Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mercedes lease lock in?

ceelceel Member Posts: 8
edited January 2015 in Mercedes-Benz
Does MB Financial Services allow the customer to lock in lease rate, residual, etc. at the time of order? Like BMWFS does? Or does the customer have to take whatever the rate etc. is when taking delivery?

What is the customer's risk when ordering a vehicle? If the price, lease, etc. don't work out when the car is delivered, can the customer just walk away from the deal? If that is the case, why would any dealer take the risk of ordering custom cars?
Tagged:

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,777
    ceel said:

Does MB Financial Services allow the customer to lock in lease rate, residual, etc. at the time of order? Like BMWFS does? Or does the customer have to take whatever the rate etc. is when taking delivery?

What is the customer's risk when ordering a vehicle? If the price, lease, etc. don't work out when the car is delivered, can the customer just walk away from the deal? If that is the case, why would any dealer take the risk of ordering custom cars?

I don't think MB lets you lock the lease terms.

The customer doesn't have a risk, unless the dealer asks for a non-refundable deposit. On an ordered car, rates rarely get worse, while waiting.. It's only end-of-year deals on in-stock units that tend to disappear, and that doesn't apply to ordered cars, anyway..

It's a chance, but people want what they want.. I'm sure if you order a goofy combination of options, the dealer will insist on a non-refundable deposit, but otherwise... they will just let you walk away and put the car on the lot..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• ceelceel Member Posts: 8
    Thanks!
  • mlevinemlevine Member Posts: 581
    Ceel,

MB use current rates that month when vehicle is on the way. I ordered a GLK 350, I had to put extra packages on that dealer wanted. The extra packages were necessary as I had the option of not taking the vehicle if the deal that month was not good. This help the dealer being able to move this unit. It so happened that the GLK was not part of the winter event and I walked away from the deal.
  • ceelceel Member Posts: 8
    Thanks! Did the dealer ask you for a down payment? Did they refund it?