Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Hyundai Santa Fe Lease Questions

songbird54songbird54 Member Posts: 41
edited May 2015 in Hyundai
To research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications, please visit Edmunds 2015 2015 Santa Fe page.

Do we have MF and residual for the 2015 GLS and Limited?

Not that there are any in stock.....but maybe soon

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,217

Do we have MF and residual for the 2015 GLS and Limited?

Not that there are any in stock.....but maybe soon

FWD or AWD?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• songbird54songbird54 Member Posts: 41
    AWD in NJ.

AWD in NJ.

GLS: .00005 MF and 58% for 36mo, 12K/yr

Limited: .00040 MF and 56% residual for 36mo, 12K/yr

$750 lease cash on either.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• sixtsixt Member Posts: 2
    Any ideas on the MF and residual for the 2015 Santa Fe Sport AWD premium package? 36mo, 12K, Tier 1 in upstate NY.
    Rebates when I already own a hyundai and it's Black Friday week?
    Also, is it wise to negotiate msrp before mentioning that I want to lease?
    So far haven't had any luck getting under $350/month with $1400 down.
    Thanks,

AF
    sixt said:

Any ideas on the MF and residual for the 2015 Santa Fe Sport AWD premium package? 36mo, 12K, Tier 1 in upstate NY.
    Rebates when I already own a hyundai and it's Black Friday week?
    Also, is it wise to negotiate msrp before mentioning that I want to lease?
    So far haven't had any luck getting under $350/month with $1400 down.
    Thanks,

AF

.00062 MF and 54% residual. $500 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• leadfootlarryleadfootlarry Member Posts: 2
    Hi, folks. I am looking for the MF and residual percentage for a 12k/36 month lease for the 2014 and 2015 Santa Fe Limited AWD in Virginia and Maryland. Also posted in the 2014 thread. Thanks for your help!!!
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,144

Hi, folks. I am looking for the MF and residual percentage for a 12k/36 month lease for the 2014 and 2015 Santa Fe Limited AWD in Virginia and Maryland. Also posted in the 2014 thread. Thanks for your help!!!

2015 - .00040 and 56%. $750 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• pitchinwedgepitchinwedge Member Posts: 65
    Hi again Michaell, for 12k/36 is it the same .00040 and 56% in So. Cal.?

Hi again Michaell, for 12k/36 is it the same .00040 and 56% in So. Cal.?

Yes, Hyundai numbers are national.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• swpogueswpogue Member Posts: 4
    I'm looking for numbers on a 2015 Sport FWD w/ tech pkg and 15k/36mo lease for NC. Another general question: is %residual calculated off the MSRP or the negotiated cap cost?

Thanks!
    swpogue said:

I'm looking for numbers on a 2015 Sport FWD w/ tech pkg and 15k/36mo lease for NC. Another general question: is %residual calculated off the MSRP or the negotiated cap cost?

Thanks!

.00031 and 51%. $500 lease cash.

Residual is based off the MSRP.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• ico1019ico1019 Member Posts: 4
    Hi. I'm looking for MF and Residual on a 2015 Santa Fe Limited AWD. Kind of new to this, any idea on what I kind of lease payment I should shoot for on 12k/36 months with $0 down?
    ico1019 said:

Hi. I'm looking for MF and Residual on a 2015 Santa Fe Limited AWD. Kind of new to this, any idea on what I kind of lease payment I should shoot for on 12k/36 months with $0 down?

The lease payment is dependent on four numbers, only two of which you have control over:

1. MSRP
    2. Cap cost, which is the negotiated selling price less any money down but could include any up front fees and taxes you wish to roll in
    3. Residual value, set by the finance company
    4. Money factor, also set by the finance company but can be inflated by the dealer

Negotiate the lowest selling price (just like you would for a purchase), and ensure the dealer isn't marking up the MF.

We don't have the January numbers yet.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• rjl83rjl83 Member Posts: 3
    Here's my quote on a loaded Limited AWD with Ultimate Package in Portland, OR:
    Adj cap cost $40,340 (no money down, no trade in)
    MF .00084
    Residual on 36 month, 15k mile lease $24,036 (57.8% of $41,545 MSRP)
    $521 monthly payment

Compared to a friend's lease in December 2014 it looks like the MF doubled, and the adj cap cost seems about $2k too high to me.

Invoice is $38,985 I believe.

I'm not sure if the dealer inflated the MF, or if Hyundai just bumped it up for the new year.

Any advice on getting my monthly payment down? I can try to get their adj cap cost down to $38k (what my friend got in Dec), or see if they'll budge on the MF. How do you ensure that the dealer isn't marking up the MF??
  • rjl83rjl83 Member Posts: 3
    Also curious if anyone has an idea if Hyundai will release incentives on leasing the Santa Fe Limited for 2015 sometime in January? I've seen some manufacturers put their incentives out already, maybe I just need to be patient :)
    rjl83 said:

MF .00084
    $521 monthly payment

Compared to a friend's lease in December 2014 it looks like the MF doubled, and the adj cap cost seems about $2k too high to me.

I'm not sure if the dealer inflated the MF, or if Hyundai just bumped it up for the new year.

Any advice on getting my monthly payment down? I can try to get their adj cap cost down to $38k (what my friend got in Dec), or see if they'll budge on the MF. How do you ensure that the dealer isn't marking up the MF??

While we have some Hyundai information for January, it doesn't yet include the updated MF and residuals; can't tell you if the MF being quoted is inflated or not.

With the numbers you've provided, I'm getting a pre-tax payment of $505.35/mo. That does seem to be expensive for a $40K Hyundai.

Check back with us soon; we should have the lease numbers and you can use them to verify the dealer isn't trying to pull a fast one on you.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

rjl83 said:

MF .00084
    $521 monthly payment

Whoops; I took another look and found the numbers.

.00084 and 57% for 36/15 - these track pretty closely to the numbers quoted by your dealer.

Every $1000 you shave off the selling price reduces your monthly payment by about $28. That's the best way to reduce your monthly payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Hello moderators. What is the residual on 12k/36mo for 2015 Santa Fe Limited AWD? I assume the money factor remains .00084. Need a quick answer if possible. Thanks!
    ico1019 said:

Hello moderators. What is the residual on 12k/36mo for 2015 Santa Fe Limited AWD? I assume the money factor remains .00084. Need a quick answer if possible. Thanks!

.00084 and 59%. $750 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thank you, Michaell, for the quick reply. Where are you getting the $750 lease cash? I see $500 cash/rebate for my area (Michigan). Returning leasees get $750 cash. Is that what you're referring to?
    ico1019 said:

Thank you, Michaell, for the quick reply. Where are you getting the $750 lease cash? I see $500 cash/rebate for my area (Michigan). Returning leasees get $750 cash. Is that what you're referring to?

Nope - the lease cash is a factory to dealer incentive that the dealer can pass along, in part or in whole, to the customer. Completely different than factory to customer incentives - the $500 you are referring to.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Here's my situation, if you don't mind :)

I'm looking at a 2015 Santa Fe LTD AWD - MSRP: $42,425.00
    I've negotiated a price of $38,727 before incentives, which the dealer is telling me is their employee A-Plan price (true?). I'll be leasing for 12k/36mo with $0 down, but the dealer doesn't know that yet. I just asked him what he could do on the price.

Do you believe I still have room to ask for up to $750 lower due to the lease cash incentive? Or do you think they are at/close to their bottom line and will not budge? I'll certainly ask regardless, but I just want to know so I can plan how I make the request.

Thanks again for all your help on this.

ico1019 said:

Here's my situation, if you don't mind :)

I'm looking at a 2015 Santa Fe LTD AWD - MSRP: $42,425.00
    I've negotiated a price of $38,727 before incentives, which the dealer is telling me is their employee A-Plan price (true?). I'll be leasing for 12k/36mo with $0 down, but the dealer doesn't know that yet. I just asked him what he could do on the price.

Do you believe I still have room to ask for up to $750 lower due to the lease cash incentive? Or do you think they are at/close to their bottom line and will not budge? I'll certainly ask regardless, but I just want to know so I can plan how I make the request.

Thanks again for all your help on this.

You can use the pricing tools (make / model / year) at the top of the page to help establish a target price. The $750 should be deducted from that lowest negotiated price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• bmwfan53bmwfan53 Member Posts: 36
    what is the MF and Residual on a 2015 Santa Fe GLS Front Wheel Drive 36 months and 15K miles per year in TX?
    bmwfan53 said:

what is the MF and Residual on a 2015 Santa Fe GLS Front Wheel Drive 36 months and 15K miles per year in TX?

