Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lack of Driver Seat Adjustment - 2015 Chevrolet Colorado Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited February 2015 in Chevrolet
imageLack of Driver Seat Adjustment - 2015 Chevrolet Colorado Long-Term Road Test

The lack of driver seat adjustability is one of my least favorite elements of the 2015 Chevrolet Colorado.

Read the full story here

Comments

• reminderreminder Member Posts: 383
    My 5'9" frame fits nicely.
    Temps in my neck of the woods heading into the negative teens by the weekend, so no chance of exposed skin near the key fob.
  • grijongrijon Member Posts: 147
    edited February 2015
    When it comes to domestics I historically recommended GM before the other two, but I have always recommended people stay as far away from the old Colorado as they can, as I consider it to be utterly pathetic GARBAGE; the seats (particularly the driver's) are a large part of that.

It's disappointing to hear that the new Colorado carries this on...
  • chol92594chol92594 Member Posts: 208
    Where/how exactly is the driver's seat lacking adjustment? You say this, but you don't actually explain what it is (lack of adequate steering wheel telescope travel, seat won't slide back far enough, etc).
  • miata52miata52 Member Posts: 114
    Did you mean steering wheel adjustment? If you could telescope the wheel in it would not hit you.
  • john_in_tcjohn_in_tc Member Posts: 28
    I sat in the front seat of a Colorado at the Detroit auto show. The driver seat was all right but the passenger seat was very uncomfortable because I could not place my size ten shoes flat against the firewall because ducts for the heating and ventilation system hung down. This meant I had to place my feet flat on the floor which put my knees in the air placing all my weight on my tailbone. I am only 5ft 10 in. tall, and weigh 160 lbs., hardly unusual. Many car testers fail to test the passenger seat.
  • jstrauch81jstrauch81 Member Posts: 64
    I can't stop staring at the gigantic plastic seam on the ignition.
  • allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878

I can't stop staring at the gigantic plastic seam on the ignition.

But it will make those recall repairs go so much quicker.

• rwatsonrwatson Member Posts: 144
    Too much money for too little quality. I guess it all goes to the advertising that insults GM's car buying customers. So long as they make you feel like a man, they can sell you a bucket with a hole in it.
  • barich1barich1 Member Posts: 143
    They're still selling vehicles that take keys? Not even an integrated key/fob?
  • cmhj2000cmhj2000 Member Posts: 381
    I was interested in this truck, until I sat in one. GEZs I'll continue to avoid GM