan. Do you have the MF and residual for this?

My decision will solely be made on which is cheaper monthly. With my current lease I was able to get the payment to 109.53 per month, but that was with $2500 down. I suppose usually with the leases they request an amount down? I unfortunately won't have anything to put down on a new lease, therefore, think that purchasing may be the only option I have.

You didn't specify which trim level (SE, Limited, or Sport) so I'll quote the numbers for the SE:

36 months, 12,000 miles per year - .00028 and 57%. $1500 lease cash.

You can start a lease with $0 down - I did with my Elantra lease in 2013. In fact, the only money I had to pay at the beginning of the lease was the first payment; the lease cash took care of the rest of the up front fees. Of course, my payment is a bit higher than the $109.53 you had. Not sure if Hyundai was running a really great special at that time, but that is an incredibly low lease payment.

Plenty of cars out there that can be leased for around $200/mo - you want a high residual and a low money factor.

Buying out your current car is also an option, but I can't say it will be cheaper than leasing a new one. It depends on the residual value of the car you are driving and the interest rate of the loan you get to finance the purchase.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• catbuscatbus Member Posts: 37
    Are there still MF and RVs available for a 2014 Elantra Sport manual, 36/15k, Northern California?
    catbus said:

Are there still MF and RVs available for a 2014 Elantra Sport manual, 36/15k, Northern California?

.00124 and 54%. $1250 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

This information is incredibly helpful, thank you. The SE is likely what I would go with. So my thing is, I have to call Hyundai to handle my lease end options. This may sound silly, but I don't know how to put the MF and residual into conversation. Are there any questions I should be asking them to negotiate the best deal? I'm also not familiar with lease cash and how that works. Again, thanks for all your time!
    Michaell said:

You didn't specify which trim level (SE, Limited, or Sport) so I'll quote the numbers for the SE:

You can start a lease with $0 down - I did with my Elantra lease in 2013. In fact, the only money I had to pay at the beginning of the lease was the first payment; the lease cash took care of the rest of the up front fees. Of course, my payment is a bit higher than the $109.53 you had. Not sure if Hyundai was running a really great special at that time, but that is an incredibly low lease payment.

Plenty of cars out there that can be leased for around $200/mo - you want a high residual and a low money factor.

Buying out your current car is also an option, but I can't say it will be cheaper than leasing a new one. It depends on the residual value of the car you are driving and the interest rate of the loan you get to finance the purchase.

This information is incredibly helpful, thank you. The SE is likely what I would go with. So my thing is, I have to call Hyundai to handle my lease end options. This may sound silly, but I don't know how to put the MF and residual into conversation. Are there any questions I should be asking them to negotiate the best deal? I'm also not familiar with lease cash and how that works. Again, thanks for all your time!

Michaell said:

Just explain to the dealer that you know what the base MF is and that you won't sign a deal where it has been inflated. Residual is set by the bank and cannot be modified; just confirm that the residual % matches the lease term and miles per year that you want.

The lease cash can be used to either reduce the selling price or offset the up front costs of the lease. I took the second option with my Elantra lease - I used the $1100 lease cash to pay for the acquisition fee and other costs.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

May I please have the numbers for a 2015 Elantra SE and Limited for 36/12k? Thank you very much!
    dylrex said:

May I please have the numbers for a 2015 Elantra SE and Limited for 36/12k? Thank you very much!

SE: .00037 MF and 58% residual

Limited: .00048 MF and 56% residual

$1750 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• kylez0209kylez0209 Member Posts: 37
    Hi,

Can someone provide the residual and MF for a 36 mo/12k lease on a 2014/2015 Elantra GT?

Thanks,
    kylez0209 said:

Hi,

Can someone provide the residual and MF for a 36 mo/12k lease on a 2014/2015 Elantra GT?

Thanks,

2015: .00081 MF and 59% residual. $1250 lease cash (assuming automatic).

2014: .00125 MF and 57% residual. $1250 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ClairesClaires Member Posts: 1,222
    To discuss the latest lease details for the current model, please join us in the 2015 Hyundai Elantra Lease Questions forum.

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Tell everyone about your buying experience: Write a Dealer Review

This discussion has been closed.