.00056 and 57%. $750 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• bmwfan53bmwfan53 Member Posts: 36
    is the $750 lease cash good for anyone or is that only loyalty cash for current Hyundai owners or someone in the same household as a Hyundai owner?
    bmwfan53 said:

is the $750 lease cash good for anyone or is that only loyalty cash for current Hyundai owners or someone in the same household as a Hyundai owner?

Lease cash is a factory to dealer incentive. The dealer can choose to pass it along to the customer. No qualifications or restrictions associated with it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

bmwfan53 said:

The lease cash is an incentive that is applied to each vehicle, regardless of previous Hyundai ownership.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• woogie1211woogie1211 Member Posts: 3
    Hi..

Can you tell me the RES and MF for a 2015 Santa Fe SUV AWD Automatic, 12k miles 36year lease for Long Island, New York. The MSRP at the dealer is $37,423.

Thank you so much!

The quoted me lease numbers of 3995 down and $495 a month

Hi..

Can you tell me the RES and MF for a 2015 Santa Fe SUV AWD Automatic, 12k miles 36year lease for Long Island, New York. The MSRP at the dealer is $37,423.

Thank you so much!

The quoted me lease numbers of 3995 down and $495 a month

What trim level (Limited, GLS, Sport, Sport 2.0T)?

The quote from the dealer is pretty bad ... ask them for the net cap cost. We also don't recommend putting money down on a lease - if the car is stolen or totaled, you lose that money.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• woogie1211woogie1211 Member Posts: 3
    The trim level is Limited. I am waiting for the Net Cap Cost and will get back to you. Thank you
  • briang5446briang5446 Member Posts: 4
    What kind of margin does a dealer expect to make over its sticker price? I am using TrueCar and found that the sticker price on a 2015 Santa Fe is somewhere around $29K. I'm trying to figure out how much over the sticker price I should offer and what is reasonable to expect a dealer to accept. Thanks.

What kind of margin does a dealer expect to make over its sticker price? I am using TrueCar and found that the sticker price on a 2015 Santa Fe is somewhere around $29K. I'm trying to figure out how much over the sticker price I should offer and what is reasonable to expect a dealer to accept. Thanks.

Use the pricing tools at the top of the page to get a sense of what the Santa Fe is selling for in your neck of the woods. (Make / Model / Year)

You'll get the MSRP (sticker) price, the invoice price and the TMV price - your goal is to get something less than TMV.

Don't worry about the dealer's margin ... focus on getting the best deal for you.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• jacob2877jacob2877 Member Posts: 10
    edited January 2015
    Illinois:

I am supposed to lease a 2015 tomorrow . This is where I am at and I am asking for some clarification and verification of a good deal. The vehicle is a 2015 Santa Fe Limited AWD with the Ultimate Package - the MSRP is 42, 400. The dealer dropped to a price of 38,387 and then added 750 lease cash and 750 loyalty cash - total negotiation was to $36,887.

We agreed to the MF and Residual rates which edmunds showed .00084 and 59%.
    36/12 - was $431 includes tax of 1139. So before tax it would be about 400.
    He had a acquistion fee - and a document fee - I think one was 595 and one was 765.

Two questions: - Does this seem accurate and a good or great deal?

Also, if I wanted to try and go with a different lender can I do this? Can I shop around and talk to the finance guy? I am not leasing the vehicle as they are getting it from another dealer tomorrow. Are there any other ways to save money at this point?

Finally, if I wanted to go to 15k miles about how much does that add to my payment? Can I add smaller mile packages such as instead of 36k vs 45k just 40k?

Or - If i stick with Hyundai - is there a chance they "forgive" if I go over the 12k/year?

Thanks for all the help.
    jacob2877 said:

Illinois:

I am supposed to lease a 2015 tomorrow . This is where I am at and I am asking for some clarification and verification of a good deal. The vehicle is a 2015 Santa Fe Limited AWD with the Ultimate Package - the MSRP is 42, 400. The dealer dropped to a price of 38,387 and then added 750 lease cash and 750 loyalty cash - total negotiation was to $36,887.

We agreed to the MF and Residual rates which edmunds showed .00084 and 59%.
    36/12 - was $431 includes tax of 1139. So before tax it would be about 400.
    He had a acquistion fee - and a document fee - I think one was 595 and one was 765.

Two questions: - Does this seem accurate and a good or great deal?

Also, if I wanted to try and go with a different lender can I do this? Can I shop around and talk to the finance guy? I am not leasing the vehicle as they are getting it from another dealer tomorrow. Are there any other ways to save money at this point?

Finally, if I wanted to go to 15k miles about how much does that add to my payment? Can I add smaller mile packages such as instead of 36k vs 45k just 40k?

Or - If i stick with Hyundai - is there a chance they "forgive" if I go over the 12k/year?

Thanks for all the help.

1) If you are leasing, there is no other lender to go to.. no other bank will match Hyundai Finance program (plus, you don't get the lease cash).

2) If the selling price is the same as the NET cap cost, then I get a payment of $382/mo.+tax. If the acquisition fee is rolled into the cap cost, then it's about right.. $595 is right for the acquisition fee, but $765 is a big number for any other fee... It that isn't for something the government requires, then that is a huge number and I would question it. That would be taking a big chunk of your discount back.

3) Going to 15K/yr adds about $23/mo.+tax to the lease.. Over-mileage never gets forgiven.. Disposition fees, etc, maybe... but, never mileage.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jacob2877jacob2877 Member Posts: 10
    Do they normally roll acquisition fee in? Should I pay for that upfront? And should I disagree with any other fees like doc fee or whatever? 
    jacob2877 said:

Do they normally roll acquisition fee in? Should I pay for that upfront? And should I disagree with any other fees like doc fee or whatever? 

You can choose to pay the acquisition fee up front or roll it into the payment. You can disagree with the doc fee, but it's unlikely that you can have it removed. Try to negotiate a lower selling price to offset this amount.

And, reach out to another Hyundai dealer - competition will only improve your chances of getting what you want.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• gotgt3gotgt3 Member Posts: 114
    What is the monthly pmt for a sport Santa fe cap cost 32465? 12kmi 36 MO term? Turbo w/ultimate 

gotgt3 said:

What is the monthly pmt for a sport Santa fe cap cost 32465? 12kmi 36 MO term? Turbo w/ultimate 

Would need to know the MSRP.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

Thank you :)
    gotgt3 said:

kyfdx said:

gotgt3 said:

Using the lease numbers of .00010 and 55% for 36/12 with your MSRP and net cap cost, I get a pre-tax payment of $316.62/mo.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:
    kyfdx said:

Using the lease numbers of .00010 and 55% for 36/12 with your MSRP and net cap cost, I get a pre-tax payment of $316.62/mo.
    Excellent thank you. They're telling me 350...
    gotgt3 said:

Michaell said:

gotgt3 said:

kyfdx said:

gotgt3 said:

If that includes tax, that may be an OK quote.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

2 scenarios that are making me snarl:
    1) MSRP 38670, residual .55, sales price 36759, acq fee 595, rebate 750, cash 3k, Gov fee 130, taxes 1488, doc fee 134, adjusted residual 21268.5. Monthly pmt 422.55
    2) MSRP 34485, RESIDUAL .55, Sale price 31762, rebate 750, Gov fee 140, taxes 1215.72, doc fee 134, results 18966.75. Month payment 409.01

Do these look right???

Term 36 MO 12kmiles
    gotgt3 said:

2 scenarios that are making me snarl:
    1) MSRP 38670, residual .55, sales price 36759, acq fee 595, rebate 750, cash 3k, Gov fee 130, taxes 1488, doc fee 134, adjusted residual 21268.5. Monthly pmt 422.55
    2) MSRP 34485, RESIDUAL .55, Sale price 31762, rebate 750, Gov fee 140, taxes 1215.72, doc fee 134, results 18966.75. Month payment 409.01

Do these look right???

For quote 1, I get a pre-tax payment of $436.09, for quote 2, pre-tax payment of $360.50

Ask for the net cap cost for each quote - I'm guessing it's different than the sales price. Ask the dealer how they got from the sales price to the net cap cost.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

This is a 2wd.
    37150 msrp, so 33731, cap cosy 34300.28
    36mo/12kmiles
    What should the payment be?
    gotgt3 said:

This is a 2wd.
    37150 msrp, so 33731, cap cosy 34300.28
    36mo/12kmiles
    What should the payment be?

$396.07/mo before tax.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:
    Michaell said:
    kyfdx said:

They're saying without tax. LOLZ. What r they doing?
    gotgt3 said:

Michaell said:

gotgt3 said:

Michaell said:

gotgt3 said:

kyfdx said:

gotgt3 said:

They're saying without tax. LOLZ. What r they doing?

The most common tactic is for the dealer to inflate the MF for more profit.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator