Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

A Good V6, but Not a Great V6 - 2015 Chevrolet Colorado Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited January 2015 in Chevrolet
imageA Good V6, but Not a Great V6 - 2015 Chevrolet Colorado Long-Term Road Test

The V6 in Edmunds' long-term 2015 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab makes good power, but it gets loud and coarse at full-throttle, higher-rpm running.

Read the full story here

Comments

• miami823miami823 Member Posts: 3
    I think Chevy made the mistake of not using the new 4.3L V6 for this vehicle. The extra 40 to 50 lb-ft of torque would have been helpful and probably would have been more refined then the current V6.
  • aerodaxaerodax Member Posts: 9
    Are the decibel measurements quoted from inside the cabin?
  • bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    You want course, try the old throttle body FI 4.3 in my 1991 Blazer. Yikes it is a loud dog.
  • misterfusionmisterfusion Member Posts: 471
    What miami823 said...I have to assume that the only reason GM went with the "High Feature" V6 over the Vortec was because of fuel economy. Or could it be that they did not want the Colorado to be *too* capable compared to the Silverado?
  • thetruck454thetruck454 Member Posts: 11
    The 3.6 and 2.5 use the same ECU and the 3.6 is already connected to the 6l50 in the camaro. The 4.3 uses a different ecu (shared with the v8's) and is only bolted to the 6l80. I bet it was more of a production simplification than anything else.
  • bub11bub11 Member Posts: 2
    Colorado is not the best midsize you can buy right now. The Tacoma remains the best midsize you can buy right now. This is solely based on an individuals opinion, however more sales means by majority the Tacoma outsells the Colorado, therefore the majority opinion is the closest thing you can get as to what is the best midsize available and that still goes to the Tacoma by majority opinion and cannot be based on one or ten articles, only the consumer can determine that and will still be an individual opinion. There's just more individuals buying Tacoma, making it the best midsize based on majority vote. That is after all how we elect the president.