Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Nissan Frontier Lease Questions

steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
edited April 2015 in Nissan

For current leasing information, go to 2015 Nissan Frontier Lease Questions

Welcome to Edmunds discussion dedicated to 2014 Nissan Frontier leasing questions.

Here you can find and discuss all the latest lease details for the 2014 Frontier, including cap costs, money factors, residual values, acquisition fees, etc. Please post any leasing questions you have or any details you’d like to share about your own lease deals.

You can also research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications, on our 2014 Nissan Frontier page.

To see all forums discussions about the Nissan Frontier, including earlier model years, please visit our list of Nissan Frontier discussions.

Navigation tips: To see the most recent information and activity, make sure to visit the latest post, which may be a few pages ahead. Click the pages numbers just below to go to a new page in the discussion -- or search the entire discussion by clicking the magnifying glass icon and entering keywords.

We also invite you to share your purchase experience on Edmunds Facebook page, Share Your Story.

Comments

• jm2009jm2009 Member Posts: 2

No comments

• vint280slvint280sl Member Posts: 9

Do you have any information on current lease terms for the Frontier, e.g money factor, percent residual, etc.? I'm working on the following deal: 2014 SV Crew Cab with Bedliner and Tow, Dealer Invoice-$25178, Lease Price-$24900, Tax, Title, and License-$1727.25, Acquisition Fee-$595, Net Cap Cost-$27222.25. Thanks D.E.

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,983

@vint280sl said:
    Do you have any information on current lease terms for the Frontier, e.g money factor, percent residual, etc.? I'm working on the following deal: 2014 SV Crew Cab with Bedliner and Tow, Dealer Invoice-$25178, Lease Price-$24900, Tax, Title, and License-$1727.25, Acquisition Fee-$595, Net Cap Cost-$27222.25. Thanks D.E.

What is the lease term and miles per year?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760

@vint280sl said:

.00163 MF and 61% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr. 4X2 Automatic

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks. It's for 12,000 miles per year. Does that change it much? D.E.

@vint280sl said:
    Thanks. It's for 12,000 miles per year. Does that change it much? D.E.

Add 1% for 12K/yr

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

I have another question. Why is the residual value so arbitrary? It is easy to find evidence on the web, Edmunds, AutoTrader.com, that the car I am interested in loses only 35% based on trade value over a three year period. Is this just another area where dealers build in profit, and is the residual off limits in a negotiation? Thanks. D.E.

@vint280sl said:
    I have another question. Why is the residual value so arbitrary? It is easy to find evidence on the web, Edmunds, AutoTrader.com, that the car I am interested in loses only 35% based on trade value over a three year period. Is this just another area where dealers build in profit, and is the residual off limits in a negotiation? Thanks. D.E.

The residual is set by the finance company and cannot be modified by the dealer nor the customer.

Is it a profit area? Why wouldn't it be? The money factors are so low - on the order of 1/2% to around 3-4%, that the residual becomes the only place where profit is available.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

I asked the dealer to raise the residual and/or lower the rate on his offer and his reply was that the Nissan financing company doesn't allow him to do that. OK. Do you think it is reasonable to go into a lease expecting to buy the car for the "low" residual and sell it at a higher market value? It is easy to find evidence on the web, Edmunds, AutoTrader.com, that the car I am interested in depreciates only 35% based on trade-in value, and only 31% based on private sale retail over a three year period, instead of the 38% in the contract. The dealer suggested this as and I think it is a reasonable response as it also mitigates the moral hazard that arises with a fixed residual value, i.e. I am incentivized to keep the car in excellent shape for resale. Do you ever get into the discussion this deep? Thanks. D.E.

@vint280sl said:
    I asked the dealer to raise the residual and/or lower the rate on his offer and his reply was that the Nissan financing company doesn't allow him to do that. OK. Do you think it is reasonable to go into a lease expecting to buy the car for the "low" residual and sell it at a higher market value? It is easy to find evidence on the web, Edmunds, AutoTrader.com, that the car I am interested in depreciates only 35% based on trade-in value, and only 31% based on private sale retail over a three year period, instead of the 38% in the contract. The dealer suggested this as and I think it is a reasonable response as it also mitigates the moral hazard that arises with a fixed residual value, i.e. I am incentivized to keep the car in excellent shape for resale. Do you ever get into the discussion this deep? Thanks. D.E.

