Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Lexus RC 350 Road Test | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Lexus
image2015 Lexus RC 350 Road Test | Edmunds.com

Edmunds conducts a road test of the 2015 Lexus RC 350 and 2015 Lexus RC F, two versions of an all-new luxury coupe that have the Germans in their sights.

Read the full story here

Comments

• notfastnotfast Member Posts: 93

Toyota is winning the war on ugly front-end styling. Those headlights...? Yuck.

• jeffinohjeffinoh Member Posts: 156

My first thought was- well, at least it's not orange! Then I paged thru the gallery. UGH!

• greg128greg128 Member Posts: 529

I would call this Lexus the exact opposite of "coordinated design" which is evident in the Jaguar F-Type Coupe.
    The latter exudes "Class" and the former has none.

• richard_c0509richard_c0509 Member Posts: 1

I agree as well. It's not very attractive. It's more along the lines of ugly.

• themandarinthemandarin Member Posts: 436

Nice Corolla coupe

• kshankarkshankar Member Posts: 175

The side view reminds me of a Honda Accord coupe.

• dfelix70dfelix70 Member Posts: 143

5.8 seconds to 60 with a 8-speed transmission? Pass.

• mitt_zombie1mitt_zombie1 Member Posts: 32
    edited September 2014

@themandarin said:
    Nice Corolla coupe

The same way a Cadillac CTS is a "Nice Chevy Cavalier" .....

@dfelix70 said:
    5.8 seconds to 60 with a 8-speed transmission? Pass.

That would have been a supercar a few decades ago, how fast do you need to go?
    If you are having a mid life crisis then go for the Vette like most 65 year old bald guys do.

Lots to love on the car, and lots to hate to depending on how you look at things.

Is it an expensive Camry with a nice interior or a more reliable competitor to BMW and Mercedes with more standard features but a little less performance?

You must be pretty jaded though to snear at a 5.8 0-60 time for a base engine,,, My 80's Trans am V8 big block with the screaming chicken took over 10 seconds to reach 60mph.. Most people will never need any more power and I don't want to be looking at a policeman's gun for driving over 100 like a saw some kid in a Honda was the other day....

• brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244

Another car hit with the big ugly stick.. This Lexus RC looks like the bride of Frankenstein.

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• dgcamerodgcamero Member Posts: 148
    I don't think it's very pretty from the outside, but the interior is quite unique and very attractive for the most part!
  • subatomicsubatomic Member Posts: 140
    "The all-new Lexus RC coupe is about the size of the Ford Mustang but without the adolescent fixation on running horses or 1960s muscle heritage." - Adolescent fixation? No need to insult the Mustang or its fan base. Drivers who are attracted to this car probably will not be considering a Mustang and drivers who are attracted to the Mustang probably will not be considering a Lexus RC. I'm sure each care has its merits and shortcomings.
  • wackfordwackford Member Posts: 41
    I think that this is a good effort on the part of Lexus. However, its competitors (Audi A5/S5, BMW 428/435) offer manual transmissions, which Lexus does not, which is unfortunate. I would probably go with a German because of this. Too bad, as I like this Lexus.
  • carreragt3carreragt3 Member Posts: 9
    I believe my 528i does 0-60 in 5.7 sec., and gets 33mpg hwy. Not sure why Lexus still fiddles with these poor non-turbos. With such poor mileage, it must not have direct injection. The car is smallish in size, yet crowds the price of the 5-series and the A6. I seriously don't understand what Lexus is doing right now. Yet they still sell cars. Perplexing...
  • boffboff Member Posts: 91
    The article takes a crap on Mustang for "adolescent" somethingorother, but the 2015 Mustang is the very picture of styling restraint next to this car.
  • cowichancowichan Member Posts: 5
    Had to laugh. "The quarter mile saunters by in 14.2 sec at 99mph. I remember my '69 Z28 which sauntered by in 14.85sec at 100mph.
  • emajoremajor Member Posts: 332
    "but without the adolescent fixation on running horses or 1960s muscle heritage"

The styling on this car doesn't exactly say "maturity" either. A mustang in a tame color looks more tasteful and subdued than this.