Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2016 Acura MDX

ktm308ktm308 Member Posts: 17
edited January 2015 in Acura
I recently attended the Detroit Auto Show and I heard that Acura is planning to do an early release on the 2016 in the March time frame. It will come with a 9-speed transmission and they are making the entertainment system an option on the advanced model. I also heard they were making some additional options available for the lower-end models. Has anyone else heard any of this?

Comments

• corvette001corvette001 Member Posts: 7
    Pretty much has been all over the internet. Sounds possible
  • ktm308ktm308 Member Posts: 17
    I spoke to a dealer yesterday. According to him they cannot order any additional 2015 models as of this week. He also said that Acura is making some minor cosmetic changes to the front and rear and incorporating some of the new Honda Pilot features in the 2016 MDX. According to him, the 2016 model will start shipping in the March/April timeframe. He said it would depend on the inventory of 2015 models. If there is still a ton of 2015 inventory out there they would delay the release until early summer. He anticipates that Acura will start offering some incentives on the 2015 inventory to clear it out. He said they just announced some cash incentives for the RDX due to the upcoming changes to the 2016 that will be announced at the Chicago show in February. I was considering a 2015 but given this information I will probably wait for the 2016 unless they start offering some major incentives on the 2015.
  • hecarahecara Member Posts: 45
    Anyone know if they will offer the white exterior with the ebony interior in the 2016? I looked and saw they would be offering different interior colors but it didn't specify.
    I spoke to a different dealer yesterday and they told me pretty much the same thing. It does look like the 9 speed transmission is going in the 2016 MDX with an estimated increase of 2 MPG across the board. Also, according to the dealer I spoke to yesterday they are finally upgrading the very outdated navigation system to a more current system to compete with their European counterparts. If this is the case, that is some great news! The other item he mentioned is Acura is going to bring back the saddle tan interior option on several exterior colors. He said the reason for the earlier release was due to the new Honda Pilot they are introducing in Chicago. He said to watch for the options on the new Pilot because this will give you a clue of the changes they are making to the MDX to keep it a step above the Pilot. He said the new Pilot is going to be very similar to the current MDX. He said Acura was going to change the look of the front and back of the MDX to differentiate the two.
  • Hugo_StiglitzHugo_Stiglitz Member Posts: 167
    Here is a link to the 2016 Prep for Acura dealers. http://www.urvi.net/forumfiles/SB/B15-004.PDF
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited February 2015
    Interesting stuff - sounds like swapping out the battery is a bit of a pain.
  • richzrichz Member Posts: 160
    When was the 2015 model released? I see reports here of people picking them up in July 2014 but seems impossible to find the release date.
  • ushy66ushy66 Member Posts: 366
    edited February 2015
    2016 MDX pricing and feature set detailed on Acura's updated website

Check it out: http://www.acura.com/MDXLanding.aspx?model=MDX
    2016 MDX changes coming soon to keep up with the upcoming 2016 Lexus RX 350 and it's complete make-over, and other mid-sized luxury SUV's

X-Ray Specs: 2016 Acura MDX Gets 9-Speed Trans, Electronic Gimcrackery

Check it out: http://blog.caranddriver.com/x-ray-specs-2016-acura-mdx-gets-9-speed-trans-electronic-gimcrackery/
    Yesterday, I test drove a 2016 SH-AWD Tech. I was really concerned the 9-speed would be an issue based on what I have been ready on the various forums and media. I have to say that the new 9-speed in the MDX is not that bad. It does shift more because there are more gears but I did not experience any of the things others have complained about in other models with the ZF transmission. I also drove a 2015 SH-AWD Advanced as a comparison. Actually, the 9-speed shifted smoother than the 6-speed in normal driving. What was really fun was the Sport mode on the 2016. I do not like the Sport mode on the 2015 because it revs too much and when it shifts to the next gear it lurches forward. The 2016 was super smooth compared to the 2015 in the Sport mode and it always seemed to be in the right gear. Also, it did not over-rev like the 2015. It was really fun to drive in this mode! :) In the normal drive mode of the 2016 it did seem to jump between gears at certain speeds. The passengers did not notice it but could feel it in the accelerator. It was so minor I probably would not have noticed it unless I was looking for it. The downshift to pass was not that bad either. It was very responsive and there was no jerking like others had mentioned. It does drop several gears compared to the 6-speed but it was not that bad. The 2015 downshift is more abrupt than the 2016. The delay in downshift was not bad either. If I had to choose between the two based on transmission I would go with the 9-speed and keep it in sport mode for most of my driving! I was also concerned on the new push button gear selector but after driving it, I kind of like it! It makes it easy to shift between Drive and Sport by pushing the button. I also tried the new SH-AWD on the 2016. I am not sure what all Acura changed on this but it is a huge improvement! On the 2015 I could feel the torque vectoring at times under hard acceleration. On the 2016, I did not feel any of this and the MDX was super smooth through the corner and it hugged the corner like an M-Series as I increased the acceleration. I scared my passengers a little on this one but they were impressed with the handling on the MDX. The 2016 MDX definitely felt more confident in the corner! I really like the improvements they did on this! The new mirror is nice as well because it is smaller and it cleans up the windshield some. I am not sure if Acura changed something in the suspension but one of the things I noticed between driving the 2016 and 2015 is the suspension seems smoother in the 2016. I did the same loop on both vehicles and I could tell a noticeable difference. It could have been a tire pressure thing but it was definitely smoother on the 2016. I think the 2016 MDX is going to set a new standard that other manufactures try to follow. I have driven an X5 with the M-Series package and for the price I would go with the 2016 MDX SH-AWD at close to half the price. If you are like me and you are on the fence between the 2015 and 2016 MDX I would wait for the 2016 unless you get a great price on the 2015. After driving the 2016 and having time to sleep on it, I think I am leaning towards getting a 2016 SH-AWD Advanced model.

Apple's Tim Cook on Monday announced CarPlay is coming to 40 car models by the end of the year.

Does this mean the MDX will get the factory installed CarPlay on the 2016 or 2017 model? Anyone with info on this from dealer sales staff?

Check it out: http://www.leftlanenews.com/apple-carplay-to-arrive-in-40-models-this-year.html
    edited March 2015
    Surround View Camera3, Heads-up Display, and Panoramic Sunroof MDX Options: 2016 or 2017 MDX? C'mon Acura, get with it!

While the upcoming, larger and 3rd-row optioned 2016 RX 350 reportedly will have a surround view camera system, and panoramic sunroof options, and already has the heads-up display option on the 2015 RX, when will we see these options come to the MDX in the US (the Surround View Camera System has been available in Canada on the top trim MDX since the 2014 MY) ----> 2016 or 2017MDX? The Surround View Camera3 option is soon to be offered on the 2016 RLX Sedan Advance Pkg. and is similar to the 2015 Infiniti QX60 Around View Monitor, and the Lexus 2016 RX 350 Panoramic View Monitor; Surround View Camera3 uses four cameras to provide a bird's eye view of the surrounding area.
    (Surround View Camera3:
    For 2016, the Acura RLX with Advance Package includes the first U.S. application of Acura's Surround View Camera system3 that provides a 360-degree image of the area around the vehicle. The surround view camera system is designed to assist drivers during critical and precise maneuvers in snug parking situations. Using four separate cameras, views from behind, directly in front of, and both left and right sides of the vehicle can be displayed on the navigation screen. The system can also use all four cameras to seamlessly create a composite bird's eye image, to provide the driver with information about the surroundings. In addition, dynamic on-screen guidelines help the driver see their projected path relative to the lines demarking parking spaces or other objects, allowing them to maneuver with greater confidence and safety.)

Check these links:
    1) Canadian availability: http://acurazine.com/forums/3g-mdx-discussion-2014-414/anyone-who-got-canadian-mdx-2014-surround-cameras-892165/
    2) US 2016 RLX availability: http://www.acura.com/PressReleaseArticle.aspx?year=2015&id=8325-en
    edited October 2015
    Are Keyless Ignition Safeguards in place on the new 2016 MDX, like a timed auto shut-off, to eliminate the risk of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning, when you have an attached garage?

Does anyone know if the 2016 MDX has built-in keyless ignition safeguards, like a timed auto shut-off, to eliminate the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning, if you have an attached garage? And if not, is there a recall in place yet to retro-fit/fix this problem?

Check out the following link: http://abcnews.go.com/US/keyless-ignitions-led-carbon-monoxide-deaths-recalled-suit/story?id=33344253