This is not too deep - this is a common question / concern.

The residual value set by the finance company is a bet on the expected value after a set amount of time. Sometimes they win, and sometimes they lose. When they lose, you can buy the car at the agreed upon residual value and then resell it for market value, pocketing the profit. Finance companies will insure the vehicle so if the market value is less than the contract residual value at the end of the lease, they are made whole (kind of like GAP coverage at the retail level).

It's also important to remember that not one guide, website or book has ever bought a car. Each car is worth what the dealer will pay - no more, no less. Yes, condition and miles come into play, so it behooves you to maintain it well during the lease term.

Bottom line - the residual value is fixed by NMAC and can't be modified. All you can control are the MF the dealer uses - it can be marked up from the base rate - and the negotiated selling price -just like in a purchase, lower is better.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thanks so much. You are a scholar and gentleman/lady, and your responses help tremendously. D.E.

• ashcarashcar Member Posts: 2
    Can someone tell me the residual and MF for a Frontier 4x4 Crew Cab SV?
    12k 36m and 15k 36m
    Thanks in advance!

@ashcar said:
    Can someone tell me the residual and MF for a Frontier 4x4 Crew Cab SV?
    12k 36m and 15k 36m
    Thanks in advance!

.00163 MF and 63% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr. Add 1% for 12K/yr.

Subtract 3% for manual transmission

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ashcarashcar Member Posts: 2
    Awesome thank you appreciate the quick response!
  • goosekakagoosekaka Member Posts: 8
    Can I get the info for a 2014 CC, 36m/15k for the SL & Pro4x please?

@goosekaka said:
    Can I get the info for a 2014 CC, 36m/15k for the SL & Pro4x please?

MF is .00163 for both trims.

SL - 57% for 4x2, 60% for 4x4

Pro4x - 59% for manual, 61% for automatic.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• tm5150tm5150 Member Posts: 3

Hi - do you have MF and residual % for 36month, under 15k lease on 2014 CC SV 4x4, auto.

Thanks!

@tm5150 said:
    Hi - do you have MF and residual % for 36month, under 15k lease on 2014 CC SV 4x4, auto.

Thanks!

62% and .00143

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thanks for the response.

Another question

On nissanusa.com they are showing a lease deal on a "2014 Frontier CC SV 4x4 AT SWB with Mats lease model 32414". For the lease deal they quote MSPR at 28,455. They also quote Net capitalized cost of $25,341 (includes a $595 non-refundable acquisition fee).

Is the net capitalized the same as invoice cost?

If so, this seems to be a great deal. Edmunds shows invoice for this model w/Mats at 27060. That puts the lease deal at $1719 under invoice!!. Is that right....am I missing something!?

@tm5150 said:
    Another question

On nissanusa.com they are showing a lease deal on a "2014 Frontier CC SV 4x4 AT SWB with Mats lease model 32414". For the lease deal they quote MSPR at 28,455. They also quote Net capitalized cost of $25,341 (includes a $595 non-refundable acquisition fee).

Is the net capitalized the same as invoice cost?

If so, this seems to be a great deal. Edmunds shows invoice for this model w/Mats at 27060. That puts the lease deal at $1719 under invoice!!. Is that right....am I missing something!?

The net cap cost can be less than invoice due to dealer "contribution" (read: discount) and lease cash (rebate).

Seem a good cap cost amount.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• club619club619 Member Posts: 122

Wanted to see about getting August #'s for 36/10k on CC, 4x4, SWB for zip 75069 on the following:
    1. SV
    2. Pro4X
    3. SL.
    Thanks!

@club619 said:
    Wanted to see about getting August #'s for 36/10k on CC, 4x4, SWB for zip 75069 on the following:
    1. SV
    2. Pro4X
    3. SL.
    Thanks!

