Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Toyota Sienna Lease Questions

lkg1lkg1 Member Posts: 8
edited December 2014 in Toyota
Hi. I am in CA and am looking to lease the 2015 Siena LE for 36 mo. Can you please provide the MF and RV (do they have 10k/year leases - if not then 12k). Also, any cash incentives out this month? Appreciate your help.

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    lkg1 said:

Hi. I am in CA and am looking to lease the 2015 Siena LE for 36 mo. Can you please provide the MF and RV (do they have 10k/year leases - if not then 12k). Also, any cash incentives out this month? Appreciate your help.

.00009 MF and 61% residual for 36mo, 12K/yr.

No 10K/yr leases from TFS

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• jobryantjobryant Member Posts: 15
    edited December 2014
    Hi can I get the MF and RV for a 12k/yr 36mo for a 2015 Toyota Sienna SE and XLE? I'm in AZ.

Thank you!
    jobryant said:

Hi can I get the MF and RV for a 12k/yr 36mo for a 2015 Toyota Sienna SE and XLE? I'm in AZ.

Thank you!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• pblx5pblx5 Member Posts: 44
    Can you please provide MF and RV for 12K/36 mo 2015 Sienna Limited or Limited Premium in DC Metro? Thanks!
  • smc1009smc1009 Member Posts: 6
    What are the MF and Residuals on a LE FWD in Massachusetts and NY?
    I don't have any regional numbers from Toyota... refer to numbers given above. If the post is from December, that's all we have.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks! Is the residual % the same for Limited as for XLE/SE and AWD vs FWD?
    pblx5 said:

Thanks! Is the residual % the same for Limited as for XLE/SE and AWD vs FWD?

It probably isn't... but, Toyota is famous for not residualizing all options, so the only way to get the actual residual is to have the dealer look at the invoice...

Sorry... wish I could be of more help.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks for the quick reply!
    kyfdx said:

jobryant said:

Thank you!

Just got back from a Toyota dealership that gave me .57 for the residual on this vehicle... How sure are we on the .61? Could it be wrong? Or is the dealer being deceptive...
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,012
    jobryant said:

kyfdx said:

jobryant said:

Thank you!

Just got back from a Toyota dealership that gave me .57 for the residual on this vehicle... How sure are we on the .61? Could it be wrong? Or is the dealer being deceptive...
    Dealer is not allowed to modify the residual. They could be using a different finance company - in which case we won't be able to validate.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Michaell said:

jobryant said:

kyfdx said:

jobryant said:

Thank you!

Dealer is not allowed to modify the residual. They could be using a different finance company - in which case we won't be able to validate.
    The finance manager told me that certain things don't residualize and that it would be .57. What finance company offers the .61 residual?
    jobryant said:

Michaell said:

jobryant said:

kyfdx said:

jobryant said:

Thank you!

The finance manager told me that certain things don't residualize and that it would be .57. What finance company offers the .61 residual?
    That is also true, and is what makes leasing Toyotas (or trying to provide solid advice on leasing them) so maddening.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• tvromerotvromero Member Posts: 3
    I am just starting to look into a lease of a 2015 Sienna Limited with AWD for 3yr/36. I have been offered the following which does not really seem very good but wanted to get some feedback
    MSRP - 47180
    Cap Cost - 42805 (includes fees and down payment of 4K)
    Residual - 25383 (~54%)
    MF = .00101

I was quoted a payment of $565 per month.

My credit rating is 780 so the MF seems really bad and the residual seems several % low, am I correct or does this offer look good.

Thanks,
    Tim
    tvromero said:

I am just starting to look into a lease of a 2015 Sienna Limited with AWD for 3yr/36. I have been offered the following which does not really seem very good but wanted to get some feedback
    MSRP - 47180
    Cap Cost - 42805 (includes fees and down payment of 4K)
    Residual - 25383 (~54%)
    MF = .00101

I was quoted a payment of $565 per month.

My credit rating is 780 so the MF seems really bad and the residual seems several % low, am I correct or does this offer look good.

Thanks,
    Tim

The 36/12 residual for the Sienna Ltd AWD is 57% through Toyota Financial Services. Perhaps your dealer is using a different bank.

What state are you in? The Toyota MF information is highly regional - and, we don't have all regions.

We don't recommend you make a down payment on a lease - if the van is stolen or totaled, you are out that money.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

The 36/12 residual for the Sienna Ltd AWD is 57% through Toyota Financial Services. Perhaps your dealer is using a different bank.

What state are you in? The Toyota MF information is highly regional - and, we don't have all regions.

I am in Northern CA

tvromero said:

Michaell said:

I am in Northern CA

MF is .00001

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

MF is .00001

Thanks for the information. I seem to be getting quotes for .00101, which is from Toyota Lease Trust and .00001 from Toyota Financial Services. Are these really different companies and why would a dealer choose one over the other when the rates are so different?

-Tim
    tvromero said:

Michaell said:

MF is .00001

Thanks for the information. I seem to be getting quotes for .00101, which is from Toyota Lease Trust and .00001 from Toyota Financial Services. Are these really different companies and why would a dealer choose one over the other when the rates are so different?

-Tim

They probably are different companies.. They might also have different residuals. The dealer should be using the one that gives the lowest lease payment, considering all variables.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• dutch_2015dutch_2015 Member Posts: 3
    Hi, living in Haddonfield, Southern NJ. what would the residual and the MF be here ?
    Thanks !

Hi, living in Haddonfield, Southern NJ. what would the residual and the MF be here ?
    Thanks !

Residuals don't vary by region.. We don't have money factors specific to NJ.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• dutch_2015dutch_2015 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks, but what would be a good proxy for NJ ?

Thanks, but what would be a good proxy for NJ ?

Boston area shows .00001 MF

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    If you are a parent of young children (at least one under 12 years old) who owns a Toyota Sienna (2013-15), a reporter would like for you to fill out a survey for use in a print publication. Click here for the survey http://tinyurl.com/o8uzder
  • ombarr96ombarr96 Member Posts: 59
    Hi. I am in TX Zip Code 76006 and am looking to lease a 2015 Sienna L for 36 months. Can you please provide the Money Factor and Residual Values for either 12K miles/year or 15K miles/year? Also, does my Toyota region have any cash incentives/rebates/dealer cash for leases out this month? Thanks in advance for all the great info.
    ombarr96 said:

Hi. I am in TX Zip Code 76006 and am looking to lease a 2015 Sienna L for 36 months. Can you please provide the Money Factor and Residual Values for either 12K miles/year or 15K miles/year? Also, does my Toyota region have any cash incentives/rebates/dealer cash for leases out this month? Thanks in advance for all the great info.

60% for 36/15. Add 2% for 12k

Looks like the MF is .00001 this month.

No lease cash that I see.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thanks for the quick response. One more question, will Toyota Financial do a 24 month lease at either mileage allotted? Thanks again in advance.
    ombarr96 said:

Thanks for the quick response. One more question, will Toyota Financial do a 24 month lease at either mileage allotted? Thanks again in advance.

I believe so, yes.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

OK. What are the Money Factors and Residual Values for 12K miles/year for 24 months and 15K miles/year for 24 months? Thanks in advance.
    ombarr96 said:

OK. What are the Money Factors and Residual Values for 12K miles/year for 24 months and 15K miles/year for 24 months? Thanks in advance.

Same MF. 69% residual for 24/15. Add 2% for 12K.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• ndieselndiesel Member Posts: 5
    Hello, I am in southern CA, do you have the residual and MF for a Limited Premium AWD 12K/36m for February? Many thanks.
    ndiesel said:

Hello, I am in southern CA, do you have the residual and MF for a Limited Premium AWD 12K/36m for February? Many thanks.

55% residual for 36/12 and .00001 MF

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• cbass16cbass16 Member Posts: 5
    edited February 2015
    Can I get the MF and RV on a 2015 Sienna XLE FWD for 36/12 in CT? Thanks!
    cbass16 said:

Can I get the MF and RV on a 2015 Sienna XLE FWD for 36/12 in CT? Thanks!

60% and .00001

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

One last question, but this time regarding the 2015 Sienna LE. What are the Money Factors and Residual Values for 12K miles/year for 24 and 36 months and 15K miles/year for 24 and 36 months in TX ZIP 76006? I may have found a better deal for an LE rather than an L. Thanks in advance.
    ombarr96 said:

One last question, but this time regarding the 2015 Sienna LE. What are the Money Factors and Residual Values for 12K miles/year for 24 and 36 months and 15K miles/year for 24 and 36 months in TX ZIP 76006? I may have found a better deal for an LE rather than an L. Thanks in advance.

Same MF, but residual is 2% less than the L

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Wow, I can't believe the residuals are 2% lower on the LE than the L...I thought they would be higher...oh well, thanks again for the great info. I'll be prepared.
    ombarr96 said:

Wow, I can't believe the residuals are 2% lower on the LE than the L...I thought they would be higher...oh well, thanks again for the great info. I'll be prepared.

In general, higher trim levels have lower residuals ... more features to depreciate.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Ok, this is what I got offered by a local Toyota dealer in TX ZIP 76006 for a 2015 Sienna L in PreDawn Gray for 36 months at 12K miles per year for a Tier 1+ (720+ credit score):

MSRP: $30,108
    Selling Price: $26,550
    minus Toyota Lease Cash: $200
    Residual: $17,762 or 59% of MSRP
    Money Factor: 0.00001 or 0.02% APR
    $0 Cash Due at Signing
    FREE 4 year ToyotaCare
    Monthly Payment of $316.13

First of all, I was told on this forum that the Residual for 36 months at 12K miles per year for a 2015 Sienna L would be 62%. The dealer insisted it was 59% and he double checked it. Is the dealer lying to me? Please advise. Thanks in advance for your insight.
    ombarr96 said:

Ok, this is what I got offered by a local Toyota dealer in TX ZIP 76006 for a 2015 Sienna L in PreDawn Gray for 36 months at 12K miles per year for a Tier 1+ (720+ credit score):

MSRP: $30,108
    Selling Price: $26,550
    minus Toyota Lease Cash: $200
    Residual: $17,762 or 59% of MSRP
    Money Factor: 0.00001 or 0.02% APR
    $0 Cash Due at Signing
    FREE 4 year ToyotaCare
    Monthly Payment of $316.13

First of all, I was told on this forum that the Residual for 36 months at 12K miles per year for a 2015 Sienna L would be 62%. The dealer insisted it was 59% and he double checked it. Is the dealer lying to me? Please advise. Thanks in advance for your insight.

Toyota residuals are notoriously difficult to understand. They don't residualize all their options like other manufacturers. The 62% that was quoted is the "base MSRP maximum lease residual percentages", which means that, depending on options, it could be lower. The dealers often have to look up the residual on a particular unit.

Also, be advised that in Texas the entire selling price is subject to sales tax. This makes lease payments much more expensive than in other states. What is the tax rate where you live? The sales tax is added to the selling price to get to the net cap cost.

With all that being said, $316/mo for a car that stickers at over $30K is a pretty decent deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

I checked my leasing calculators and determined that if I actually received the 62% residual for 36 months at 12K miles per year, my monthly payment would be $290.17 (a savings of $26.46 per month) - a BIG difference to me and a MUCH better deal. Opinions? Thanks in advance
    ombarr96 said:

I checked my leasing calculators and determined that if I actually received the 62% residual for 36 months at 12K miles per year, my monthly payment would be $290.17 (a savings of $26.46 per month) - a BIG difference to me and a MUCH better deal. Opinions? Thanks in advance

The only thing I can suggest is to reach out to another Toyota dealer and see if they can offer you the higher residual.

Be advised that the dealer cannot change the residual value on their own; they must follow the banks' recommendation.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Yes, I included my Texas 6.25% sales tax rate so TT&L was $1,753.13, Toyota Lease Acquisition Fee was $650, but I deduced that the Documentary Fee seemed VERY high at $372. Subtract the $200 Toyota Lease cash to get an Adjusted Cap Cost of $29,125 and 59% residual of $17,762. That is what he used to get to the $316.13. I'm still wondering about what else was added because that Documentary Fee seems $250 too high. What could be the extra $250 fee??? Please advise. By the way, I reached out to 2 nearby Toyota dealers to confirm the 59% vs 62% residual. Thanks again.
    ombarr96 said:

Yes, I included my Texas 6.25% sales tax rate so TT&L was $1,753.13, Toyota Lease Acquisition Fee was $650, but I deduced that the Documentary Fee seemed VERY high at $372. Subtract the $200 Toyota Lease cash to get an Adjusted Cap Cost of $29,125 and 59% residual of $17,762. That is what he used to get to the $316.13. I'm still wondering about what else was added because that Documentary Fee seems $250 too high. What could be the extra $250 fee??? Please advise. By the way, I reached out to 2 nearby Toyota dealers to confirm the 59% vs 62% residual. Thanks again.

With the updated Adjusted Cap Cost, I'm now getting the $316 payment. The Doc Fee could be a dealer imposed fee to boost their profit.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

What about a transport fee to transport the vehicle from another Toyota dealership? I know that the dealer I'm negotiating with DOESN'T have the Sienna L on their lot and would have to acquire it. Sounds plausible, no? Opinions? Thanks in advance.
    ombarr96 said:

What about a transport fee to transport the vehicle from another Toyota dealership? I know that the dealer I'm negotiating with DOESN'T have the Sienna L on their lot and would have to acquire it. Sounds plausible, no? Opinions? Thanks in advance.

It's possible that the dealer will want to charge you a fee for a dealer exchange.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• frank782frank782 Member Posts: 36
    Hi, looking for MF and residual on a LE in NYS, 36 months, 12k, also will Toyota negotiate out disposition fee, any recent lease incentives?
    frank782 said:

Hi, looking for MF and residual on a LE in NYS, 36 months, 12k, also will Toyota negotiate out disposition fee, any recent lease incentives?

60% and .00001. $200 lease cash.

The disposition fee is imposed by the bank and cannot be removed.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• frank782frank782 Member Posts: 36
    Thank you michaell...here is my current offer:

2015 sienna le, New York, 8.75% sales tax

Msrp:32,610
    Dealer discount: 2,184
    Toyota rebate $200
    Tax and title: $147.50
    Sales tax: 2,651.34
    Selling price: $30,226
    $450 down
    $364.60 per month x 36 months
    12k miles

Seems like there is more room to move on selling price, any suggestions??? I am hoping for at least another $1,000 of selling price
    frank782 said:

Thank you michaell...here is my current offer:

2015 sienna le, New York, 8.75% sales tax

Msrp:32,610
    Dealer discount: 2,184
    Toyota rebate $200
    Tax and title: $147.50
    Sales tax: 2,651.34
    Selling price: $30,226
    $450 down
    $364.60 per month x 36 months
    12k miles

Seems like there is more room to move on selling price, any suggestions??? I am hoping for at least another $1,000 of selling price

Not sure how much activity there is, but you may want to look at the "Sienna Prices Paid" discussion. Also, use the pricing tools here at Edmunds (make / model / year) at the top of the page to help establish a good target price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator