Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Road Test | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited January 2015 in Chevrolet
image2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Road Test | Edmunds.com

We drive the 650-horsepower supercharged 2015 Chevy Corvette Z06.

Read the full story here

Comments

• marcos9marcos9 Member Posts: 96
    This thing is ridiculous - I love it. And this is coming from someone who hates GM as a company.
  • adantiumadantium Member Posts: 42
    Awesome review Mike. Well written to entertain and cover all the bases.
  • subatomicsubatomic Member Posts: 140
    Very nice article on an impressive sports car. I was surprised by the brake fade on the base Z06 model (without the ceramic brakes). Perhaps it won't really matter unless an owner will be driving on a demanding race course.
  • jstrauch81jstrauch81 Member Posts: 64
    Not a fan of GM but I am impressed by this Corvette, in the past they have been a let down in one department or the other, it seems they got it completely right this time (overall).
  • syt_shadowsyt_shadow Member Posts: 1
    There is no good reason for the stock brakes to overheat after a lap with a journalist at the wheel. It's sad to see the Z06 Z07 is not the track monster it was supposed to be. At least it did not overheat in this test.
  • tknntknn Member Posts: 3
    Waiting for a certified Nurburgring time and a fix to the paint peel. And still waiting to see about the heat soak issue as well.
  • wvaneppswvanepps Member Posts: 4
    I have a 2015 Z06 without the Z07 package. I do have the stage 2/3 aero kit on order though. The car is insane. My previous car was a 2014 Corvette Stingray Z51 and a 2013 BMW E92 M3 with the Competition package. Both those cars are fantastic however the Z06 blows them away as far as performance goes.

People talk about the power loss when it gets hot like it is a huge deal or something. Keep in mind that in testing the 2015 Z06 last lap after a hard day at the track is still faster than the first lap of a previous ZR1. In fact I have not even noticed it but admittedly I do not have the skills of a race car driver to push it to that extreme (few people do). I will take a very small power loss to avoid overheating to get a 100k mile warranty. If it really bugs you then just get the ECU reprogrammed but keep in mind it will void the power train warranty. I have also heard that GM is working on a ECU reprogram that will fix it.

I am very pleased with the 2015 Z06. I could have purchased just about any car up to $125k so the decision was a no-brainer for me.
  • wvaneppswvanepps Member Posts: 4
    tknn said:

Waiting for a certified Nurburgring time and a fix to the paint peel. And still waiting to see about the heat soak issue as well.

I am also waiting on the certified Nurburgring time. Keep in mind that the orange peel can be fixed by a good wet sanding. Almost every car I have purchased has needed this done. A decent shop will do it for about $60.00 an hour and it takes 4-6 hours to do a car like the Z06 to get rid of the orange peel or you can do it yourself if you are feeling really brave. Orange peel is not in the paint - it is in the clear coat so can be wet sanded.
  • pd972pd972 Member Posts: 1
    One clarification - you stated both the base and Z06 have a 6.2 liter, but I think the base is a 6.4 liter.