Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Rock-Hard Armrests - 2015 Chevrolet Colorado Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited January 2015 in Chevrolet
imageRock-Hard Armrests - 2015 Chevrolet Colorado Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds found a cost-cutting area on its long-term 2015 Chevrolet Colorado: The nearly unpadded center and door armrests. Your elbows will hate them.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878
    I don't use the arm rests much. I tend to have the left hand on the wheel and the right hand resting on the shifter.
  • Options
    emajoremajor Member Posts: 332
    It's a curious and counterproductive place to skimp and save pennies. Decent padding on armrests can elevate an entire vehicle's interior. The first gen Versa here felt like a league up just because of the supremely cushy door armrests they gave it.

In fairness, cheap interior materials even on the touch points has been a pickup segment hallmark for a long time, especially the lower trim Silverados and F-series of any variety from a few years ago.
  • Options
    thecardoc3thecardoc3 Member Posts: 5,747
    I drive a lot, six to fourteen hour trips are getting to be common and there are very few cars that really have comfortable arm rests anymore. My solution came from another form of traveling, those neck pillows you can get for flying, like these. http://www.walmart.com/c/kp/travel-neck-pillows You can put it onto your arm and position it to stay in place because of the loop.
  • Options
    csubowtiecsubowtie Member Posts: 143
    That's odd. My dearly departed '03 S-10 had supremely comfortable arm rests and center console. The only problem with the center console was that it was so soft, that after long trips, a dimple from my elbow would remain for several hours, though it eventually went away. Chevy even went so far as to add a small vinyl pad with extra cushion (cloth interior/door panel) to the top of the door were your elbow rests when the window is down. One of my favorite details on that truck.