We don't yet have any August numbers for Nissan .. check back with us later in the week.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@Michaell said:
    We don't yet have any August numbers for Nissan

Do you have the July #'s still available?

@club619 said:
    Do you have the July #'s still available?

The July numbers expired on 7/31.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited August 2014

@club619 said:
    1. SV
    2. Pro4X
    Thanks!

Also curious what the difference between residual is between the 4WD and the 2WD on the SV. I was quoted 60% for the 2WD and 63% for the 4WD yesterday but didn't get anything in writing so wanted to confirm. Thanks!

@club619 said:
    Wanted to see about getting August #'s for 36/10k on CC, 4x4, SWB for zip 75069 on the following: 1. SV 2. Pro4X Thanks!

Also curious what the difference between residual is between the 4WD and the 2WD on the SV. I was quoted 60% for the 2WD and 63% for the 4WD yesterday but didn't get anything in writing so wanted to confirm. Thanks!

36/10 Residuals:

SV 4x4 - 64%

Pro4X - 62%

SV 4x2 - 61%

36 month MF is .00143

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited August 2014

@Michaell said:
    36/10 Residuals:
    SV 4x4 - 64%
    Pro4X - 62%
    SV 4x2 - 61%

Dealers can't adjust residual correct? Guess I'll now ask dealer if it was a typo on the 60% quote I just got for a 4x2 SV, or if they are just trying to markup the costs. Also--these numbers are for 36/12k correct? I realize I had typed 36/10k, but looks like Nissan doesn't do 10k. Also wanted to confirm this was for the V6, not the 4cyl.

@club619 said:
    Dealers can't adjust residual correct?

Correct - they are established by the finance company (NMAC) and cannot be modified.

Guess I'll now ask dealer if it was a typo on the 60% quote I just got for a 4x2 SV, or if they are just trying to markup the costs. Also--these numbers are for 36/12k correct? I realize I had typed 36/10k, but looks like Nissan doesn't do 10k.

I didn't see that ... subtract 1% from the numbers I gave you for 12K leases.

Also wanted to confirm this was for the V6, not the 4cyl.

Nissan residual values are not affected by what engine is under the hood.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited August 2014

Thanks @Michaell! 2 add'l questions
    1. any word on when the 2015's will be coming out?
    2. in the past, does NMAC do better #'s in September? Many dealers usually have good labor day sales, as well as this being the last month in the quarter...debating on whether it's smarter to buy now or wait a month (or more).

Thanks!

@club619 said:
    Thanks Michaell! 2 add'l questions
    1. any word on when the 2015's will be coming out?

No idea ...

1. in the past, does NMAC do better #'s in September? Many dealers usually have good labor day sales, as well as this being the last month in the quarter...debating on whether it's smarter to buy now or wait a month (or more).

Also don't know ... our crystal ball is cracked :smiley:

Thanks!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thanks...I tried looking back through the forums, but there doesn't appear to be any data from Sep '13 to compare against either. 1% Residual is only about $8-10/month on a 36mo lease...maybe I'll hold out and see how September looks. :)

• tdamischtdamisch Member Posts: 7
    Greetings,

Are the MF and Residuals available for September on a 2014 SV Auto 4X4 V6 on 12k/36 month lease?

Thank you!
    tdamisch said:

Greetings,

Are the MF and Residuals available for September on a 2014 SV Auto 4X4 V6 on 12k/36 month lease?

Thank you!

Crew-cab - 61% and .00111 MF

King-cab - 58% and .00111 MF

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• cnickumcnickum Member Posts: 4
    Looking to lease either a 2014 or 2015 Frontier CC Pro4X w Lux Pkg. Can I please have Oct MF and residual for 12k miles at 36 mo? Any difference with 39 mo?

Thanks!!
    cnickum said:

Looking to lease either a 2014 or 2015 Frontier CC Pro4X w Lux Pkg. Can I please have Oct MF and residual for 12k miles at 36 mo? Any difference with 39 mo?

Thanks!!

