Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Break-In Road Trip- 2015 Ford Mustang GT Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited January 2015 in Ford
imageBreak-In Road Trip- 2015 Ford Mustang GT Long-Term Road Test

This is the text a search engine will offer the reader as description of your page in the search results. Be sure to include 2015 Ford Mustang GT and aim for around 150 characters.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863
    "...causes random speed fluctuations from dead stopped to 95 mph"

Sounds like an ideal trip for a self driving car.
  • Options
    chol92594chol92594 Member Posts: 208
    Have you guys checked the tire pressures? I've found that some cars can ride noticeable better or worse with just a few more/less PSI. My 09 Civic EX-L (205/55/16R tires) calls for a cold pressure of 32 psi for all four tires, but I tend to leave them around 30, occasionally making adjustments for drastic temperature changes. It makes the ride a little less brittle without really affecting handling. The tires appear to be wearing normally as well.

Your Mustang is essentially brand-new, so it has the factory tires. All recommended PSI values are determined with the assumption that you're running the same tires as what came stock. On most cars, a different/replacement/non-OEM set of tires, even of the same size, can allow for a few PSI of adjustment to fine-tune the ride or handling. Even with stock tires, you can normally raise or lower the pressure by 2-3 PSI to smooth out the ride a little or stiffen up the sidewalls for better handling. I normally run mine on the low side whenever I know I'll be doing a lot of highway driving so that the ride is a little less busy.
  • Options
    notfastnotfast Member Posts: 93
    I'm sorta interested in a new Mustang GT, but the weight is really offputting.
  • Options
    allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878
    The car has 1,250 miles on it. Why are you still breaking it in?
  • Options
    cameronrcameronr Member Posts: 38

The car has 1,250 miles on it. Why are you still breaking it in?

The odo reading is after the road trip was concluded.
    EDMUNDS NEWS AND REVIEWS EDITOR