Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2012 Jeep Compass. Haywire turn signals!

sdr6sdr6 Member Posts: 2
edited February 2015 in Jeep
I have a 2012 Jeep Compass Latitude with a strange issue. The turn signals go off intermittently when driving. Also, the hazard lights turn on while driving. This can be dangerous. Goodyear could not fix bc they couldn't replicate the problem in the shop. Anyone else have this problem? It is probably electrical and will cost a fortune at the dealer...

Comments

• ray80ray80 Member Posts: 1,655
    You are out of warranty on your 2012?
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Well Good year has a point. When a problem is intermittent, you can't fix what you can't see. If I had to take a wild guess, I'd be looking at the multi-function switch and the flasher relay, but really, without proper diagnosis I could be totally wrong. Something, some short, seems to be energizing the flasher circuit when it shouldn't be.
  • thecardoc3thecardoc3 Member Posts: 5,747
    Odds are they might not be able to complete the repair even if they did experience the issue. The lamps in question are all controlled by the front control module which needs to be programmed when installed if it is proven to be the cause. Diagnostics would require confirming the inputs to the front control module to be sure that the circuits are in fact not being incorrectly commanded on, and then confirm the outputs from the module to the lamps. You really do need to have the WiTech, or the Witech-lite scan tools to do that since those functions are not fully supported by even professional level aftermarket scan tools.
  • sdr6sdr6 Member Posts: 2
    So they probably would have to do that diagnostics test before figuring out the problem. Sounds like an expensive dealer repair. Thank you for your advice!