2015: .00197 MF and 54% residual for 36 months... 53% for 39 months

2014: .00111 MF and same residuals as 2015.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• twinlabstwinlabs Member Posts: 37
    looking for residual/money factor for 2014 Frontier Crew Cab SL
    15 k miles
    5 yr lease
    twinlabs said:

15 k miles
    5 yr lease

4x2 - 34% and .00197

4x4 - 37% and .00197

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

twinlabs said:

15 k miles
    5 yr lease

4x2 - 34% and .00197

4x4 - 37% and .00197
    thank you.

what would residual and money factor be for the same car (4 X 4) for 15k miles, 3 yr lease?

twinlabs said:

Michaell said:

twinlabs said:

15 k miles
    5 yr lease

4x2 - 34% and .00197

4x4 - 37% and .00197
    thank you.

what would residual and money factor be for the same car (4 X 4) for 15k miles, 3 yr lease?

.00077 MF and 56% residual.. 55% residual for 39 months.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

twinlabs said:

Michaell said:

twinlabs said:

15 k miles
    5 yr lease

4x2 - 34% and .00197

4x4 - 37% and .00197
    thank you.

thanks again.
    just so i'm clear (i'll be talking with a dealer tomorrow), these figures are coming from NMAC?

are you familiar on how the residuals are achieved? i don't understand why the SL Crew residual went from 60% in May '14 to 56% in Jan '15 for the same 15k mile/36 month lease.
    twinlabs said:

kyfdx said:

twinlabs said:

Michaell said:

twinlabs said:

15 k miles
    5 yr lease

4x2 - 34% and .00197

4x4 - 37% and .00197
    thank you.

thanks again.
    just so i'm clear (i'll be talking with a dealer tomorrow), these figures are coming from NMAC?

are you familiar on how the residuals are achieved? i don't understand why the SL Crew residual went from 60% in May '14 to 56% in Jan '15 for the same 15k mile/36 month lease.

Yes.. the numbers are NMAC.

We are deep into the 2015 model year.. If you had leased the vehicle in May, it would be 3 model years old when you turned it back in.... If you lease it now, it's 4 model years old at lease end, and worth less, ergo the lower residual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

twinlabs said:

kyfdx said:

twinlabs said:

Michaell said:

twinlabs said:

15 k miles
    5 yr lease

4x2 - 34% and .00197

4x4 - 37% and .00197
    thank you.

thanks again.

We are deep into the 2015 model year.. If you had leased the vehicle in May, it would be 3 model years old when you turned it back in.... If you lease it now, it's 4 model years old at lease end, and worth less, ergo the lower residual.
    thanks again..

in order to get those residual/money factor numbers for the 3 year/15k mile lease, what are the credit requirements (if any) to qualify?

twinlabs said:

kyfdx said:

twinlabs said:

kyfdx said:

twinlabs said:

Michaell said:

twinlabs said:

15 k miles
    5 yr lease

4x2 - 34% and .00197

4x4 - 37% and .00197
    thank you.

thanks again.

thanks again..

in order to get those residual/money factor numbers for the 3 year/15k mile lease, what are the credit requirements (if any) to qualify?

700 and above qualify you for top tier money factors from Nissan.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

nice....i'm there.
    question:

dealer is saying the purchase price for a leased vehicle will be higher than an outright purchase. Is this true? Are there more costs involved for the dealer to lease it versus selling it?

It doesn't sound right to me.
    twinlabs said:
    question: dealer is saying the purchase price for a leased vehicle will be higher than an outright purchase. Is this true? Are there more costs involved for the dealer to lease it versus selling it? It doesn't sound right to me.
    There are some costs specific to a lease but the selling price should be the same. You can add the extra costs to the sale price or pay them up front. 

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

twinlabs said:

question:

dealer is saying the purchase price for a leased vehicle will be higher than an outright purchase. Is this true? Are there more costs involved for the dealer to lease it versus selling it?

It doesn't sound right to me.

It's definitely possible that lease incentives are not the same as purchase incentives.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

money factor/residual for a 2015 SL Crew Cab?
    15k miles/36 month lease.
    twinlabs said:

money factor/residual for a 2015 SL Crew Cab?
    15k miles/36 month lease.

.00184 MF and 60% residual for 4X4, 55% residual for 4X2

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator