Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2016 Kia Sorento Road Test | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited February 2015 in Kia
image2016 Kia Sorento Road Test | Edmunds.com

This 2016 Kia Sorento Road Test includes everything you need to know about this completely redesigned crossover SUV, including price, fuel economy, interior space and features.

Read the full story here

Comments

• fotoplaydanfotoplaydan Member Posts: 3
    The actual towing capacity for the V6 Highlander is equal at 5000 lbs. Get your facts straight. It was 5000 lbs with the last gen Highlander as well.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Only in the XLE and Limited styles per Toyota.com. 2,000 in the LE Plus with the six. No idea on the 2016 Highlanders.
  • wags67wags67 Member Posts: 1
    Towing capacity is actually 6200-7400lbs for the Grand Cherokee, and 4700lbs for the 4Runner.
  • alan_salan_s Member Posts: 362
    $46,000 for a Sorento is nuts.
  • jeffinohjeffinoh Member Posts: 156
    Man, that's a pretty car. I just love what Kia is doing stylewise. Also love the 2-tone interior.
  • odie6lodie6l Member Posts: 1,173
    I'm cross comparing the '15 Pilot, '15 $Runner, '15 Highlander, and the "16 Sorento as replacements for my '06 Pilot. The towing is one of my requirements and has to be over 4500lbs. The Pilot is listed as 4500, the highlander is 5000, the 4Runner is actually 6200lbs (checked with both Dealer and via Toyota's main Twitter feed) not 4700lbs. It was changed after the brochures came out. the Sorento is 5000. The only other requirement for me is the 3rd row seating. This is only an option in the 4Runner and standard in the others. The one thing I will be chacking at the Philly Auto show (if possible) is the ground clearance / height of the hitch receiver on the vehicles. My main concern is the clearance I will have when my grill is on the back of the vehicles ( www.gogalley.com ).

Odie
  • pauljosaphpauljosaph Member Posts: 1
    It is expected that that Kia Motors will unveil its all-wheel drive (AWD) EV concept car in February, at the Chicago Auto Show.

http://www.bidnessetc.com/33741-kia-gears-up-to-take-on-tesla-tsla-with-new-awd-soul-ev-concept/
  • saratogastevesaratogasteve Member Posts: 186
    is the 2016 Sorento the same car as the 2015 Santa Fe? Are they playing catch up or did they leap frog the Santa Fe in any way other than cosmetics?
  • kiasxlkiasxl Member Posts: 1
    The interior is on par with lexus rx and acura mdx. Kia really has come a long way.
  • odie6lodie6l Member Posts: 1,173
    Well, the Kia has been knocked off the list as well as the '15 Pilot. The '16 Pilot has replaced the '15, just need to see the prices.

This is what I got from Kia regarding the Trailer hitch....
    "The measurement of the trailer hitch receiver is as follows. 248mm (9.8 inches) from ground to bottom of the hitch receiver and 285 mm (11.2 inches) from the ground to the center of the hitch receiver." This came directly from Kia, not the sales people. I need at least 14 inches to the center of the hitch receiver. I have not seen any hitches on the Highlander to make a determination.

Odie
  • hsteveshsteves Member Posts: 1
    We just bought the 2016 Sorento EX V6 Love it. Best Part was the Front Passenger seat that is a huge improvement. This is our 3rd Kia in 3 years The first was a Rio that I loved but my Husband Hated because it was to small Then we got a 2013 Sportage which I also loved. The reason for trading it in was that dealerships were offering a great deal on the AWD Sportages. Both previous cars I had issues with the Front passenger seat. The Rio was way to close to the floor and the Sportage was a little better but not great. The Sorento is awesome love the Heated seats and Power controls. The only thing it lacks is Lumbar support on the Passenger front. We also lease and never had a problem. They take care of it no matter how small the issue. I'm thinking we will keep this longer than 18 months!